Just bought a used HydraMaster waterpond yesterday. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Just bought a used HydraMaster waterpond yesterday.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Just bought a Used Waterpond (elec. vac. reel w both fresh and solution - live reels). The guy I bought it from is bringing it to my shop. It’s going to get stripped and repainted before installation.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Just bought a Used Waterpond (elec. vac. reel w both fresh and solution - live reels). The guy I bought it from is bringing it to my shop. It’s going to get stripped and repainted before installation.

Is this your first one? Or even first powered hose reel? If so you're going to wonder how you ever got along with out them.

Reactions: SRD

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
If you bought a HydraMaster, its called a Cradle. The Water Pond is a Prochem/SS product.

I prefer the Water Pond. In fact when I purchased my new HydraMaster Titan it came with a Cradle (dealer didnt sell SS products) and traded it for a Water Pond. Its just a better product

But for $2000 the Cradle is still a good deal

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
If you bought a HydraMaster, its called a Cradle. The Water Pond is a Prochem/SS product.

I prefer the Water Pond. In fact when I purchased my new HydraMaster Titan it came with a Cradle (dealer didnt sell SS products) and traded it for a Water Pond. Its just a better product

But for $2000 the Cradle is still a good deal
You are right - hahaha. Looking at the two side by side; I see a couple little differences that leans me toward the cradle.
1. Cradle has open reels for heat dissipation ( solution line stays cooler in reel ).
2. Has holding cubby in front for large bootle or ??
3. Has openings for spray wands.
4. IMO it looks ( as much as these things go ), cooler ??
It'll be nice to push a foot peddle and just guide the hose in at the end of the second or third job.
Thanks for straightening me out there.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
You are right - hahaha. Looking at the two side by side; I see a couple little differences that leans me toward the cradle.
1. Cradle has open reels for heat dissipation ( solution line stays cooler in reel ).
2. Has holding cubby in front for large bootle or ??
3. Has openings for spray wands.
4. IMO it looks ( as much as these things go ), cooler ??
It'll be nice to push a foot peddle and just guide the hose in at the end of the second or third job.
Thanks for straightening me out there.
I am interested in knowing your thoughts on why the pond is a bette product.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I thought I edited in an appeal for your thoughts on the preference for the pond vs. cradle in my response but I see it didn’t make it in the response ? ? Soooo, please tell me your thoughts on the preference for the pond.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Water Pond holds more hose and water (not much but some).

Biggest plus for the Water Pond is a smaller footprint (both width and length) which means more room in the van for other toys.

IMG_3868.jpg
IMG_3867.jpg

Last edited: