Is the janitorial business even worth it? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Is the janitorial business even worth it?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
If they won't take the time to review the security footage and find out where the roll came from, then I'd go straight to the owner and fire them as a client. Watch how quickly the dominoes fall

Reactions: Ymetimme

dex

May 6, 2009
Urbana
Real Name
Dwain McDaniel
Business Location
United States
any business can be profitable if you manage it close and tight, bid things to pay decent and make a decent profit. let the other low ball stuff go to the hacks, there are plenty of customers that will pay for high quality. On 3.5 million in rev we usually net about 30 percent, yes I work it to death but making the money is fun. I never give my customers a reason to look anywhere else , we sell service not just trash being emptied.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hard to retire when you make that much money and still remember the days when you used to net 10k a year.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Easy, put $5,000,000 away into investments. Not hard to live when you're making $500,000 a year off investments.

Stnface

Feb 13, 2019
Real Name
Jason Duval
Wow, We charge each location independently based on size, number of bathrooms, sinks, amt of tile vs carpet vs vinyl, number of offices, desks and kitchens. If we don't profit at lease 20% we won't take the job. We are averaging 31% overall right now and I even think that is too low. We have had to turn customers away due to having too much business and referrals coming in from our existing janitorial clients. Everyone knows finding good help is a major pain and we don't sub. We even raise customer prices on occasion and have yet to see anyone leave. Most importantly, we clean better than anyone else in our market and our customers know it.

We recently (April) purchased a TM to replace the portables we were using and its been a hit.

All I know is this...

WE ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY WE CHARGE. If someone doesn't want to pay our price we move on and never look back. This is a tough ass business (Commercial Cleaning) and I couldn't see doing it for free. Not sure this helps but I needed to get that out there.

dex

May 6, 2009
Urbana
Real Name
Dwain McDaniel
Business Location
United States
Agree completely with stone face, that is how we run our business