Is there a price chart for Water extraction?

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Well I don't know pricing either :p I just go by whatever Xactimate tells me and that varies by region. There are different charges if its carpet or if its bare floor. My recent water job was .20/sq foot for extraction on concrete floor. I don't have Xactimate and don't really need it until much later. I just submit a work form into 911 and they build me an invoice for me. Pretty nice.
They charge extra for that Will?

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
My call came in at 11:30 PM. Any calls after 5 or 6 pm (can't remember) are after hour emergency service calls and bill higheron Xactimate. My after hours call was billed $164 just to show up.

Chad Hensley

Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Chad Hensley
Weight assisted-- .89/ft
" " After Hrs--- $1.43/ft
Basic extraction (Carpet) .50/ft
" " After Hrs---.80/ft

Hope this helps

harmon steamway

Jan 6, 2015
Real Name
brett harmon
You dont have to have xactimate.just a friend to print you a price list.really? You do wat er damage?

Mark Napier

Sep 29, 2014
Chattanooga TN
Real Name
Mark Napier
Business Location
United States
When I do work for the restoration company's in my area I charge $100/hour from the second I leave the house and the clock runs till I get back home.

Reactions: matt30577

Mark Napier

Sep 29, 2014
Chattanooga TN
Real Name
Mark Napier
Business Location
United States
This may be wrong but I go with $65 call out plus $90 a hour for category 1 extraction. If I'm only there 20 minutes they are still charged for a hour. So minimal charge would be $155.
I like the idea of that $65 call out charge! Might have to start doing that.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I like the idea of that $65 call out charge! Might have to start doing that.
Remember, your time is valuable. You have a family and a life as well. It costs to divert your attention to a total stranger. In addition if its during normal business hours and you have to rearrange your existing schedule then you need to be compensated

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
To me it also depends on what needs to be moved off carpet. I always get over $1.25 /sf on water extraction. $250 minimum Not counting pad removal. Guys get .50 for just cleaning. Pad removal can be quick but its hard labor. $2 a yard is a bargain. But its ok if extraction is paid for. My customers usually want a upfront estimate. So I usually just figure a price per square foot to dry and treat. minus any sheet rock work. I will pop holes and treat walls. Let air in there till they tear it out or whatever they want to do. I am usually not involved in that.
Here's a good one for you. I bid an entire dry down on 30k sf of carpet on my business card. I got a nod from the adjuster ,and I started. LOL. All I showed him was price per square foot. His look was Priceless. He never seen such a simple quote. But the customer wanted me. And I already had started. He had measured and he knew I did. I said all inclusive till dry and safe.