Issue with my Butler system | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Issue with my Butler system

GJN Services

Dec 15, 2018
Real Name
Greg Nield
Hello, I need pointed in the right direction please.
I just bought a boxtruck with a Butler truckmount system, 2009., bought it used in July.
I have had no issues and was working amazing!
I am in the process of building a new storage garage, but was delayed due to weather, then I had some freezing temperature last week.
I had a heater in there but it obviously got too cold for the system.
My suction works same as before, but when I turned the solution line on, I found a leak. I had about 2 ft cut off and a new end replaced on my solution line.
I started the system, kept it on low setting to start, and I have water to my wand and pressure is good. I don't see any other leaks anywhere...BUT, here is my issue.
I don't have heat, stays cold water, under pressure.

What could I be looking at to repair this issue?

thanks for your time.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i would get a deisel/kero heater and save a lot of headaches trying to repair those HX that wont give you near the heat of a kero heater....

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Hi, there are a few things for you to check. First as said above, check to make sure the hot/cold ball valve to the left of the pressure regulator adjustment is set to the hot position. It would be 90* to the line it is installed on. That is the hot setting.

Second check that there is no pressure difference from the cold position and the hot position of that valve.
If the pressure is off by much then the lines or the heat exchanger are having issues. Make sure flow and pressure are close to normal. Too much reduction in flow and pressure usually indicates a restriction in the system.

What does the temp gauge read on the front panel when you are asking for heat?

Need to know this before I can give you more checks.

Hope this helps.