It's hard to visit this forum anymore with all the advertisements. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

It's hard to visit this forum anymore with all the advertisements.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Just had to put it out there. Have a great night.
It's really not a forum anymore, it's an advertising outlet. Sorry to say but the days of members wanting to come on the forum and post are gone, sure a few still post but nothing like it used to be.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Just had to put it out there. Have a great night.
Just use phone app instead of browser. I dont see any advertising maybe 1 odorcide at bottom idk. I only use browser for pics because it says file too large to post in app for some reason.

Scratch that. I dont see any at all in phone app.

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
It's really not a forum anymore, it's an advertising outlet. Sorry to say but the days of members wanting to come on the forum and post are gone, sure a few still post but nothing like it used to be.
Torrey and Ross were on the money 5 years ago. The monetization began then and is at its peak now. Most would do the same if in Robs position, really cant fault him for that. The recent uptick in "censorship" from the powers at be is the most troublesome. After all, to a large degree many of the long time members are what helped drive TMF popularity and lent that popularity to the opportunity to monetize.

The problem with Rob is that he likes to take the stance that "he" built this forum and pushed it to its level of popularity, which in some degree is true, but TMF wouldn't be the vehicle for monetization that it is without its members and contributors.

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
Torrey, Eyeball, Johny Bravo, Kipp, Deron, Nomad, Gerding, Todd, Aloha etc. Drove a TON of traffic to this site in the early days. Most became disenchanted with the politics of the forum. Where are they now? And why? is the question you need to ask yourself.

Reactions: mrotto
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Torrey and Ross were on the money 5 years ago. The monetization began then and is at its peak now. Most would do the same if in Robs position, really cant fault him for that. The recent uptick in "censorship" from the powers at be is the most troublesome. After all, to a large degree many of the long time members are what helped drive TMF popularity and lent that popularity to the opportunity to monetize.

The problem with Rob is that he likes to take the stance that "he" built this forum and pushed it to its level of popularity, which in some degree is true, but TMF wouldn't be the vehicle for monetization that it is without its members and contributors.
I agree 100% without the members Rob would of been posting to himself and it never would of got off the ground and there would be no chemical line or an online store.
The craziest part is I can call someone an asshole and it's ok but damn if I ask about a non TMF pre spray.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Johnny Bravo is on crawl and can't post at all. I have been part of a free forum that after "us" long time members shared enough good material to drive traffic we had to pay to continue to be members. It died a slow death, this forum might be in a death spiral as I type... It's a shame too.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Johnny Bravo is on crawl and can't post at all. I have been part of a free forum that after "us" long time members shared enough good material to drive traffic we had to pay to continue to be members. It died a slow death, this forum might be in a death spiral as I type... It's a shame too.
One only needs to look at the members section and see who has the most posts and highest reaction score and see that most of the top members are no longer posting, some got banned, some got put on crawl, some just left and very few post anymore.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

I recognize and respect that. I also recognize what zuckerburg has done to ALL forums. I don't like it either. But times change. What has not changed is TOS. Personal attacks have always been a valid reason for banning or censoring.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
One only needs to look at the members section and see who has the most posts and highest reaction score and see that most of the top members are no longer posting, some got banned, some got put on crawl, some just left and very few post anymore.
How long will you play that broken record? Facebook, Zuckerberg, caused it but he's not here. So it's easier to blame the largest target you can see, me.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The forum is very healthy and still close to what it has always been, almost 80k unique IP's a month. Most come here to learn, study and not talk. Johnny has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't like us or TMF here and elsewhere. If he wants back all he has to do is apologize and he is welcome back. But that requires humility and respect for what all of us have built.

Reactions: admin and Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Torrey, Eyeball, Johny Bravo, Kipp, Deron, Nomad, Gerding, Todd, Aloha etc. Drove a TON of traffic to this site in the early days. Most became disenchanted with the politics of the forum. Where are they now? And why? is the question you need to ask yourself.
Torrey left for Facebook.
Eyeball left ALL social media for years but has now succumbed to FB.
Johnny says he doesn't like us or TMF. It's not business with him its personal.
Devon left all social media except a little FB
Gerding 100% Facebook
Todd says he has health issues and taking a break.
Aloha has cancer.

While your comment seems to have face value it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. But logic and sound reasoning doesn't go far these days because of trickle down politics.

Reactions: admin and Fedri

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
Torrey left for Facebook.
Eyeball left ALL social media for years but has now succumbed to FB.
Johnny says he doesn't like us or TMF. It's not business with him its personal.
Devon left all social media except a little FB
Gerding 100% Facebook
Todd says he has health issues and taking a break.
Aloha has cancer.

While your comment seems to have face value it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. But logic and sound reasoning doesn't go far these days because of trickle down politics.
Really, Torrey and Eyeball left for FB? Did you conveniently forget about FatCatCleaningForums and the saga that was? What is with you and tying any perceived slight against you to politics and liberalism (Im not a demoncrat BTW)? Fact is, the way this forum is run has changed as your goals to grow business have increased. You have begun censoring people and posts that dont fit your agenda. Case and point: What happened to the TMF truckmount division thread? Anytime someone questions the escalating censorship or has a conflicting viewpoint with something you say, your festering Martyrdom complex kicks in. Its not a good look.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I recognize and respect that. I also recognize what zuckerburg has done to ALL forums. I don't like it either. But times change. What has not changed is TOS. Personal attacks have always been a valid reason for banning or censoring.
What did Zuckerburg do to ALL forums?

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
Rob, to be quite honest the capitalist in me wants to give you a big pat on the ass and a kiss on the cheek for using YOUR forum to create a thriving business. I think what some of us are hoping, is that it doesnt come at the cost of changing the forum for the worse.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, to be quite honest the capitalist in me wants to give you a big pat on the ass and a kiss on the cheek for using YOUR forum to create a thriving business. I think what some of us are hoping, is that it doesnt come at the cost of changing the forum for the worse.
Thank you. I appreciate what you are saying. I went to an emergency dog poop job this evening. Did I have to? No I have plenty techs. But they were all busy. But I appreciate my clients and I am in the problem solving business. I like solving problems so I went. Really we all are in the problem solving business. So how would you solve the problem you pose?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Nevermind. Got it. Forums on FB now..
We used to have 1000+ posts and replies here until FB took over. Now we get over 1000+ posts and replies a day there.