Is this a good unit for someone just starting out. Boxxer 421

brickhouse40

Jan 25, 2012
Maryland
Real Name
Mike Brickles
Business Location
United States
Found a 1998 GMC van with a Boxxer 421 system. Just starting out and wanted to see what everyone thinks of this unit. Anyone have issues with this system and is it a decent system to start with. Thanks, Mike

bubbula

User
Feb 6, 2009
usa
Real Name
shawn fisher
good start out unit...boxxer took over where the spitfire left off....cost?????

brickhouse40

Jan 25, 2012
Maryland
Real Name
Mike Brickles
Business Location
United States
$12,300 asking price...Van has 98,000 miles on it and the unit has about 1800 hours. The unit includes 150 ft. of vaccum hose and solution lines, capet wands, tile and grout cleaning tool, and other carpet and upholstery attachments.

rstrick

Mar 30, 2011
NC
www.allprocarpetcareandrestorationnc.com
Real Name
ryan Strickland
Business Location
United States
I paid 18500 for my 421 and Chevy express 2007 with 32000 miles and the unit had 800 hours and came with the same assories that one has. Offer low and try and get under 10k

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
He's asking top dollar and I mean TOP DOLLAR. If both the equipment and the van don't reflect a top dollar price either offer less or look elsewhere. I too, would try to get it below 10. The van isn't worth a whole lot at that age with that many miles even if it's in really good shape. I would say at the price he's asking I would expect everything to be ship shape. It should be in very good condition inside and out and the machine in perfect working order. Check for such things as oil leaks, water leaks, rust on the frame, records of service to the machine, etc. If everything checks out offer less and see what happens. I've had the same Boxxer 421 for nearly 10 years now. Over all I have to give it a decent rating for dependability and performance. Most of the problems I've had have been minor that I could fix myself with a few exceptions.

brickhouse40

Jan 25, 2012
Maryland
Real Name
Mike Brickles
Business Location
United States
I will have to check the year of the TM. The van and unit both appear to be in great shape and clean. Seller stated it has been garage kept. He is asking $12,300 but also says obo so I will definitely try to talk him down.

ayetti

Feb 11, 2011
California
winecountrycarpet.com
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
United States
Used equipment in this business is funny, I see prices ALL over the place. Sometimes it makes no sense to me. The hours aren't terrible but they are commensurate with a 3-5 year old machine (and that is if the company is SUPER slow). So if it is that age then ya, not so bad. But if the machine is the same age as the van (or even close) forget it.