Is this good kit to get?

YouUrble

Oct 21, 2020
Real Name
jesse l knisley
Hi I'm interested in getting into some carpet cleaning. I work full time at my job but would be more than happy to get even 1 job a month just to gain experience and slowly move to more and more jobs. My budget is about 3600 dollars and this setup from what I can tell will be pretty decent getting me started. I will buy any water hoses or anything I may be missing from home depot or a local store. Looking for feedback and possibly other people who have a similar setup thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-201545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-201545_Chrome.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20201022-201539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-201539_Chrome.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20201022-201529_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-201529_Chrome.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 67

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Get a 1/4" ball valve for your hose. It will make pump priming and swapping tools easier. Should be stainless 1000 psi. An extra quick connect helps with priming. Found mine at interlink supply.

YouUrble

Oct 21, 2020
Real Name
jesse l knisley
Get a 1/4" ball valve for your hose. It will make pump priming and swapping tools easier. Should be stainless 1000 psi. An extra quick connect helps with priming. Found mine at interlink supply.
Quick connect arent good enough for tool swapping? I'm not sure where you mean for me to connect this. And wouldn't I prime pump through the tool or am I wrong.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Quick connect arent good enough for tool swapping? I'm not sure where you mean for me to connect this. And wouldn't I prime pump through the tool or am I wrong.
You can get the tool off. But lol it aint easy getting it back on under that pressure. Ball valve you just turn off sqeeze trigger to relieve pressure. Remove tool. Then put on next tool. Turn valve back on.

Its difficult to get the air out through a tool. A wide open valve or qd flows more water chasing the air bubbles out of the pump. I could be wrong but mytee sometimes puts this on their machines ready for you. So you dont have to do it this way. It would have a valve that redirects water back to the solution tank.

YouUrble

Oct 21, 2020
Real Name
jesse l knisley
You can get the tool off. But lol it aint easy getting it back on under that pressure. Ball valve you just turn off sqeeze trigger to relieve pressure. Remove tool. Then put on next tool. Turn valve back on.

Its difficult to get the air out through a tool. A wide open valve or qd flows more water chasing the air bubbles out of the pump. I could be wrong but mytee sometimes puts this on their machines ready for you. So you dont have to do it this way. It would have a valve that redirects water back to the solution
Thanks for explaining. I will add one or two to the cart. Other than that do you think this is a good setup? I will get a tile and grout tool and upholstery tool later on and research some chemicals and buy more of those. But one more question also so my first people I clean will be my old landlord and some guys at work but when I start getting people I don't know I'm worried they aren't going to like the two portables as a truck mount just looks and sounds like better cleaning. Is it common for a customer to care what system is being used or should I not worry

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Thanks for explaining. I will add one or two to the cart. Other than that do you think this is a good setup? I will get a tile and grout tool and upholstery tool later on and research some chemicals and buy more of those. But one more question also so my first people I clean will be my old landlord and some guys at work but when I start getting people I don't know I'm worried they aren't going to like the two portables as a truck mount just looks and sounds like better cleaning. Is it common for a customer to care what system is being used or should I not worry
Nope. Just do a good job. Most customers dont know or dont care what you use. So long as you dont show up with a rug doctor lol. I was only asked once or twice abkut a truck mount.

I will suggest you find some sort of aggitation machine. It will set you apart from others. And will help you get the carpets as clean as possible.
Crb is pricey. But can find a old Host machine on craigslist or ebay.
Oreck orbiter is a favorite. Small light weight. Can find around 100 bucks or so used.
Or you can build some arm muscles and use a deck brush. It works. But just tiring.
Spray your carpets scub, rinse extract. Easy peasy.

YouUrble

Oct 21, 2020
Real Name
jesse l knisley
Nope. Just do a good job. Most customers dont know or dont care what you use. So long as you dont show up with a rug doctor lol. I was only asked once or twice abkut a truck mount.

I will suggest you find some sort of aggitation machine. It will set you apart from others. And will help you get the carpets as clean as possible.
Crb is pricey. But can find a old Host machine on craigslist or ebay.
Oreck orbiter is a favorite. Small light weight. Can find around 100 bucks or so used.
Or you can build some arm muscles and use a deck brush. It works. But just tiring.
Spray your carpets scub, rinse extract. Easy peasy.
Thank you very much and whats the head on the oreck called? I also meant to add one of those and a carpet rake.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The one that agitates
Brush is best for most. Everyone has their favorites. They are colored to mark their stiffness. Lot of peoole like green. I just used the black one. Its soft but it works.
But you will want a pad holder. You can get cotton pads from Challenger. 14" i think is what they sell For their stair tool. They work great for touching up or speed drying a area where people might slip. Commercial loop and some berbers actually clean up better using a red vct pad instead of a brush. I just bought 17" and used a utility knife to cut them to size.

andyhilton27

Oct 26, 2020
Real Name
andy hilton
The kit itself is not the cheapest on this list, but overall you get a good amount of useful components for your money. If you were to buy all of the components included in this kit separately, you'd have to pay around $85. I can only recommend buying an official Arduino product if you are a beginner.