Issue - Wax Floor

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hey everyone,

I strip a floor for a customer and applied a couple coats of finish (wax) left to right, an employee finished the last coat with up and down mostly covering the center traffic lane and not completely on the edge. You can see the line of where the employee went up and down as there is a line on the wax floor of where the wax was applied. Is there a way to remove the line without having strip the entire floor again? (its about 30k sqft)

Thank you!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey everyone,

I strip a floor for a customer and applied a couple coats of finish (wax) left to right, an employee finished the last coat with up and down mostly covering the center traffic lane and not completely on the edge. You can see the line of where the employee went up and down as there is a line on the wax floor of where the wax was applied. Is there a way to remove the line without having strip the entire floor again? (its about 30k sqft)

Thank you!
I don't think there is a work around. However I know a guy who is an expert at strip & wax. Here is his cell. Tell him I gave you his number...Jaime Fabara 203-515-6869. Post back what he says please.

Reactions: SMCommerical

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I don't think there is a work around. However I know a guy who is an expert at strip & wax. Here is his cell. Tell him I gave you his number...Jaime Fabara 203-515-6869. Post back what he says please.
Hey Rob appreciate the info. I spoke to Jaime, and he told me to burnish the floor and reapply another coat of wax. That it should do the job.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey Rob appreciate the info. I spoke to Jaime, and he told me to burnish the floor and reapply another coat of wax. That it should do the job.
Cool. He’s good people.