Jaguar 8.4 VS Bissell crosswave VS. Rug Doctor.......

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
For me the TM is a lot faster setting up and tearing down then my electric set up.
I keep saying that I am going to do a video on streamlining optimal portable setup and teardown, but never seem to do it. It can be just as fast or faster depending on the string vs a TM if you set up inside. It takes confidence in your system being 100% leak free, but that isn't to much to do for a real pro.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
For me the TM is a lot faster setting up and tearing down then my electric set up.
I do think a gas TM is faster to set up.we are talkin minutes not hours like some people like to exaggerate

Especially depending on the TM
for example of Butler with all live hose reels is very fast..

So many guys though do ETM wrong!!!

The real key is to have everything laid out clearly and easy hose reels set up like a typical gas truck mount.
Extension cords at the ready nicely laid out.
Water hookup ready and raring to go.
you have to have things clearly laid out to make ETM work I've managed to figure it out.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I keep saying that I am going to do a video on streamlining optimal portable setup and teardown, but never seem to do it. It can be just as fast or faster depending on the string vs a TM if you set up inside. It takes confidence in your system being 100% leak free, but that isn't to much to do for a real pro.
I would enjoy seeing the video.
I've got my system down pat. Maybe 4/8 minutes to set up. Depending on how I'm feeling that day lol

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
endless argument... but why does every successful company run gas TMs?

why does rob, or 4 other multi million $ companies in my area, or many other members of this forum that have left... just to boost their machoness right? lol u guys are hilarious

name off some porty guys doing big numbers, you cant because it doesnt exist.. maybe there is in downtown NY, doubt it though as most high end buildings have in house.

(heres the que for the "define success" guy to chime in LOL)

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

why does rob, or 4 other multi million $ companies in my area, or many other members of this forum that have left... just to boost their machoness right? lol u guys are hilarious

name off some porty guys doing big numbers, you cant because it doesnt exist.. maybe there is in downtown NY, doubt it though as most high end buildings have in house.

Dude... We get it. You swamp everyone in sales and quality hands down no questions asked. Here's what we don't give half a rat fück about.. how you do it with only a TM. We do it differently, but the same. Patent your system and sell the motherfücker Holmes!

I sell odor removal daily for equal my cleaning sales for 1/8 the time involved.... So fückin what!? Should I rub that in your face every chance I get, no I don't.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

We're all going to ride horses forever lol

There's one staggering fact that people have left out EMTs are a modern creation.

bane clean is one exception and there is million-dollar operations with bane clene truck mounts.

I had multiple (2) gas trucks and sold them to pursue my dream I got my patent it didn't pan out maybe one day it'll be more viable but for now it's not. At least I learned from it.

I don't see why multiple EMTs won't work for my business. If it fails I'll openly let everyone know after all how else do we learn from each other.

We're all allowed to have our view on what the proper business model.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Dude... We get it. You swamp everyone in sales and quality hands down no questions asked. Here's what we don't give half a rat fück about.. how you do it with only a TM. We do it differently, but the same. Patent your system and sell the motherfücker Holmes!

I sell odor removal daily for equal my cleaning sales for 1/8 the time involved.... So fückin what!? Should I rub that in your face every chance I get, no I don't.
calm down Jim lol

and I definitely dont swamp everyone in sales not even close... Im a tiny company in my area.

all I am getting at is there is a very good reason why there arent lots of multi truck companies running electric.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
calm down Jim lol

and I definitely dont swamp everyone in sales not even close... Im a tiny company in my area.

all I am getting at is there is a very good reason why there arent lots of multi truck companies running electric.
You bang on electric every chance you get... We know. Your business model is different.

After many years I have shifted from what I thought I wanted as a business (multi truck and crazy numbers in sales), to what I have now. I feel lucky to have changed my world from a 24/7 always on business owner with alopecia, to a relaxed environment business that runs itself, if I just go to work on my time. I have no interest in multi million dollar sales per year, endless employee büllshit and covering their load until God knows when after 5, etc... I sure as hell don't want to be multi truck employee business again ever. Why do you think everyone else does?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

Here at TMF, Parallel set up with two vacuums was all the rage for 10 years.
Now members are talking series set up with two vacuum motors.
Some still use Parallel set up with the higher lift vac motors.

Also the new 8.4 and other vac motors seem have more air flow in series.
These new motors came out about 2, or 3 years ago and some of them are in some of the portables on the market today.

The new vac motors are all hear say to me, as I do not test vac motors any more.

A Parallel set up with two vacuums did not work that good, I think series is best, but with low cfm, you need to use a short hose, under 50, to 75 feet max with 2" hose.

A TM using gas is best in many ways if you have the money and all your jobs are 200 / 300 feet from the truck and doing 3 jobs a day.

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
We all have different goals. My business plan is not to need speed and do a ton of work a day. Nobody can say it’s because I’m a “Rookie” I turn down a lot of small potatoe work. My days goal by myself is 1-2 job $800 to $1000+. Some days I do three jobs, some one. Same goal $800-$1000+ If it took me 20 mins longer to set up so be it. I yap endlessly to all my clients. I want the other companies to snatch up low end jobs and bust butt driving all over town for pennies.
My first job of the day starts at 10-11am arrival. Second I’d not guaranteed arrival time I call when first jobs done. It’s a rare day I don’t make at least $600 on the two jobs. I have many days far exceeding $1000. Friday one job was $1200+ 6 hrs.
For me rushing, speed, sounds like too much stress and aggravation. I’m 45, my goal for the past 10 yrs is work smarter not harder, and the most amt of money the least amt of hassle.
It would be nice if I could pick up the small work, that I turn away but that would require hiring someone. And yick I just hate the thought but have been thinking about a helper or second truck already.

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I should say, also diversify. If my valanced is open and no high paying carpet jobs got scheduled I’ll schedule a $1000 air duct job or something well before a bunch of low paying stuff. The only time I settle for small $ is when my calendar changes and for whatever reason I didn’t have much going on. Then I’ll settle and so whatever comes my way. I should take the day off but haven’t really taken that option much lately. I’ve been saving for classes out of state and bought a bunch of new equipment.
Today I ordered another Dang Wand. Wanted to test out his version of the Bentley Swivel.

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
From my limited experience, so far I prefer my truckmount. But I'm not close minded. I dont mind trying new stuff. That's why I asked about a comparison that would help people see the advantages and disadvantages of both. It will always come down to opinions and different markets.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
With in 10min I am spraying with my etm as my son is still vacuuming the other rooms, it's a skill. Yes I take my time when I am cleaning because I am a detailed technician, I touch up on every stain that I see with a stain removal that my pre spray couldn't remove, I tell my customers I do remove up to 99% of the stains, this comes by carrying a stain remover in a puoch, I do wet passes slower and I never miss my dry passes, I would do the same way with a TM as well.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
With in 10min I am spraying with my etm as my son is still vacuuming the other rooms, it's a skill. Yes I take my time when I am cleaning because I am a detailed technician, I touch up on every stain that I see with a stain removal that my pre spray couldn't remove, I tell my customers I do remove up to 99% of the stains, this comes by carrying a stain remover in a puoch, I do wet passes slower and I never miss my dry passes, I would do the same way with a TM as well.
You know you really show good cleaning technique I like watching your videos

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
this is one thing these guys dont understand... these electric vacuum motors that are pushed to the limit and exposed to moisture really dont last that long.

weigh the costs vs a PD blower. a well cared for blower will run for many many years, Les has shown videos of his customers still on original roots 45 after 20+ years.

Of course fuel cost can be an argument, but most of these guys have never ran a real TM except a few... and there is a learning curve to operating them at max efficiency. When we ran ETM we were about 45min slower per average job total.

these electric vac motors start off a little weak, then break in and get stronger than over time get weaker

PD blower keeps spinning and spinning bringing in ca$h
45 minutes ? Do you feel this was mainly due to set up time ?
Believe you had one of Odins earlier Technos and from what I understand the later models were stronger due to tank design and stronger -and longer lasting motors.. Those with the later models had no problem up to 150'.
Did you have hose reels , holding tanks , generator and a helper back then ?
I'll admit everyone I knew that had a Techno DID end up with a gas TM including Teri. Not only the Techno but many other so called "ETMs".
I dont believe Jim D or Bob Savage plus many others will ever give up their TM in favor of a ETM. Having both is the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
See that’s my point. If your a good operator with good technique your a success. There’s guys that could use a toothbrush and microfiber and get the job done.

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Electric simply is way more versatile. Rotary dial phones, VCRs, Pay Phones, and one day Gas TMs will be added to the list.
Gas TMs don’t make anyone successful, the operator does. Same for Electric.

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Electric simply is way more versatile. Rotary dial phones, VCRs, Pay Phones, and one day Gas TMs will be added to the list.
Gas TMs don’t make anyone successful, the operator does. Same for Electric.
The horseless carriage is just a scam and a gimmick

Will be riding horses forever.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The horseless carriage is just a scam and a gimmick

Will be riding horses forever.
Yea I learned long ago if you complain about change you will just get left behind. Most stuff boils down to pride and ego when we are arrogant enough to think only one way will always dominate. Sure it maybe slow but change happens. Look at LED lighting, where have all the incandescent bulbs gone, they dominated the industry. All successful lights were incandescent. Times a changing!

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Keep thinking about this. Was only 120 yrs or so electricity was a scam as well. Then only the rich could afford it. Oil lamps and fireplaces worked. Manual everything was used. Every successful company then used the old technology. There were naysayers, electricity was dangerous. Caused fires, and death. All was true until technology caught up to making it safer.
Like @Ymetimme people argued about horseless carriages. Horses worked fine every successful company had them. We’re not going back too far even. In many of our own lives we have seen massive changes.
The Hindenburg caused massive interruptions in hydrogen technology.
Cell phones? Why, there are corded phones everyone uses them.
Now it’s driverless cars. It will never happen, it’s too dangerous. If this old world keep going on, we will have them all over the road and people will be looking at this generation foolishly,
Personally I love change.

Reactions: Ymetimme