Is this a good deal for this Truckmount? Thx!!

Hey everyone I was thinking about getting this unit, have any of you used this model before and if so what should I look for(issues) buying it used. I gotta drive over three hours to look at it and possibly purchase, any tips or advice on the unit would be greatly appreciated. The link is below to check the truckmount out it's a Prochem Blazer,(1570hrs) seems to have low hours for being over 10yrs old. Thanks!!
link not valid

Last edited by a moderator:

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
i'd like to hear it run for an hour or two before i plunked down hard earned cash on a used machine. Too bad it doesn't come with a van.

You have to figure a van in your investment, or at least a trailer and a vehicle to pull it with. So it could go either way, depending on the shape of the machine, and if it's had proper maintenance.

Try offering 2800, and save a bit for a van and installation. I just had a unit installed, it was like 7-800 bucks, so you have to think of that.

make absolutely sure it is a solid running machine.
i think the blazer is on the small side of TM's.

i'd like to hear it run for an hour or two before i plunked down hard earned cash on a used machine. Too bad it doesn't come with a van.

You have to figure a van in your investment, or at least a trailer and a vehicle to pull it with. So it could go either way, depending on the shape of the machine, and if it's had proper maintenance.

Try offering 2800, and save a bit for a van and installation. I just had a unit installed, it was like 7-800 bucks, so you have to think of that.

make absolutely sure it is a solid running machine.
i think the blazer is on the small side of TM's.
Thanks for your reply, yeah I have the van already....and I'm definitely going to run if for an hour or more before possible purchase.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Way too much money. That machine looks beat. If I had my new machine I'd sell you a clean victory 47 with 1600 true hours and no rust. Wait to find another machine. If it looks that bad on the outside what does all the parts look like on the inside. Most people who take good care of their machines and service them regularly don't have machines that look like that. Other then that it's not too bad.

Way too much money. That machine looks beat. If I had my new machine I'd sell you a clean victory 47 with 1600 true hours and no rust. Wait to find another machine. If it looks that bad on the outside what does all the parts look like on the inside. Most people who take good care of their machines and service them regularly don't have machines that look like that. Other then that it's not too bad.
Thanks! You think the hours have been tampered with? I was kinda thinking that might be possible.

Reactions: Spazznout

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Thanks! You think the hours have been tampered with? I was kinda thinking that might be possible.

Either that or the hour gauge has stopped working correctly. The hours sound way too low for 10 years even if it sat unused for 5 or those years. I would suspect that even someone doing cleaning part time on the side would put more hours than that. The hour gauge on my Boxxer stopped working several years back, but it took a while for me to realize it because it was turning over still just not giving anywhere close to the correct hours. I think it was turning over maybe 1 hour for every actual 3 hours. Haven't actually timed it. I put a Tiny Tach on it that gives me the hours correctly now, but I lost track of the actual hours on the machine so I can only guess at them now.

Either that or the hour gauge has stopped working correctly. The hours sound way too low for 10 years even if it sat unused for 5 or those years. I would suspect that even someone doing cleaning part time on the side would put more hours than that. The hour gauge on my Boxxer stopped working several years back, but it took a while for me to realize it because it was turning over still just not giving anywhere close to the correct hours. I think it was turning over maybe 1 hour for every actual 3 hours. Haven't actually timed it. I put a Tiny Tach on it that gives me the hours correctly now, but I lost track of the actual hours on the machine so I can only guess at them now.
Thanks. Now I'm definitley going to let her run four a couple hours to see if the hour gauge works. Good info! I mean if I get good heat, suction, and pressure 200ft from the unit at a steady rate it may be worth a shot, we'll see.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Thanks. Now I'm definitley going to let her run four a couple hours to see if the hour gauge works. Good info! I mean if I get good heat, suction, and pressure 200ft from the unit at a steady rate it may be worth a shot, we'll see.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to have that few hours, but extremely unlikely. If I were buying a used machine I'd try to make sure it was in good running order before I shelled out the cash. Good luck with it. Hope it turns out ok for you.