Is it concerning to anyone else that.......

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Is it concerning to anyone else that America seems to be being liquidated. For Instance.....

Verizon Wireless consolidated many wireless companies and was then Allowed by congress to be sold to England. At the time Verizon was America's Largest Single Communications network on American Soil. Now when I was younger and maybe alot of you can remember when Foreign Entities were not allowed to own controlling interests in American corporation to protect
the Assets of the American Continent. But the most disturbing is the recent merger of T mobile and Sprint which now makes that network the largest communications network on American Soil. But get this, It is owned by Germany.

Now maybe I'm just crazy as fudge or does that seem like that should not be happening and would seem that should be

a National Security Threat on a whole new level?

• Wow
Reactions: lehighcounty

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Well I guess I am bat shit crazy for thinking that is a problem. Its not like WW1 and 2 are of any concern. And why wouldn't it be a concern. this is the USA not fudgeing germany or england. Those companies were built on the investments of American Workers and to have the rug ripped out from under them ISNT A CONCERN because
Why?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
probably because its a company thats based in England or Germany.

If it was Russia, China or India then those respective governments would be involved. THAT would be concerning. Unless you can show that the governments of Germany or England are directly involved with the associated companies that are located there, I would not be too concerned.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Why be mad at England or Germany for owning formerly-American companies? Didn't the people who sold to the highest bidder have some responsibility here?

If Germany and England were willing to pay more to own these companies than anyone in the US was willing to offer, then isn't that the very essence of capitalism?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We have spent decades become a nation of consumers rather than a nation of producers. The end result of that trend? A nation of bargain-hunters who are dependent on everyone else to make things for them.

You guys see that in your customers every day. "Well, so-n-so said he'd do it for twenty dollars less..."

I am reminded of the old Pogo cartoon - we have met the enemy, and he is us.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Normandy? I don't see how it's particularly relevant to the current economic situation.

Are you saying we should still be mad at Germany for being on the other side of that war? If so, might want to be extra-nice to the next Japanese person you see.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
AT&T still owns all the towers and there are many other smaller carriers popping up.
The list below of the top 15 cell tower companies has been compiled from information obtained by publicly available sources. In some cases the tower company might not own the structure, but has lease rights and the ability to acquire the towers on the property for a set period of time. Totals shown below do not include distributed antenna systems (DAS) or small cells.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
So a German owned communications company the largest on our soil shouldn't be of concern? What are you smoking? Gimme some, lol
Every cell phone, laptop, and smart TV is already loaded with cameras and microphones that watch what you're doing. The internet tracks every website you visit and every video you watch in hopes of fine-tuning the ads it shows you. No conversation has been "private" since the dawn of the cellular phone and fiber-optic cables.

Whether it's Germany, Russia, China, or the good ol' US of A, someone is watching everything you do. THAT should be the part that worries you, not the ethnicity of the watchers.

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
g Well wasn't that the point in them having to listen in the first place. Now its a moot point evidently

with everyone. The point is the protection of the American Citizens Assetts. Yes we as Americans own the country. We built it, and its ours. And if we have people that say its not well they are liars and trying to decieve us. If we are stupid and allow the liquidation of our country's assetts then that is implicitus in the destruction of our freedom. Because that is a twisting of words and ideas and principles and playing on peoples emotions and deception at a very high level in which it is so plain to see but its happening right in front of our eyes, they are literally stealing our country. And if the holding companies or citizens aren't there to do their civic duty, because we as business owners it is our duty to serve when we become successful and are more filled with experience. If we arent doing what we need to be doing, if they aren't there for the people and sell off their majority stake then that is, I know some of you may laugh but it is Treason. It is written in the constutition that is the way its supposed to be, the successful are supposed to serve in places like congress and the like and are supposed to preserve the country. Yes its written into the Constitution. So if we bring in spies and the gov has to listen in on everyone to keep them from taking over well that's one thing, but to let them in and target all of our Businesses where the Hell are you gonna work?

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Normandy? I don't see how it's particularly relevant to the current economic situation.

Are you saying we should still be mad at Germany for being on the other side of that war? If so, might want to be extra-nice to the next Japanese person you see.
I absolutely love the Japanese Culture. I think its cool. They are nice disciplined people. Are we as Americans , fat undisciplined slobs with poor diets that way because we want to be?

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
g Well wasn't that the point in them having to listen in the first place. Now its a moot point evidently

with everyone. The point is the protection of the American Citizens Assetts. Yes we as Americans own the country. We built it, and its ours. And if we have people that say its not well they are liars and trying to decieve us. If we are stupid and allow the liquidation of our country's assetts then that is implicitus in the destruction of our freedom. Because that is a twisting of words and ideas and principles and playing on peoples emotions and deception at a very high level in which it is so plain to see but its happening right in front of our eyes, they are literally stealing our country. And if the holding companies or citizens aren't there to do their civic duty, because we as business owners it is our duty to serve when we become successful and are more filled with experience. If we arent doing what we need to be doing, if they aren't there for the people and sell off their majority stake then that is, I know some of you may laugh but it is Treason. It is written in the constutition that is the way its supposed to be, the successful are supposed to serve in places like congress and the like and are supposed to preserve the country. Yes its written into the Constitution. So if we bring in spies and the gov has to listen in on everyone to keep them from taking over well that's one thing, but to let them in and target all of our Businesses where the Hell are you gonna work?
I'm sure the buyers also inherited the huge debts that came with verizon. Maybe the sellers of verizon will be on to bigger and better things in regards to communication. It's easy to see millions of people not renewing or even cancelling their verizon service in the near future. ATT bought directv 5 years ago and how is that going? Directv should have been sold to the Germans.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

This is what I refer to as "choking on gnats and swallowing camels".

The idea that 'our country' ought to own its own assets is a nice one - but it overlooks the fact that it is these very same people in 'our country' who are spying on its citizens, manipulating business so that the majority of the money stays in a small pool of insiders, and holding on to a system of power that "locks out" all but the chosen few.

We haven't been a democratic republic in a long time. We are a practicing oligarchy, bordering on hegemony.

Art Kelley

Feb 9, 2009
Clawson,MI
Real Name
Art Kelley
It’s a world market out there, and everything is for sale in the free market. Like Brian3180 mentioned, buying Verizon may
or may not be a good investment. I remember Mercedes Benz bought The Chrysler Corporation, and boy, did they ever step into a stinkydo on that one.LOL.