JGB Eaglewash solution hose, any good?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Anyone uses JGB solution hose? Is it any good?

Madenman

Oct 12, 2016
Real Name
Robert Cotton
Have 900 feet of it on 3 trucks. I like it no bursts or anything wipes off easy. No issuse

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
It is steel wire braid which means it is going to transfer more heat to the outside of the jacket.

Steel wire braid is not very cooperative (tangles easily), it's heavier than fabric braid, will burn grass, and does not hold the heat as well as fabric braid.

I mainly use fabric braid.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
It is steel wire braid which means it is going to transfer more heat to the outside of the jacket.

Steel wire braid is not very cooperative (tangles easily), it's heavier than fabric braid, will burn grass, and does not hold the heat as well as fabric braid.

I mainly use fabric braid.
What hoses do you use @Bob Savage?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I use Parker Paraflex and now I am using a thermoplastic 3000 PSI 250º fabric braided hose from Cobb Carpet Supply.

No steel braided anymore.
How does the hose from Cobb compare to Parker’s Paraflex? I am not familiar with either but I know Parker stuff is usually good.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Steel-braided hose is indeed heavier than nylon-braided, but each type of hose has its ups and downs to be considered.

Most of the guys in this area run steel-braided hoses due to cost - Parflex and other quality brands of nylon-braid can cost 2-3 times as much as steel-braid.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I really like the hose from Cobb because it doesn't get as hot on the outside at all, is way more flexible, and does not tangle like steel braided hose. Burning grass is not good, and the steel braided hose does just that. It also can burn your hands when trying to put it on the reel. If it costs a little more it is worth it to me to eliminate and hassle involved in my day of cleaning. Keep in mind I have a 220,000 BTU LP heater.

I haven't had the fabric braided solution hose from Cobb long enough to form a solid opinion, but I just ordered another 150' feet of it for my other truckmount!

Reactions: Rico1

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I am assuming that using hoses that conduct less heat like these fabric braided hoses means we get hotter water at the wand, right?
We wouldn’t lose as much heat as if using steel braided hoses is what I mean.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I am assuming that using hoses that conduct less heat like these fabric braided hoses means we get hotter water at the wand, right?
We wouldn’t lose as much heat as if using steel braided hoses is what I mean.
Yes, the fabric braid would retain heat better than steel braided hose, just how much better I don't know.