Jaguar 8.4 VS Bissell crosswave VS. Rug Doctor.......

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Going to be doing some prototype testing today.....the “Rookie”View attachment 85012
And by the Way While I do want to thank John L of Mytee, these units were purchased by myself. They were not at all in anyway given to me, or with any promise of review. Recently I had issues with my Jag, I still have it. But I purchased these units on my own. Just Incase anyone thought John in anyway had anything to do with my dissatisfaction of my Jag would be wrong.
He did ask before posting reviews, truly test the equipment for several weeks or longer before writing a review. But John also which I respect said good or bad be honest.
Those vac motors should get stronger as they break in AZ. Mine was a huge difference after about 4-6 hours of run time...

Reactions: Ymetimme

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
View attachment 84986
Im a Mytee Man lol, So nice to have a real upholstery tool!
PS, wasn’t delivered by freight hahaha
uhh, have u read any feedback on that tool before buying? Ill say it... awful product, comparable to a homelite chainsaw vs a sapphire that is like a Stihl chainsaw.

dont even get me started on that upholstery tool LOL

• Haha
Reactions: CCWorks

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
uhh, have u read any feedback on that tool before buying? Ill say it... awful product, comparable to a homelite chainsaw vs a sapphire that is like a Stihl chainsaw.

dont even get me started on that upholstery tool LOL
You must have got one of the first ones that was ripping up upholstery.........

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You must have got one of the first ones that was ripping up upholstery.........
It has many more problems than just the razor sharp edge it came with.

Very very cheaply made chinese bootleg sapphire, not a professional tool by any means.

Pretty much crumbled in my hands after less than 6 months. Only cleans 1 direction, drenches upholstery in opposite direction. Valve fell apart, leaks air...

Get a sapphire, absolutely no comparison...

mytee portables are good as I believe its mostly just the rotomolded body made by mytee, wiring is questionable. Everything else I have ever owned is cheap plastic junk manufactured as cheap as possible.

The latest one was the shelves, I thought... "how could they fail?" so I bought another mytee product lol.

sure enough not even 2 months in I check in the truck and the center of all 4 shelves is concaved

was an absolute LOL moment as I already knew better.

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

Very very cheaply made chinese bootleg sapphire, not a professional tool by any means.

Pretty much crumbled in my hands after less than 6 months. Only cleans 1 direction, drenches upholstery in opposite direction. Valve fell apart, leaks air...

mytee portables are good as I believe its mostly just the rotomolded body made by mytee, wiring is questionable. Everything else I have ever owned is cheap plastic junk manufactured as cheap as possible.

The latest one was the shelves, I thought... "how could they fail?" so I bought another mytee product lol.

sure enough not even 2 months in I check in the truck and the center of all 4 shelves is concaved

Hate to say it, but while I have read stuff I got a awesome deal on one. John L is easier then my mom to get a hold of, and far more likely to help too! I’m honestly not the least bit concerned buying a Mytee product when the owner is so willing to help customers. My tool went through refurbishing and I’m thrilled. I don’t speak for Mytee, but my research and conversations make me confident Mytee knows not every product they have is better then a comparable product. But it’s often more affordable and they back their stuff because they actually care.
I’ve recently learned myself supporting a company that listens and responds to its customers often is more valuable.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Hate to say it, but while I have read stuff I got a awesome deal on one. John L is easier then my mom to get a hold of, and far more likely to help too! I’m honestly not the least bit concerned buying a Mytee product when the owner is so willing to help customers. My tool went through refurbishing and I’m thrilled.
its a $50 tool at best, just being honest with you... and its a pain in the ass to clean upholstery with once you have used a sapphire.

prob 20 people who arent on tmf anymore had one and all had the same experience, theres a good long thread about it here somewhere.

Reactions: CCWorks

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Those vac motors should get stronger as they break in AZ. Mine was a huge difference after about 4-6 hours of run time...
Man the machines I got are a little different then the standard ones. But let me tell you. Yesterday I used my Jag, today my Air/water hog, the lock down on the carpet was crazy compared.
Not a drip, drop, or any flood ahhhhhhhhh I was so happy.
I’m not going to do too much reviewing as I promised John L I’m going to really run these through the paces before getting into much. But here’s why I respect John. John tells me if you like or dislike just be honest. But basically didn’t want me to jump to conclusions before really using them. I respect that.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
its a $50 tool at best, just being honest with you... and its a pain in the ass to clean upholstery with once you have used a sapphire.

prob 20 people who arent on tmf anymore had one and all had the same experience, theres a good long thread about it here somewhere.
Man when Timmie, I and a few others had issues with our Jags we were nearly burned at the stake for saying so on TMF.
Like I said, I’m happy, I got it at a great price. I’m confident if I have a issue Mytee will take care of it. If I hate it, now I know which you feel is best. I’ve been enjoying testing new equipment.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Man when Timmie, I and a few others had issues with our Jags we were nearly burned at the stake for saying so on TMF.
Like I said, I’m happy, I got it at a great price. I’m confident if I have a issue Mytee will take care of it. If I hate it, now I know which you feel is best. I’ve been enjoying testing new equipment.
You're both wrong I prefer all stainless tools lol
Real men have big enough muscles to wield metal tools lol

When it comes to upholstery tools we like what we like.
I've used the rotovac sheardry and I think it's pretty darn good

I've never owned but I have used the mighty as well I thought it was a good tool. That left upholstery nice and dry

The sapphire I've never used but I've picked up at Jon-Don. And so that makes me a resident expert. Lol looks like a good quality peace.

I have used in the past to klean right tool
Dry cleaning kit it's kind of gimmicky

Also use the internal jet PMF possibly the most versatile of the above-listed

My favorite tool by far is the one in the below picture and I think I'm the only one that likes it lol it doesn't excellent job cleaning it can be used on stairs you can change the jet to a larger jet it's super easy to clean out. But does that make it the best out there. No!!!!
Screenshot_20190504-182512_Chrome~2.jpg

Reactions: JRH

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I bought a stainless internal jet and used it today. Worked great! But man I need a 1.5” whip. 2” at the Tool wasn’t all that fun.

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea maybe I’ll buy the hose assy

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
A little more? They want a fortune! I’ll use my Mytee, and find some used 1.5”
At least my Mytee came with hose.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera

If you still have your Mytee Dry send it to me and I’ll rebuild it for you at no charge beyond the freight cost and it will be better than new.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If you still have your Mytee Dry send it to me and I’ll rebuild it for you at no charge beyond the freight cost and it will be better than new.
The one Mytee send me looks great, I’m thrilled. Thanks!