Jag 8.4 water/foam

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
“Only” 1500 hrs? That’s a good chunk of time for the machines only maintenance.
Well let's see on a gas TM before every day you got to check the belts or coupler before you start clean out the tank filter check the oil and that's everyday every couple hundred hours change the oil greased up the bower.
And list goes on and on and on and on is absolutely insane the maintenance it takes to keep them's in Tip-Top shape

I'll take the maintenance on the jag any day
Unload it once a week and clean the tank out really thoroughly.
Check the filter stack screens.
and then every 1500 hours change some stupid brushes that take you 30 minutes to do.
Oh and both are going to have occasional breakdowns that require more than maintenance
One takes 10 minutes to tear down the other takes hours and a forklift

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea I was going to change the oil and belts tonight but I don’t have any! Lol

I laugh. I’ve heard how hard it is to clean out the jag 8.4. I actually realized just tonight I hadn’t cleaned it out in a week besides the basic open the waste valve. So tonight Took me about 10 mins max, using the rinse hose. And I still have never had to stick my hand in it, or use a shop vac. :)
Not being sarcastic but not everything you read on the Internet isnt true!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I should say I could see older models without the side port drain may have to get a little more aggressive cleaning out the waste tank well. But the side discharge makes it cake.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Ymetimme;

How many hours do you have on your JAGUAR 8.4 ETM now? Just curious.
You are correct about those motors however. They are terrific especially the way they are designed vented on inlet air, and less resistence on inlet vacuum, as you are aware of and mentioned on many occasions.

Best of luck!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Ymetimme;

How many hours do you have on your JAGUAR 8.4 ETM now? Just curious.
You are correct about those motors however. They are terrific especially the way they are designed vented on inlet air, and less resistence on inlet vacuum, as you are aware of and mentioned on many occasions.

Best of luck!
We have 225 hours on that beast hasn't stopped working since we got it

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yea I was going to change the oil and belts tonight but I don’t have any! Lol

I laugh. I’ve heard how hard it is to clean out the jag 8.4. I actually realized just tonight I hadn’t cleaned it out in a week besides the basic open the waste valve. So tonight Took me about 10 mins max, using the rinse hose. And I still have never had to stick my hand in it, or use a shop vac. :)
Not being sarcastic but not everything you read on the Internet isnt true!
As a gasTM owner I can tell you first hand truckmount waste tanks are possibly the grossest things on the planet they're bolted in place they stink to high heaven require a power washer to wash out anybody that says that it's easier to clean them out then a Jag is full of the stuff in those tanks .

it's bad when part of your truckmount cooldown procedure is adding deodorizer at the end of the daybecause just reach your head in to grab out the filters makes you want to throw up all over the place.
I mean yeah you can be clinically insane and clean it up after every job but you would be that crazy guy that doesn't get any work done. It's so bad that blue Baron has just come out with a filter box so you don't have to stick your head in the nasty waste tank how about they work on making a not nasty waste tank they'll be going to be cleaned out conveniently at the end of the day. 20 years ago when we first got the gas truck mount yeah we cleaned it out everytime we use it but slowly that disappeared as it will with anybody with any piece of equipment if it's inconvenient you just won't do it that's all there is to it.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
As a gasTM owner I can tell you first hand truckmount waste tanks are possibly the grossest things on the planet they're bolted in place they stink to high heaven require a power washer to wash out anybody that says that it's easier to clean them out then a Jag is full of the stuff in those tanks .

it's bad when part of your truckmount cooldown procedure is adding deodorizer at the end of the daybecause just reach your head in to grab out the filters makes you want to throw up all over the place.
I mean yeah you can be clinically insane and clean it up after every job but you would be that crazy guy that doesn't get any work done. It's so bad that blue Baron has just come out with a filter box so you don't have to stick your head in the nasty waste tank how about they work on making a not nasty waste tank they'll be going to be cleaned out conveniently at the end of the day. 20 years ago when we first got the gas truck mount yeah we cleaned it out everytime we use it but slowly that disappeared as it will with anybody with any piece of equipment if it's inconvenient you just won't do it that's all there is to it.
I can't imagine how gross it might be in those waist tanks without using external filter.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

If I get a TM I will use an external filtration and auto dump so it's should not be that bad.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
If I get a TM I will use an external filtration and auto dump so it's should not be that bad.
Yes that catches the hair and the big stuff we always ran one with ours but once you disturb the sand that gathers in the bottom of that tank oh my word also you get caked-on fine particles on the side of the tank think of the third ring of the most disgusting place you could be

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I just posted a pic, think it’s made by hydromaster. I’m sure many know which one it is. I’m a knucklehead and can’t remember exactly

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Maybe not the best of the best but got it for $80 on eBay never used.
Only negative to it seems it doesn’t always seal right at the threads.
I have one of these as well, just make sure you clear the threads from rocks or other debris so it fits and seals nicely and also they break easily so don't be harsh to it.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yup, glad I had it outside since it didn’t seal right and took me a few to realize what was going on!
yeah with those hydro Force filters you got to make sure that the threads are completely clear of any debris as well as the gasketing surface I found Vaseline to be a great trick to make those sink seal up just clean it off between every job

The filter pumpout box at Matt and I have come up with uses the same type of filter as that to pre-filter the solution before pumping it out we're still undergoing testing but it works brilliantly no matter how much water comes in it goes out if for some reason it loses power is a whole thing shuts down so that you don't end up with water in your extractor tank eliminating the need to even clean it up
We're hoping to manufacturing them in the spring

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Maybe not the best of the best but got it for $80 on eBay never used.
Only negative to it seems it doesn’t always seal right at the threads.
I gave up on that one. I had to tape it shut to use it. I threw out the plastic and kept the basket to fit into pvc. I just never got around to getting the pipe. Plumbing supply carries that size. Was hoping to find a piece left over on a job site.
Mine from day one when threading it together the gasket was still to far from sealing. Like it was a bad mould or something. And if you do use one indoors. Set it in a rubbermaid tub. This way should it leak a little it will be contained. If you need too. Just cut U shapes so it sits in there with hose connected.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I may try to use a little pipe thread tape on it, just for a little resistance. My fingers were freezing, the thing didn’t seal. It’s a nice product but mine too doesn’t exactly always seal right.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I may try to use a little pipe thread tape on it, just for a little resistance. My fingers were freezing, the thing didn’t seal. It’s a nice product but mine too doesn’t exactly always seal right.
It is a decent product but it needs refinement for sure. Soon you'll be seeing something a lot better