Jaguar Cub at 100'

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Cat. pump. Looks in great shape, literally had it for a few weeks before the jag and never looked back.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Cat. pump. Looks in great shape, literally had it for a few weeks before the jag and never looked back.
what i would suggest is leave it for small jobs or the jobs that you can't carry the jag like in the winter with icy stairs the jag is heavier to pull on those icy steps or those condominium style homes has no elevator with 2-3 flight of stairs just to clean 1 room, smaller machine will be a better choice.
4-5 years ago i owned the cub and used it for a year then i took the parts and trashed it thinking that i won't need it any more, but today i am really sorry why i didn't keep it. we all make stupid mistakes. i wouldn't make that stupid mistake again.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Honestly the jags 10x easier to carry to a job and it’s not super easy at that. I’ve gotta add a front handle to my jag and quit talking about it lol

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Fedri;

You mentioned and suggested that the Operator of the Jaguar CUB should take it closer to the cleaning location. However, his real intention was to see how powerful it was and therefore , if it did have this kind of power. He did this because he also knew that the CUB had a powerful piston pump as well.

Obviously, his test was accomplished successfully and he felt even more confident in its cleaning ability.

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Fedri;

You mentioned and suggested that the Operator of the Jaguar CUB should take it closer to the cleaning location. However, his real intention was to see how powerful it was and therefore , if it did have this kind of power. He did this because he also knew that the CUB had a powerful piston pump as well.

Obviously, his test was accomplished successfully and he felt even more confident in its cleaning ability.
My cub has treated me very well Ed it definitely cleans like a champ!!!!
It's a true Goldilocks machine not too big not too little not not underpowered just wright!!!

Steam

Feb 10, 2015
Real Name
Robert
Yup I was testing it. I saw a video by magic wand company testing the suction on the 8.4 jag and it didn't lose much or even any suction after 200'

I obviously don't have a meter to test like that but, even after 100' with the Cub I feel like I didn't lose much either. I know you can argue with physics but, I've been cleaning long enough to know my limits. I work smarter not harder. Leave the Cub at the truck if you don't need to carry it closer.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’ve never owned the cub, but I do like my 8.4
Many of my clients want me to secure the door behind me, so I really like the Jag. My biggest complaint is petty, wish it had a front handle. I need to add one badly.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Many of my clients want me to secure the door behind me, so I really like the Jag. My biggest complaint is petty, wish it had a front handle. I need to add one badly.
You should try pushing it across a lawn , I'd say it rolls pretty good ...
Seriously though ,do a Google image search , there are some in the UK with a front handle .
No luxuries for you guys perhaps , they might send u one as a goodwill gesture .

Reactions: Ymetimme

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
here is the competitor with a lot cheaper price. next month i will buy one of them but there is a price increase on the cub, it is almost $2000 from magic wand, this one is about $1300. i need a machine like this one where my son works in the second floor and i am cleaning upholstery or lower level carpet to finish things faster.

the clean storm can be customized to higher pump or auto fill/dump
I thought I recently noticed the price went up. Im looking for something too! Not sure yet.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Agreed I feel it needs a complete redesign

It's starting to become quite tired

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Agreed I feel it needs a complete redesign

It's starting to become quite tired

heres a post from 2012 where i suggested putting on a front handle ...
go back years before that there is probably posts by others suggesting changes ...

Like you said ... a complete redesign would be needed ... trying to inprove whats there is an exercise in Tuurd polishing .

But really the guy haas no interest in portable design or what the end user favors ....
hes found he a make that body quite cheaply ... its also simple to build ... and u can still sell a few thanks to internet hype .
If he didnt make changes 15-20 years ago ...there is zero change of anything new in this late stage of his career .

Reactions: Ymetimme

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I thought I recently noticed the price went up. Im looking for something too! Not sure yet.
I asked magic wand a discount and did not hear back so I went with another option. I bought the mytee lite. Works great, I use it for small 1-2 room condos or I cleaning with it upholstery while my son is cleaning the carpets. Its a 4 gallon machine with 120psi but I changed the pump from 120 to 220. I am happy, very solid and well built with heat.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

heres a post from 2012 where i suggested putting on a front handle ...
go back years before that there is probably posts by others suggesting changes ...

Like you said ... a complete redesign would be needed ... trying to inprove whats there is an exercise in Tuurd polishing .

But really the guy haas no interest in portable design or what the end user favors ....
hes found he a make that body quite cheaply ... its also simple to build ... and u can still sell a few thanks to internet hype .
If he didnt make changes 15-20 years ago ...there is zero change of anything new in this late stage of his career .
It's really sad if anybody makes suggestions people get all worked up!!!
Companies don't always change because there's flaws sometimes it is for improvements and advancements that they found to research
When a company remain stagnant in their phone out philosophy they shall eventually cause their own demise when the cult decides to leave

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I very much dislike the way JRH goes about discussing things.
But he’s made some points that if done reasonably people would listen....
There are a few things I’ve learned about my Jag I’ve come to dislike.
The machine is made using high quality vac motors and pump. After putting some mileage on the machine I’ve concluded a few things..

PROS: Cleans Carpet Like a Big Dog, simply it cleans carpet 150’ and more.

I’d strongly recommend it due to price point only with the following changes.

BAD: Wheels are terrible for real world transport. They are fine if the machine is hardly being moved.
APO, I upgraded it to 3 gal, filter now needs a redesign because while the APO now actually works I need to filter incoming debris or the extra suction will clog the filter. 1 gal original never worked, it spit but never flowed correctly.
Vacuum Hose Mounts, they are glued on, one broke off leaving my machine 1/2 working at a Doctors Office. They make plates, using glue makes no sense.
Tanks, I liked See Thru at first. However really isn’t professional working in a million dollar home and seeing garbage clinging to the sides of the machine
Handle, machine simply needs a front handle. The little ledge on front is not adequate to grab a heavy machine
Stacks, no matter if you use de foamer the stacks tend to find water to get into the motors.
Auto Fill, needs to go up higher. I want to fill it and shut off the water source sometimes having the machine full
Fresh Water Discharge, it’s a must.

The Jaguar 8.4 is a carpet machine that cleans very well. It has the ability to be the absolute top of the line ETM. I strongly feel ETMs have major advantages over Gas TMs. But the above list wouldn’t require a lot of redesign just upgrades.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
So this doesn’t get lost in the shuffle I’m going to start a new thread

Reactions: Fedri and JRH