Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning San Pedro New Van Wrap | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Johnny On The Spot Carpet Cleaning San Pedro New Van Wrap

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Ok guy, here's my newest designed wrap on my van. I'll be honest, the more I look at it the more I like it. :)
IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Looks great John and you will never have to deal with gm paint issues! More than once I thought about wrapping our chevys in all white wrap and no more paint chipping off.

I have a Chevy and a Ford Van. The Chevy paint is worthless. The Ford which is 13 years older is still all on the van. Not the same for the Chevy.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Nice, clean and easy to read. Logo aint too shabby either.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Looks great John and you will never have to deal with gm paint issues! More than once I thought about wrapping our chevys in all white wrap and no more paint chipping off.
Between the paint problems and fuel pump problems with Chevy, I use Ford vans (4 over the years), although I do have an Astro and love it (did have to replace the fuel pump once though $$$).

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Between the paint problems and fuel pump problems with Chevy, I use Ford vans (4 over the years), although I do have an Astro and love it (did have to replace the fuel pump once though $$$).
meh

Just lost a 2013 Ford e250 in December................108K original miles. Blown engine.

Ill stick with my Chevy's

Replaced it with a 2020 chevy express.

Reactions: ACP

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The 4L80E transmissions are good for 150k and then you are on borrowed time. We can rebuild one for under $750 with a shift kit inhouse. The 08 chevy I bought with 42k on the chassis, I'm going to buy a used transmission (new torque converter) and rebuild it and put it on the shelf way before it detonates. We can swap one on ramps in the driveway in about 4 hours after work. Other than the paint and transmissions you can weld the hood shut for 100k. Our rigs don't miss many work days, because lost sales is like lost sleep, you never get it back.

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
The 4L80E transmissions are good for 150k and then you are on borrowed time. We can rebuild one for under $750 with a shift kit inhouse. The 08 chevy I bought with 42k on the chassis, I'm going to buy a used transmission (new torque converter) and rebuild it and put it on the shelf way before it detonates. We can swap one on ramps in the driveway in about 4 hours after work. Other than the paint and transmissions you can weld the hood shut for 100k. Our rigs don't miss many work days, because lost sales is like lost sleep, you never get it back.
Great info, never thought about keeping one on the shelf for the inevitable. Where do you get your core? Junkyard?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Great info, never thought about keeping one on the shelf for the inevitable. Where do you get your core? Junkyard?
Yes, here we have boneyards called pull-a-part with online inventory. Make, model, miles, etc... to make the parts choice easy. I upgrade things from there, pop out windows, handles, vinyl seat internal parts, bumpers. New bottom seat covers I buy new on Amazon, 45 minutes to replace start to finish.

Certain things like purge solenoids or vapor canisters are always new OEM. Other pedestrian parts are used first choice on a work van. It's amazing for how little you can renew a rig at the right place.

Reactions: Chris Henry

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Looks awesome!

You gonna do your bizz cards and uniform next????

Give yourself that complete branded package look.

Thanks! I've already done the uniform shirts with my logo, and business cards too.

Reactions: Spazznout

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

I wish I was as mechanically inclined and knowledgeable as you Jim.