Jaguar 8.4 VS Bissell crosswave VS. Rug Doctor.......

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Going to be doing some prototype testing today.....the “Rookie”View attachment 85012
And by the Way While I do want to thank John L of Mytee, these units were purchased by myself. They were not at all in anyway given to me, or with any promise of review. Recently I had issues with my Jag, I still have it. But I purchased these units on my own. Just Incase anyone thought John in anyway had anything to do with my dissatisfaction of my Jag would be wrong.
He did ask before posting reviews, truly test the equipment for several weeks or longer before writing a review. But John also which I respect said good or bad be honest.
Hey how did you get chemical injection on your water hog? Did you have to pay extra or has Mytee stepped up and now have chemical injection as standard and ship all water hogs with chemical injection?

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It has many more problems than just the razor sharp edge it came with.

Very very cheaply made chinese bootleg sapphire, not a professional tool by any means.

Pretty much crumbled in my hands after less than 6 months. Only cleans 1 direction, drenches upholstery in opposite direction. Valve fell apart, leaks air...

Get a sapphire, absolutely no comparison...

mytee portables are good as I believe its mostly just the rotomolded body made by mytee, wiring is questionable. Everything else I have ever owned is cheap plastic junk manufactured as cheap as possible.

The latest one was the shelves, I thought... "how could they fail?" so I bought another mytee product lol.

sure enough not even 2 months in I check in the truck and the center of all 4 shelves is concaved

was an absolute LOL moment as I already knew better.
I love the Mytee Dry. It gets used 95% of the time now on everything from auto interiors, drapes, upholstery, carpet and rugs. The only time I use the old tool now is when something needs to be flooded.

It is plastic just like some other tools so you can't go throwing it around, step on it or play crash bang with it. Know what it is and treat it with respect, you won't have any issues with it.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Hey how did you get chemical injection on your water hog? Did you have to pay extra or has Mytee stepped up and now have chemical injection as standard and ship all water hogs with chemical injection?
It’s a prototype. The first one with chemical injection.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Thank you man!!!

Two things, you really want to get the T Rex Jr., much more versatile then the Rotovac, and you need to try out the Bentley Swivel head wand . Your set up reminds me of what I use to run. I had a Mytee M5 portable, with a Little Giant Propane heater. Your setup has more power with the LX motors though.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Two things, you really want to get the T Rex Jr., much more versatile then the Rotovac, and you need to try out the Bentley Swivel head wand . Your set up reminds me of what I use to run. I had a Mytee M5 portable, with a Little Giant Propane heater. Your setup has more power with the LX motors though.
I definitely want to switch out to a T-Rex/ Junior
I also want a Bentley wand swivel head is a definite need my -PMS- (intentional jab at pmf) titanium's okay but it's not great

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
If you still have your Mytee Dry send it to me and I’ll rebuild it for you at no charge beyond the freight cost and it will be better than new.
John I have 2 Mytee Dry's hanging in my garage that have messed up valves and we haven't used them in a few years. How much would it be for me to send them and have them repaired? We loved using them when they was new but over time the valves went out.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I love the Mytee Dry. It gets used 95% of the time now on everything from auto interiors, drapes, upholstery, carpet and rugs. The only time I use the old tool now is when something needs to be flooded.

It is plastic just like some other tools so you can't go throwing it around, step on it or play crash bang with it. Know what it is and treat it with respect, you won't have any issues with it.
You're both wrong I prefer all stainless tools lol
Real men have big enough muscles to wield metal tools lol

When it comes to upholstery tools we like what we like.
I've used the rotovac sheardry and I think it's pretty darn good

I've never owned but I have used the mighty as well I thought it was a good tool. That left upholstery nice and dry

The sapphire I've never used but I've picked up at Jon-Don. And so that makes me a resident expert. Lol looks like a good quality peace.

I have used in the past to klean right tool
Dry cleaning kit it's kind of gimmicky

Also use the internal jet PMF possibly the most versatile of the above-listed

My favorite tool by far is the one in the below picture and I think I'm the only one that likes it lol it doesn't excellent job cleaning it can be used on stairs you can change the jet to a larger jet it's super easy to clean out. But does that make it the best out there. No!!!!
View attachment 85029
Thats actually a CFR tool . Used one for years and had the interchangeable heads . Can be very cumbersome with the extended handle much like our $500 Dri Master3 .
On a side note we also had the Mytee Dry . Most comfortable tool of the bunch but after 3 returns for various reasons I bought the Dri master 3 .
Both the mytee Dry and the Dri Master 3 have the Best water Recovery MUCH better than the one in the pic. CFR tool finally went sour and couldn't locate any parts.
We also use an WP external clear view upholstery tool .
BOAT_CUSHIONS_015-194x134.jpg

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Thats actually a CFR tool . Used one for years and had the interchangeable heads . Can be very cumbersome with the extended handle much like our $500 Dri Master3 .
On a side note we also had the Mytee Dry . Most comfortable tool of the bunch but after 3 returns for various reasons I bought the Dri master 3 .
Both the mytee Dry and the Dri Master 3 have the Best water Recovery MUCH better than the one in the pic. CFR tool finally went sour and couldn't locate any parts.
We also use an WP external clear view upholstery tool .View attachment 85046
Yes it is a CFR tool but it's manufactured by PMF

I believe Jon-Don carries parts for them I've had two get some things over the last couple years

I also know powr flite carries them under their wonder wand series and has parts

Hopefully that helps you track down some parts

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Yes it is a CFR tool but it's manufactured by PMF

I believe Jon-Don carries parts for them I've had two get some things over the last couple years

I also know powr flite carries them under their wonder wand series and has parts

Hopefully that helps you track down some parts
Only thing I miss is the smallest head for fine fabric or vehicles.
Its no joke the water recovery is much better with the Mytee Dry and Dri master 3..
Jon Don did not have the parts and their shipping costs blow anyhow. CFR and Dry in a landfill .
I couldn't even salvage the hide a hose off the CFR . Hose threads/cuffs are not standard to this industry. I believe it is a tool widely used across the pond.
JL should send you a Dry to demo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ymetimme

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
It’s a prototype. The first one with chemical injection.
Well I guess I'm going to order a new Water and Air Hog tomorrow :).
Can I get the Air Hog with a bigger pump out from Magic Wand still?
I went on their website but didn't see it but seen it before. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks John

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I went on their website but didn't see it but seen it before. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks John
I don’t know anything about Magic Wand’s bigger pump out. I know the Mytee works well.

Reactions: Fedri

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
The water hog AZ got was a prototype with the chemical injection. . They are not in production yet. If that’s the unit you want you will need to pm me.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Only thing is miss is the smallest head for fine fabric or vehicles.
Its no joke the water recovery is much better with the Mytee Dry and Dri master 3..
Jon Don did not have the parts and their shipping costs blow anyhow. CFR and Dry in a landfill .
I couldn't even salvage the hide a hose off the CFR . Hose threads/cuffs are not standard to this industry. I believe it is a tool widely used across the pond.
JL should send you a Dry to demo.
The one time I use the mytee tool I did like
I would love to have one!!

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Pump out works stellar. I used 50ft of hose on it, no problems.

Reactions: J20770

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I definitely want to switch out to a T-Rex/ Junior
I also want a Bentley wand swivel head is a definite need my -PMS- (intentional jab at pmf) titanium's okay but it's not great
Once you get use to a swiveled wand, you'll never go back to a standard wand.

Latest posts