Is Grout Sealer Damaged By Cleaning With Water Pressure? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Is Grout Sealer Damaged By Cleaning With Water Pressure?

Colorado Tech

Apr 20, 2021
Real Name
Jesse Dillingham
I just sealed some restroom grout at our facility. I understand the basic precautions and that using solvents, acids, and brushes can damage the grout sealer. What about using a Kaivac to clean the restrooms? It's about 500 psi with a variable degree nozzle, 0 to a pretty wide fan. How much water pressure can a grout sealer withstand? Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated-

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I just sealed some restroom grout at our facility. I understand the basic precautions and that using solvents, acids, and brushes can damage the grout sealer. What about using a Kaivac to clean the restrooms? It's about 500 psi with a variable degree nozzle, 0 to a pretty wide fan. How much water pressure can a grout sealer withstand? Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated-
Depends on the sealer used.
Any high quality, impregnating sealer will hold up fine with regular cleaning.
Avoid high or low pH and definitely don't use vinegar or bleach.

Colorado Tech

Apr 20, 2021
Real Name
Jesse Dillingham
Thanks! I used the Laticrete Stonetech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer. It's a water based penetrating sealer. I guess penetrating and impregnating sealers both do the same thing?