Jaguar 8.4 ETM - Mistake | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Jaguar 8.4 ETM - Mistake

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I use a Jaguar 8.4 coming tile all the time a lot of guys have bad tile cleaning techniques they don't sweep floors first. They don't pre agitate the floor machine or CRB or pre scrub or grout brush. I am at there are limitations to an EMT you have to think of it more as I'm rinsing tool. I can do just as much work with it as I could with my tradition truck mount there is a learning curve though but I prefer itView attachment 77385
I don't sweep, rarely agitate, groutmaster, 10-15 min dwell. TM at 1200-1500 psi, 150 degrees. Awesome results. Done thousands of sq ft.
Brush ring on turbo tool and inline strainer filter.
Bing bang boom

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I totally agitate, dwell time, 175° and extract.... Bing, bang, boom, collect money. Same pie cut differently, same money. Never a wrong way to do it if you do it right. Zero grout master involved.
Lately I've been using magic wand trashed I'm just about everything, it works wonderful, first I sweep the floors my customers always appreciate that. I pre spray with the hydro Force at 12 to 1 (it's scalding hot) let it sit for about 5 minutes scrub with the crb. Rinse it with the Jaguar 8.4 and a Turbo Force set to about 600 /800PSI. I use my little giant heater as well it puts out insane Heat. I have absolutely no issues getting a thousand square foot plus an hour done and that's on really nasty tile. customers are always extremely happy. What it comes down to is the person cleaning tile.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I totally agitate, dwell time, 175° and extract.... Bing, bang, boom, collect money. Same pie cut differently, same money. Never a wrong way to do it if you do it right. Zero grout master involved.
What chem do you use Jim?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I've read a lot of good things about the jaguar 8.4 ETM, saw videos of it working and even talked to Ed about it. All seemed promising and was exactly what we needed. We've then went ahead and ordered the unit from Magic Wand. Once the package arrived, we've unpacked it and the unit looked very solid and promising. So we set it all up after reading the whole manual and setting it up step by step. We've then tested it on tile without any solution, with just plain water.

First -1 star was the pressure pump... I could hold my hand an inch away from the jets while the pump was working (max pressure) and it didn't hurt - yes the pump was working properly after it "broke in", and still was weak. The pressure pump was barely spinning the sx-15 tool that we use for tile. It would take an hour to clean a kitchen with that kind of pressure. We used a 1/4" 50' pressure hose.
A 15" spinner ? Get real this is a portable and you can't use the same jetting as you would with a TM.

Second -1 star was the vacuums. When they're both on, they're powerful but with just one of them on, it doesn't do any good.
I use a pair of those 8.4s in paralell and have no problem pushing and pulling a 12" spinner and I am fooking 66 years old.

Third -1 star was the pump out. The little mesh filter that is supposed to keep the debris out of the pump gets clogged so fast in the work field that it becomes useless. It worked fine for the first 15 minutes and then it was barely dripping with 1 vacuum on, once the vacuum was turned off, it was pumping maybe 1/2 gal/min - which is unrealistically slow.
Most pumpouts on portables need to Be primed. Don't turn the APO on until the filter is fully covered and turn the vacs off until water is exiting out the hose. With ONE vacuum there was no way in hell you would overload that pump or any pump.

Fourth -1 star was the design it self. It is NOT designed for any commercial tile/grout cleaning (that's all we do). The vacuum exhausts are blowing right into the floor which dries up the solution - dry solution doesn't do any good. The flimsy garden hose connector that came with the jaguar that connects the garden hose to the jaguar was leaking so bad that it was spraying water like 10ft out. The fresh water tank fills up about 2 inches of water before it shuts off the fresh water supply - which causes even more leaking at the connector. The fresh water tank is the same size as the dirty water tank and it only fills up 2 inches which leaves a lot of space that could of been used for the dirty water or something else. Also, the fresh water tank was leaking bellow where all the electrical motors and wires are...
These and most extractors are bulit for carpet and I'm guessing the exhaust is pointed down to quiet the machine . easily fixed with a elbow if it upsets you . All these so called leaks did you tighten all these up or lose the rubber rings for YOUR garden hoses ?

Fifth and FINAL -1 star that puts a cherry on top is customer support. I've called Ed (manufacturer of Jaguar ETM) personally and talked to him about this machine and I've explained to him that we only do tile and grout cleaning (1,000-2,000 SqFt a day). He assured me that I wouldn't have any problems and we'll be working nonstop when cleaning 1000+ SqFt of tile. Well, we only worked nonstop for about 50 SqFt before the "13" gal (10 gal wet) tank gets filled up and the pump out gets clogged and the vacuum starts spitting out foam. Also, Magic Wand charged us 20% restocking fee + shipping for a piece of junk that they sold us that wasn't as described and for some reason it's our fault because we "didn't call them and talked to them about it before purchasing" (yes, that's what the lady on the phone told me at Magic Wand).
Why the hell buy from MW whan you can buy direct from the manufactuer ?

We've lost over $1,200 for something that we used once and it was a nightmare. Plus we got an unhappy customer that we had to come back to and re-do the job.

It's NOT for tile and grout cleaning.

My rating of the Jaguar 8.4 ETM is 0/5 stars.

Also, the lady at Magic Wand recommended to us to use their grout cleaner because it doesn't foam up - we use Grout Master.
At least with all your whinnig you got a plug in for GM LOL.

Disappointed.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Can you provide a link to the testing you did with the new lift gage?

8.4, 2 stage vs Mytee 6.6 1 stage

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Can you provide a link to the testing you did with the new lift gage?

8.4, 2 stage vs Mytee 6.6 1 stage
I don't have the LX motors and I'm too busy with work - marketing - and pleasure for testing ...also too fing cold outside.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Pistol Pete, I use 2790, procyon, pH fire booster, dry perioxide bleach booster and for small jobs sometimes just zep and a tile brush (I'm done sometimes with zep before I can get everything else out of the truck to scrub and extract).

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Pistol Pete, I use 2790, procyon, pH fire booster, dry perioxide bleach booster and for small jobs sometimes just zep and a tile brush (I'm done sometimes with zep before I can get everything else out of the truck to scrub and extract).
Wow, that's a chemistry lab! I get great results with GM and zep acid toilet bowl cleaner if I need an acid. Thanks for sharing, always looking for a better mouse trap.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I clearly remember speaking with one of the Grout Brothers and the conversation. What I stated to him when asked "will the JAGUAR run a Spinner?", was that
"this is a loaded question. Do some use it to run their spinners and clean hard floors? Yes, however, they will normally jet down. If the size of ones jet(s) are a 10; then it would probably not run a spinner. However, if it is a 1.5; then it probably would. But, we do not make Spinners and I don't know what model one uses. It is your money and you would have to make that decision."

Now for example, here is a testimonial we just received yesterday regarding hard floors:

Dream Steemers Carpet Cleaning <dreamsteemers@gmail.com>
May 17 (1 day ago)

I've been using Cross Americans product for over 7 months [Jaguar 8.4], and have had zero down-time. We run 175 feet of hose easily, with no noticeable difference, I can easily run 200 foot if needed. This machine will reach anywhere. We clean tile & grout, the pump will easily run a spinner @ 800 PSI. Normally I keep it around 300-350 for carpet, and lower it to around 100 for Upholstery and some area rugs.

Keep it on the van ETM, slide it to the porch, porch mount. Apartments no problem, very versatile machine, and light enough to slide it on and off the truck.

Just had a pleasant conversation with Mr. Valentine regarding auto-fill and auto-dump. Any questions you have, give them a call over there and you'll get educated.

My setup, Jaguar 8.4, 175 feet of vac/solution hose, Little giant 3ht Propane heater. No complaints, setting on fitting a generator in the van to save some time on jobs.
Super high quality product, and Mr. Valentine is a great man passionate about his business!
Thank you for this great product.

Best regards,
Elvis
Dream Steemers LLC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thus, it is always most unfortunate when anyone has a unsatisfied customer, as everyone here knows, however, their are millions of different personalities as well as Operators in this Industry. Enough said.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Justin Arndt

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
Weird you had a bad experience.... I do thousands of square ft of tile quarterly.... if the pump isn’t fast enough for you get a water otter or change jets.... also it does say in the manual not to run one motor.. and if you had to in order to make it through a job you should block off one stack I believe....

A leak auto fill is most likely your female connection... do not use the dual female adapter I simply just made my fill hose with 2 female ends... I put a little bit of clear silicone around the fitting just to make sure.... also I believe it fills several inches so that when youre done with your job you don’t have to empty 15 gallons of fresh water...

Filtration.... in-line filter is a must, ask any truckmount or portable user, especially with tile and grout... the filter on the pump out is not meant to be anything but a fine sediment and gunk filter for the pump... when using a inline filter my pump out never clogs to the point it doesn’t adequately pump out...

As with any machine there is end of day shut down maintenance and clean up, I clean out the dirty tank and remove the pump out filter and rinse thoroughly...

Is there little tweaks I’d make? Surree... is a more powerful pump nicer surrre... but would only be used on the tile and grout jobs as you describe... so just get a water otter.

You park your portable in the middle of your presprayed tile? all machines has exhaust...

I’ve been using my jag exclusively from the van for several hundred hours, it’s been a money making machine.... I also don’t pretend and use it as it’s a high powered truckmount with a 45blower, and use a wand with 12 flow....

Ed has been great customer service wise if I ever have an issue or a question he answers timely...

Maybe you are simply trying to use the machine outside it’s intended performance? Maybe you need a tile wand not a spinner? Maybe you thought it was going to be a truckmount with a 45 blower?

Reactions: dekeil

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I've read a lot of good things about the jaguar 8.4 ETM, saw videos of it working and even talked to Ed about it. All seemed promising and was exactly what we needed. We've then went ahead and ordered the unit from Magic Wand. Once the package arrived, we've unpacked it and the unit looked very solid and promising. So we set it all up after reading the whole manual and setting it up step by step. We've then tested it on tile without any solution, with just plain water.

First -1 star was the pressure pump... I could hold my hand an inch away from the jets while the pump was working (max pressure) and it didn't hurt - yes the pump was working properly after it "broke in", and still was weak. The pressure pump was barely spinning the sx-15 tool that we use for tile. It would take an hour to clean a kitchen with that kind of pressure. We used a 1/4" 50' pressure hose.

Second -1 star was the vacuums. When they're both on, they're powerful but with just one of them on, it doesn't do any good.

Third -1 star was the pump out. The little mesh filter that is supposed to keep the debris out of the pump gets clogged so fast in the work field that it becomes useless. It worked fine for the first 15 minutes and then it was barely dripping with 1 vacuum on, once the vacuum was turned off, it was pumping maybe 1/2 gal/min - which is unrealistically slow.

Fourth -1 star was the design it self. It is NOT designed for any commercial tile/grout cleaning (that's all we do). The vacuum exhausts are blowing right into the floor which dries up the solution - dry solution doesn't do any good. The flimsy garden hose connector that came with the jaguar that connects the garden hose to the jaguar was leaking so bad that it was spraying water like 10ft out. The fresh water tank fills up about 2 inches of water before it shuts off the fresh water supply - which causes even more leaking at the connector. The fresh water tank is the same size as the dirty water tank and it only fills up 2 inches which leaves a lot of space that could of been used for the dirty water or something else. Also, the fresh water tank was leaking bellow where all the electrical motors and wires are...

Fifth and FINAL -1 star that puts a cherry on top is customer support. I've called Ed (manufacturer of Jaguar ETM) personally and talked to him about this machine and I've explained to him that we only do tile and grout cleaning (1,000-2,000 SqFt a day). He assured me that I wouldn't have any problems and we'll be working nonstop when cleaning 1000+ SqFt of tile. Well, we only worked nonstop for about 50 SqFt before the "13" gal (10 gal wet) tank gets filled up and the pump out gets clogged and the vacuum starts spitting out foam. Also, Magic Wand charged us 20% restocking fee + shipping for a piece of junk that they sold us that wasn't as described and for some reason it's our fault because we "didn't call them and talked to them about it before purchasing" (yes, that's what the lady on the phone told me at Magic Wand).

We've lost over $1,200 for something that we used once and it was a nightmare. Plus we got an unhappy customer that we had to come back to and re-do the job.

It's NOT for tile and grout cleaning.

My rating of the Jaguar 8.4 ETM is 0/5 stars.

Also, the lady at Magic Wand recommended to us to use their grout cleaner because it doesn't foam up - we use Grout Master.

Disappointed.
bro

i know it is a little late in the game but you might have and maybe still could trade it in on a TM or another piece of equipment

i just bought a cat pump...wasnt quiet enough power so I called supplier and asked if I could trade it in......

he wasnt too happy but I said listen I am upgrading that is a bigger sale for you guys.....

maybe you could upgrade and trade in....
or put a larger pressure pump on there?????and keep the same unit

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Air Hog and water otter pump. 2 15amp outlets only.
Built-in inline vacuum filter with pig sock.
APO built in.
Works fantastic.

You need 2.2gpm to run a spinner.

Sorry, but always do the research before you pull the trigger.
i believe you have done your research

2.2 gpm sounds about right ...that is news to me

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
I clearly remember speaking with one of the Grout Brothers and the conversation. What I stated to him when asked "will the JAGUAR run a Spinner?", was that
"this is a loaded question. Do some use it to run their spinners and clean hard floors? Yes, however, they will normally jet down. If the size of ones jet(s) are a 10; then it would probably not run a spinner. However, if it is a 1.5; then it probably would. But, we do not make Spinners and I don't know what model one uses. It is your money and you would have to make that decision."

Now for example, here is a testimonial we just received yesterday regarding hard floors:

Dream Steemers Carpet Cleaning <dreamsteemers@gmail.com>
May 17 (1 day ago)

I've been using Cross Americans product for over 7 months [Jaguar 8.4], and have had zero down-time. We run 175 feet of hose easily, with no noticeable difference, I can easily run 200 foot if needed. This machine will reach anywhere. We clean tile & grout, the pump will easily run a spinner @ 800 PSI. Normally I keep it around 300-350 for carpet, and lower it to around 100 for Upholstery and some area rugs.

Keep it on the van ETM, slide it to the porch, porch mount. Apartments no problem, very versatile machine, and light enough to slide it on and off the truck.

Just had a pleasant conversation with Mr. Valentine regarding auto-fill and auto-dump. Any questions you have, give them a call over there and you'll get educated.

My setup, Jaguar 8.4, 175 feet of vac/solution hose, Little giant 3ht Propane heater. No complaints, setting on fitting a generator in the van to save some time on jobs.
Super high quality product, and Mr. Valentine is a great man passionate about his business!
Thank you for this great product.

Best regards,
Elvis
Dream Steemers LLC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thus, it is always most unfortunate when anyone has a unsatisfied customer, as everyone here knows, however, their are millions of different personalities as well as Operators in this Industry. Enough said.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
Hello Ed I'm going to clean some tile next week now my question is can I run the Jaguar 8.4 to the the full 800 psi that it built for. I will be using the 12" turbohybird with the jaguar.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hello Ed I'm going to clean some tile next week now my question is can I run the Jaguar 8.4 to the the full 800 psi that it built for. I will be using the 12" turbohybird with the jaguar.
Yes the turbo hybrid would work fine
I do recommend getting smaller jets for it though it seems to work better with the Jag
Also remember what the turbo hybrid. Have a break in time they start out super tight mine has probably 100 hours on it so it's spinning up really fast now

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
Yes the turbo hybrid would work fine
I do recommend getting smaller jets for it though it seems to work better with the Jag
Also remember what the turbo hybrid. Have a break in time they start out super tight mine has probably 100 hours on it so it's spinning up really fast now
Thank Ymetimme

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
I use a Jaguar 8.4 coming tile all the time a lot of guys have bad tile cleaning techniques they don't sweep floors first. They don't pre agitate the floor machine or CRB or pre scrub or grout brush. I am at there are limitations to an EMT you have to think of it more as I'm rinsing tool. I can do just as much work with it as I could with my tradition truck mount there is a learning curve though but I prefer itView attachment 77385
Hi Ymetimme I have a problem with my jaguar 8.4 one of the motors keeps turning off on me I have it hook up to a 9000 watt generator but it still turns off one. At first I thought it was because it I had the diesel fuel heater also hook up to the same generator, I went to a job and plunged the diesel heater to the costumer outlet see if that help it did not, one of the motor still keeps turn off. And it does not help that I'm barely learning how to clean carpets and tile newbie