It's here | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

It's here

dekeil

Aug 15, 2012
Real Name
douglas keil

Walmart is literally dragging robotic technology into the dirt.
The discount giant is streamlining the process of cleaning store floors with the use of autonomous floor scrubbers powered by the BrainOS computer vision and artificial intelligence (AI) platform from BrainCorp. The rollout of self-piloting floor scrubbers in 360 stores is part of a larger Walmart effort to achieve operational efficiency while satisfying shoppers.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Interesting and sad at same time.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes and their eliminating more jobs with check your self out, no cashiers
i love the self checkouts. Cashiers mess sht up. And if self check out messes up. The one person can keep 6 of them running while one cashier cant figure out how to void a register making them have to walk away to find manager. Change is always dispensed nice and neat. Not all handed to you in a pile with receipt mixed in. With this elimination. You will see less idiots working vs the ones who know how to problem solve.

Hell i bought 25 bags of concrete at self checkout. Without lifting a single bag. Just took pic of sku. Walk up to self check out. Look up item or sku. Type in quantity. And done. I walk out with receipt and lot guy loads me up. Cashier would be like "what, where, what does it look like, where did you see it, let me contact someone in building materials, oh he's on lunch? hold on i'll be right back i have to see it"...

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
yep

hello min wage hikes

those ppl are getting laid off or getting hrs cut drastically. just raises the cost of everything for everyone else.

who tried too raise a fam on min wage anyway. buncha window lickers
Lmfao window lickers :D the image of a bunch of idiots licking windows as i walk up to a store just popped into my head.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
honestly doesnt bother me at all.. if you have seen the guys that do our grocery stores at night, omg.

I heard some are doing entire grocery stores $150, its usually 3-4 toothless meth heads literally running up and down the ailes with walk behinds.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
honestly doesnt bother me at all.. if you have seen the guys that do our grocery stores at night, omg.

I heard some are doing entire grocery stores $150, its usually 3-4 toothless meth heads literally running up and down the ailes with walk behinds.
Right now they're getting paid to do Walgreens stores for 75 a store scrub mop buff lol

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Well when machines are doing all the work we will all be on de welfare!
I must check my night shift that’s cleaning our grocery stores I have no clue when there meth break is. I’ll clue them in to the dental plan LOL!!!!

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Robot lawn mowers are coming too. I watched a video recently where they were showing the new model for commercial landscapers.
They have 10 robots and in the morning they drop them off and then go back and pick them up...

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Cool on the bot cleaners, But humans will never get fully replaced.

DamienHarrison

Dec 24, 2019
Real Name
Damien Harrison
Cool on the bot cleaners, But humans will never get fully replaced.
This is true for both home and professional cleaning. However, you cannot deny that such gadgets are useful. You can see approximate statistics effectively if you read more at Cleanup Experts. I keep a couple of such robotic pets in the house and this reduces my load on cleaning the house on Saturday))

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Have some fun when you see these machines in use.

Place a roll of paper towels or box of cereal or crackers etc on all 4 sides. One box in front one in back and one on each side.

It will shut the machine down as its sensors will not allow it to continue to operate.

Or for some real fun, "accidentally" spill the largest bottle of bubble bath they carry directly in front of the machine so it is forced to suck it up...................Sit back and enjoy the show.

Or......well a bit of chemistry and there is some real fun to be had by accidentally spilling a few other readily available items at the grocery store that could cause some real hilarity to ensue.

As you have never actually touched the machine not much they can do to you as far as legally.

Hack the system...................a little civil disobedience never hurt anyone, and if enough of us do it it will make these expensive robots not worth the trouble in the end.

Reactions: keep it clean

rockguru

Banned
Jan 24, 2020
Real Name
Andre
After I got myself ilife a4s , I really got the point and now I understand how actually convenient such things are. If you have a chance of getting any kind of a robot vacuum, I really recommend you to do it.