jon don

jadon

Nov 28, 2008
eggharbor.New Jersey
Real Name
ronald smith
very unhappy with jon don/ purchase a titan 325 had to wait 8 weeks because of virus, we take the machine out on job and into our third room machine cuts off, 70 gallon waste tank full and our 85 gallon water tank empty, take to service and they tell us we not using 600 psi- i explain thermal valve might be open, and to much psi would make tank fill up even faster, does anyone know anywhere in jersey i can have this repaired, jon don seems to be clueless

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
this is the bypass selinoid. it is stuck open. you cant repair it, but you can replace it. On left side of water box top half

Attachments

• IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 106

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
on the bottom left is where you need to put the female plug to stop water flow. Its hidden by the strap but just take off the hose and screw in plug

Attachments

• IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: SRD

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
this is where the water is going into the waste tank. If you plug one end you need to plug this end. take off the hose and fitting and insert male plug

Attachments

• IMG_4398.jpg
    IMG_4398.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: John Rockwood

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
these are the two parts you need. I got them at Parker distributor.

this will hold you over until you get a new selinoid

I know, your thinking what happens if my water box overheats? It has no place to go. Well I took a thermometer and watched the temps. It never got close to the temp the selinoid opens. not the best solution but you gotta use your machine until you get a new part.

Mine happened just after I got my machine too. Havent had a problem since.

Not sure why Jon Don didnt know. its pretty simple.

Attachments

• IMG_4397.jpg
    IMG_4397.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 100

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
"Gas TM is so much easier" they say...well...mrotto's 7+ responses make me want to start with an electric set up. I live in a 400 sq. ft. studio built in the 90's. It has 7 separate 20 amps circuits...

Got two slide-in Apex 570's. No issues that have ever stopped me from completing a day of work in 18 months.

The Mytex Vortex Lite portable I bought shut off first time I used it (live wires on the inside were loose), leaks a little bit from the fresh water inlet (had to put a towel under it).

SO moral of the story is, ANY machine can have issues.

But to be fair my TM with 1000 horus developed a minor coolant leak. No big deal to repair.

Reactions: pgcleaner

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Consider talking to someone who has had an electric rig
• • • like a Bane-Clean. Someone here probably has or has had the TM system you are looking at buying • it always helps to get an owner’s opinion. The rest of us usually learn something new too & it’s cool to read to boot !

Whats also cool is that this kind of stuff stays relevant forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgcleaner

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Got two slide-in Apex 570's. No issues that have ever stopped me from completing a day of work in 18 months.

The Mytex Vortex Lite portable I bought shut off first time I used it (live wires on the inside were loose), leaks a little bit from the fresh water inlet (had to put a towel under it).

SO moral of the story is, ANY machine can have issues.

But to be fair my TM with 1000 horus developed a minor coolant leak. No big deal to repair.
Was it the solenoid like Jadon‘s TM ?

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Consider talking to someone who has had an electric rig
• • • like a Bane-Clean. Someone here probably has or has had the TM system you are looking at buying • it always helps to get an owner’s opinion. The rest of us usually learn something new too & it’s cool to read to boot !

Whats also cool is that this kind of stuff stays relevant forever.
Thanks. I have been trying to talk to as many operators as possible.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
go for it. my responses were to give him the specific answer to his question visually.
I can tell by your answer that you are pulling from a deep knowledge base. I have no knowledge of the components of a gas TM. The components of electric machines are more familiar to me. Pumps, fans, tubing, wiring and the like are things I have fixed before. I am torn between a used TM and van and an electric set up.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
go for it. my responses were to give him the specific answer to his question visually.
I can tell by your answer that you are pulling from a deep knowledge base. I have no knowledge of the components of a gas TM. The components of electric machines are more familiar to me. Pumps, fans, tubing, wiring and the like are things I have fixed before. I am torn between a used TM and van and an electric set up

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've used a few different types of gas tm, both slide in and direct drive, and my number one issue that stalls me out is usually wiring failure. Loose or shorted or broken connector. Little things that can happen on any machine. I've had both tm's and portables catch on fire. Either way you go there's going to be similar problems that can occur.