Is USR too old to use if it doesn't burn my hands? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Is USR too old to use if it doesn't burn my hands?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I bought 4 gallons of Pro's Choice USR sometime a few months ago. Just been sitting in the garage. I have noticed if I spray it on some concrete, it instantly fizzes up, which is a good sign, but it doesn't burn my hand if i pour some on my fingers, or turn them white. I thought I remember it doing this before. And none of the previously unopened 4 gallons do this. I have some "Just like magic" and it still stings my fingers and turns them white, even though I bought it at the same time. I just don't want to be using this USR if it's a dud, or too old. Maybe it sat in a https://shop.truckmountforums.com warehouse too long.

Also, is there any advantage to using stain magic, stain 1, stainzone, just like magic, etc, over just using USR? What's your go-to oxidizer for "spray and walk away" stains, post-cleaning?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Not all peroxides act the same as I found out this year.

We use detonator from encap store and it barely fizzes on concrete so we thought it was dead, Damon shipped us out replacements and they did the same.

Didn't matter, the product was still very effective on bright yellows and the manufacturer confirmed this peroxide won't fizz as much or as rapidly.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Most urine stain removers do not have a level of H2O2 to burn your hand. It will whiten your skin to a degree. Encap O2 diluted will not even whiten your skin. Both are still effective as the higher level of H2O2 is not necessary to be functional according to directions. H2O2 spotters will generally have a level of H2O2 to turn your skin white and provide a level of discomfort like our Stain Zone.

One thing to remember about H2O2 products is that their strength diminishes over time. I suggest buying only enough for a few months use. H2O2 also develops a sour odor after 12 to 18 months, Proper storage in climate controlled areas maintains normal shelf life. Storage in the van is only recommended for products needed for the month. Our spotting kit is designed to keep product cooler, but I would still store elsewhere.