judson fuel oil | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

judson fuel oil

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
When I was ordering mine , I went with a single wand model 23/47. I'm able to clean carpet and upholstery as a dual option. I did try dual wanding on carpet only, but failed. If I went 4 all the way, I believe that it would be a different story.
Did you talked to all small manufacturers and are ready to make an informed decision?
After processing all the informations ( a lot to take in) step back, sleep on it and then decide. Go with your gut, don't get entangled in to many whistles and bells, LED lighting and such. You need to set for practicality, functionality and willingness to maintain your machine.
Sir what unit do you run. and thanks for the support.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
For the pros it's a great machine. Reliable day after day and has no issue putting in a 17-20 hour day if you need it to. Always plenty of hot water and if you have the option for live water input and auto dump it'll run without stopping as long as you have gas in the tank. I think I've ran up to 350 feet of hose off of one, possibly more. We had 2 avalanches and 3 butlers and us avalanche guys always went on the big commercial jobs because the machines seemed to perform better.

Cons are mainly things breaking when nobody does the maintenance on them but that's any machine. Only other issue I had was the safety switch that kills the motor if your truck goes below 1/4 tank of gas. Not a huge deal but I love to try squeezing my last job in before getting gas at the end of the night.
Like what kind of things just curious. I do over kill PM on my TM. I can get the bigger unit for 2k more than the Avalanche. I like the Judson a lot but it's propane 21k I love the Avalanche fuel oil burn 26k so I have a 5k decision to make.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Acp I was just giving my opinion on real life experience using both the time I had the propane fired burner I burnt hair of my arms face and head with the kero zero problems the only thing with kero is if you stand close to the exhaust you can get burnt or destroy a jacket
Mr. Kxp I would love to have a new 2200 Powermatic steamway but I can't even get kevin to call me back I called him again yesterday left another voice mail and he is wanting a little over 30k for one if I'm going to pay that then I just need to buy R

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Mr. Kxp I would love to have a new 2200 Powermatic steamway but I can't even get kevin to call me back I called him again yesterday left another voice mail and he is wanting a little over 30k for one if I'm going to pay that then I just need to buy Rob's lifetime pro fire

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Like what kind of things just curious. I do over kill PM on my TM. I can get the bigger unit for 2k more than the Avalanche. I like the Judson a lot but it's propane 21k I love the Avalanche fuel oil burn 26k so I have a 5k decision to make.
If you run the pump too long without pulling the trigger after a while the seals will go bad and need to be replaced ($150 and about 3 hours if you're slow)

If you don't grease and wd40 the blower it'll get sticky and put more strain on the coupler and eventually break it. A new one every year or two isn't bad but if you go through one every few months you have an issue.

Do your recommended oil changes on the blower, pump, and kohler engine.

All of these things are what you SHOULD be doing anyway so if you take care of your equipment it will last a long time.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
If you run the pump too long without pulling the trigger after a while the seals will go bad and need to be replaced ($150 and about 3 hours if you're slow)

If you don't grease and wd40 the blower it'll get sticky and put more strain on the coupler and eventually break it. A new one every year or two isn't bad but if you go through one every few months you have an issue.

All of these things are what you SHOULD be doing anyway so if you take care of your equipment it will last a long time.
will you give me your number through email sir lindellrzanders79@yahoo.com

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

Every pump should have a bypass and a water box to recirculate into to keep the pump cool.

Pumps can burn up within 5-10 minutes if this is not applied.....many of us have done this until this was fied years ago.

Surprised if STEAMWAY doesnt bypass its water with an off loader. to re-circulate the water.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Every pump should have a bypass and a water box to recirculate into to keep the pump cool.

Pumps can burn up within 5-10 minutes if this is not applied.....many of us have done this until this was fied years ago.

Surprised if STEAMWAY doesnt bypass its water with an off loader. to re-circulate the water.
The newer models might have one added. The ones I usually worked on were decently old when I started on them 8 years ago. And the only guy who had an issue with it consistently would leave his wand down for 20-40 minutes at a time talking.

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I think I payed 17000 for my powermatic in 01 one I would tell you is buy a new machine if your younger and in the first years in business don’t be messing around with used and make sure you can get ahold of somebody Steamaway had good customer support back then I can still get parts but they could diagnose everything over the phone

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Sir what unit do you run. and thanks for the support.
It's Relia -built . I opted for no HX version, I get heat from LG 3Htp, propane burner, 120000 BTU. Before, I've operated for about 5 years Prochem 650 HP and SS 370, both great units, when properly maintained.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Aren't the these the TM's that run water through the blowers? Forget that

No, That's the Amtex Prowler that has waste water running through the blower.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
my I ask ACP what TM you run sir
I only read the first page. If I were you I’d take a drive to Judson and talk to Les and run the C4. As long as your tank is outside the van and you operate it safely you’ll be fine but if your not comfortable afterwards get a HX unit.

Reactions: Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
LRZ360 we run a judson tnt and a relia built.

Our next unit will be another relia built no doubt and probably one of his HX models. They are absolutely bulletproof, simple, total work horse $ making machines.

Judson has a few more features like pump clutch, larger waste tank... but the relia built has more vac power with same exact blower being that its coupler driven (vs belt on the judson)

Also it drives the blower a bit harder which I prefer, I dont need a blower to last 20yrs I prefer to run it a bit harder and have more vac.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
I only read the first page. If I were you I’d take a drive to Judson and talk to Les and run the C4. As long as your tank is outside the van and you operate it safely you’ll be fine but if your not comfortable afterwards get a HX unit.
Thanks sir I'm going to do that

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
LRZ360 we run a judson tnt and a relia built.

Our next unit will be another relia built no doubt and probably one of his HX models. They are absolutely bulletproof, simple, total work horse $ making machines.

Judson has a few more features like pump clutch, larger waste tank... but the relia built has more vac power with same exact blower being that its coupler driven (vs belt on the judson)

Also it drives the blower a bit harder which I prefer, I dont need a blower to last 20yrs I prefer to run it a bit harder and have more vac.
For me a pump clutch is a must. I’ve only had to use it twice. Once was when I had a hose on the machine blow out and spray water all over the inside of the van. It was a late night job and I wasn’t in the mood to change out the hose. After the job I turned off the pump clutch and was still able to dry out the blower so I didn’t have to put the machine away wet until I could change out the hose.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
For me a pump clutch is a must. I’ve only had to use it twice. Once was when I had a hose on the machine blow out and spray water all over the inside of the van. It was a late night job and I wasn’t in the mood to change out the hose. After the job I turned off the pump clutch and was still able to dry out the blower so I didn’t have to put the machine away wet until I could change out the hose.
A pump clutch is also a must for any kind of extraction work for me. I know a lot of TMs have a bypass to cool down the pump but in my opinion why risk it not working when you can just turn off the pump and KNOW it isn't overheating?

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
www.tile-cleaning-pros.com
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
OK, this may be a stupid question but what exactly is a pump clutch and how does it work?