Is this worth the $500 cost?

ralleva

Oct 5, 2011
Georgia
Real Name
Robert Alleva
Business Location
United States
I think if you purchase this for your primary TM you will regret it! I'm sure its worth the money but it will not be worth the headaches you are about to start having. I got a great deal on my TM and I have almost put as much into as I paid for it and if I add in the lost work and the complete lack of confidence I have in it then I lost a whole lot more!
I understand what your saying. I'm going to keep my Goliath in the van also just in case.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

ralleva

Oct 5, 2011
Georgia
Real Name
Robert Alleva
Business Location
United States
Well I'm going to get it cleaned up first and change oil in engine , make sure the blower is greased. I have to get belts tomorrow and order a chemical meter. I'm hoping the 2500 psi pump is good. The one thing he did say was the heat exchanger didn't produce a lot of heat.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Well I'm going to get it cleaned up first and change oil in engine , make sure the blower is greased. I have to get belts tomorrow and order a chemical meter. I'm hoping the 2500 psi pump is good. The one thing he did say was the heat exchanger didn't produce a lot of heat.

The TM really hasn't changed all that much.. its just an engine powering a pump and a blower.. you may want to try and descale the heat exchanger and that might help out. You can always convert it to propane or go to john custom heat exchanger and get a replacement. If you wrap your engine headers you can trap more of the heat..

You have more pics, I have never seen that brand before.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States

That's normal for older one. Remember to descale it as well. You can also soak blower impellers from inlet or outlet with warm dish soap with the hoses off so you can see inside blower. if impellers look like they have a film. Not bad idea on older machine anyways.
Also look real close at the hoses. In and out on blower. They come apart on the inside and you may not see the loose flaps of rubber that sort of peel our when running. This blocks airflow in and or out. If ran with in all tolerances blowers last forever damn near.

Bob

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
This is what it looked like when it was new
hurricane_zps2f9cd0a6.jpg