judson fuel oil | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

judson fuel oil

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
disagree on the propane vs. kerosene heater....

most TM fires posted on video is a propane fire...

kerosene heaters can have a burn off and contanement.....used them for 15 years....

TRUE ...rarely have a propane fire , but when you do it is always.....kaboom...explosive....

Reactions: SRD

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
ok so if I purchase a Judson C4 who can I send it to to have it changed over to fuel oil I'm just terrified of propane

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
disagree on the propane vs. kerosene heater....

most TM fires posted on video is a propane fire...

kerosene heaters can have a burn off and contanement.....used them for 15 years....

TRUE ...rarely have a propane fire , but when you do it is always.....kaboom...explosive....
Has nothing to do with the fuel type and everything to do with them keeping the tanks in the messy van right next to the heater.

Kero is 100% not safer ask anyone in the RV industry.

• Wow
Reactions: Odin and Swani21

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
ok so if I purchase a Judson C4 who can I send it to to have it changed over to fuel oil I'm just terrified of propane
Do more research, have you seen a judson set up? The heater is completely separate

Also u should do more research on different fuel types, propane is safer and much more readily available.

If you go kero where are you going to buy it, is there a local place near you?

Here you would have to run into wal mart everytime u need to refuel, would be a huge PITA compared to getting propane belly tank filled.

How much is kero per gallon? Propane is cheaper here

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
You can always run diesel/fuel oil instead of kero though which is what I do. Easier to get than propane (for some that isn't a huge ripoff) and 8 gallons usually lasts me 1-2 weeks depending on outside temp.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
this was discussed last year
also in 2015
from guys whose propane tank exploded in their van......

Last edited:

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have had 3-4 overburns or runaways.....
on my 3 deisel heaters from norhtern tools the last 16 years.
Not fun but always contained within the heater and burned off without exploding.
Steamway and El Diablo have specially designed heaters with safety features made for carpet cleaning to prevent this.
I know guys who have had Steamway for 20 years and never had any of these over burns.

Obviously HX are safer but you have to get 2-3 HX to get enough heat.

Last edited:

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I ran a Cobb machine for about 5 years propane then bought a powermatic still using it today propane is a lot more dangerous than Kero no comparision

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Ok to sum it up I run steamway 2100 part time for the last 15 plus years and I work a fulltime job got in to the carpet cleaning business to supplement income of being a single parent of two boys who are now two college students. so now that I have a little bit more time on my hands with them being out of the house I want to see if I can make my carpet cleaning business grow a little.(not trying to take over the world) So machine wise cost, heat suction, reliability, maintenance and support. I've looked at the blue baron, El Diablo, Powermatic 2200, Sapphire Apex 570, American truck mounts, TCS Big chief II And Judson C4. Blue Baron($19,000)Hx 7 out of 10 people that I talked to said the unit was a good unit and the price was as well. Now 9 out of 10 said the owner was the problem three to four weeks to get a TM ends up being six months or longer. El Diablo($21,000) is way the heck out in south Africa away from me (I'm in North Carolina) so no local support, and I'm hearing things about the coupling. I do love that it is fuel oil burn. Powermatic 2200($30,000) also in Africa away from me. found 1 review about it and it was not good, I can't get them to take interest in selling me one I have reached out many times to Kevin. Sapphire apex570($28,000) Hx Now this is just my opinion looks complicated but not in Africa away from me. American made TM ( no set in stone price yet but under 20) don't know a lot about them talked with the owner very nice and helpful guy. but way out in Africa from me fuel oil burn a plus. TCS Big chief ($23,000) not in Africa away from me. in Atlanta so I could take the 3 hour drive if had to it is a propane burn which scares the crap out of me. And then Judson C4($21,000) Have not found one negative thing about them the company is a 45 minutes drive from me but propane burn, So with all that being said I would like to spend around 20k give or take a little because there are other things I would like to get like my van wrapped, a CRB, Some drying fans may be a zipper wand. just some things to improve my service. Thanks in advance for the support and help.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
If you've had a steamway for the past 15 years and liked it maybe look into a multi-steam from new england steamway up in Wallingford, CT. Diesel fired heat, pretty much all parts are generic and you just keep a second coupler at your shop in case you need it. Great guys, great customer support. They've had my back since I was just the errand boy running trucks down for supplies and installs. The Avalanche is a great machine if you take care of it properly.

1-800-322-5321 ask for Shane

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
If you've had a steamway for the past 15 years and liked it maybe look into a multi-steam from new england steamway up in Wallingford, CT. Diesel fired heat, pretty much all parts are generic and you just keep a second coupler at your shop in case you need it. Great guys, great customer support. They've had my back since I was just the errand boy running trucks down for supplies and installs. The Avalanche is a great machine if you take care of it properly.

1-800-322-5321 ask for Shane
Thank you sir will check it out now

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I ran a Cobb machine for about 5 years propane then bought a powermatic still using it today propane is a lot more dangerous than Kero no comparision
Explain please. Propane is only combustible as a vapor. Take a lighter to some kero and tell me what happens

Youll never find an RV or travel trailer running kerosene for a reason

Very similar to how we operate except our fire is much bigger.

Propane is more common so theres more accidents also 90% of carpet cleaners are low IQ. They have rat nest trucks with old boxes and garbage everywhere plus the tank sitting in the truck.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Explain please. Propane is only combustible as a vapor. Take a lighter to some kero and tell me what happens

Youll never find an RV or travel trailer running kerosene for a reason

Very similar to how we operate except our fire is much bigger.

Propane is more common so theres more accidents also 90% of carpet cleaners are low IQ. They have rat nest trucks with old boxes and garbage everywhere plus the tank sitting in the truck.
my I ask ACP what TM you run sir