Jaguar 8.4 ETM - Mistake

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Start simple: Have you tested your cord going to the plug on the machine. Switch, and motor connections first? How many hours are on the machine?

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
i would guess heat inside van causing thermal fuse on 8.4 to cutoff ... solution , move machine to another postion in van , move hot thing away from machine ... look at machine cooling overall

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Heat rises but I’m terrible to envision anything in my mind. I’m a pic or hands on guy. Stack filters clean? If they are clogged and one motors trying to work super hard could shut down.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
the ideal would be to have a machine exhaust port so you could attach a length of two inch hose and have it vent to outside the van , your machine is just blasting heat downwards underneath ... and heating the van and machine , also machines should have active cooling , internal fans . the generator is probably not helping either

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
Heat rises but I’m terrible to envision anything in my mind. I’m a pic or hands on guy. Stack filters clean? If they are clogged and one motors trying to work super hard could shut down.
maybe the heat that my generator produces make the jaguar think its over heating and turns off because the heat for the generator bounces all over the cab and over heats up my cords maybe that's it trying to figure it out

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
maybe the heat that my generator produces make the jaguar think its over heating and turns off because the heat for the generator bounces all over the cab and over heats up my cords maybe that's it trying to figure it out
What gauge is your cord you need it to be 12 gauge minimum

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What gauge is your cord you need it to be 12 gauge minimum
:) I had a cord that was actually bad. Under Low load worked fine, high load heated up even though it was #12 sometimes these low priced cords were getting what we pay for. I also notice some makers are actually including the jacketing and calling it a gauge bigger then it really is.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
878786.jpg

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
:) I had a cord that was actually bad. Under Low load worked fine, high load heated up even though it was #12 sometimes these low priced cords were getting what we pay for. I also notice some makers are actually including the jacketing and calling it a gauge bigger then it really is.
the southwire cords to be some of the best quality and hold up good and they're very inexpensive and they're made in America so they have a fairly good high level of quality control
Screenshot_20181216-201357_Amazon%20Shopping~2.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Cut ends off and install your own. Being sure to get solid connection. I like soldering the strands together before tightening under screws. See if that helps.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet