FB Is there a secret on mixing powder pre-spray...

R

Robert Stigall

Is there a secret on mixing powder pre-spray for the hydraforce sprayer?? I normally always use Liquid because I hate the powder. It always seems to clog up my sprayer only when I use powder.. I tried a new pre spray tonight a sample pack that I received. And it works fantastic on my restaurant. I loved it however half way through it clogged up my sprayer. I mixed it separately and another container with really hot water. Shake it around a bit.. and then poured it in my hydro Force sprayer container. It look like it was dissolved. But it's still clogged up my sprayer. I transferred it over into a pump sprayer and sprayed it that way. Is there a trick?

A

Aaron Rullamas III

I've never had that issue. Like you did, I mix in another container. I use a kitchen whisk to stir it. Some powders don't completely dissolve right away but never had it clog the sprayer.

C

Chaim Kessler

Use powder 90%+ of the time. Never had a clog in sprayer. Put a quart or two of super hot water, pour in powder, close container, shake it real well, open container, fill the rest of the way with water, close again, shake it again, and use.

C

Cheyenne Clinton Miller

Add it with a little water already in it. That helps. Put the cap back on. Shake the he'll out of it a couple times then fill it up. The trick is though, make sure a little water is in in first.

R

Robert Stigall

I'm doing everything that everyone is describing except for the strainer part. Using a pantyhose. That's a good idea. Like I said I put it in a separate container. I add a half a gallon of water. Shake the hell out of it .. add more water shake it some more. Let it set for a little bit in the extreme hot water. And then put it in the sprayer. 3 hours later I go to the restaurant it clogs up. Every single time I use powder.

when you use powders always mix with warm water....and you need to get rid of that little plastic strainer that's at the end of the pickup tube and replace it with a better mesh type.....Larry Cobb sells them for about 8 bucks.....