Is carpet cleaning seasonal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 11, 2018
Real Name
Andre
Is carpet cleaning seasonal?
If so what are the slow seasons?
Also what is a good way to target commercial jobs? Thanks in advance

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
It can be, depending on where you are. Winter is often peoples slowest time of year.
Correct. Except for Florida where EVERYTHING is the opposite of the othe 49 states. Winter is the busy time of year for carpet cleaning.

In the colder states summer is the busy carpet cleaning season. But in the winter, that's the busy disaster/restoration season. Like puffbacks, fire damage, water damage from frozen pipe breaks, ice damming and so on.

Just know that the weather effects EVERY industry at some point and time.

Nov 11, 2018
Real Name
Andre
Thank you guys for the great comments. I’m located in Northern California. No snow and not much rain. It seams rain and tax season can slow it down for cc industry

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Slower times but not a slow season where I’m at atleast so far. When the kids go back to school that time period is usually slow for whatever reason every year.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thank you guys for the great comments. I’m located in Northern California. No snow and not much rain. It seams rain and tax season can slow it down for cc industry
Out here in the west where the whether is pretty much nice year round this business stays fairly consistent year round. April (tax time) is a little slower as is Christmas from mid December to mid January. Other than that I’m pretty much always busy.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
For my business in Tennessee, I was always very busy in spring and summer. A little slower when kids went back to school, but I did marketing with the parent teacher organizations and that helped. Holiday time and right afterward was busy for people preparing for guests or cleaning up from guests who had just left. This lasted from early November to mid-January. Winter slow for residential.

This is why it is good to have a mix of commercial work along with residential. It evens out the roller coaster ride. I like quarterly accounts that I could fit in during slow periods.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Here in N Florida I'm wide open doing T&G cleaning & sealing / shower re-grouts.
I'm booked through 12/19 right now!
November was crazy too. I ran out of time for all the Thanksgiving requests.
Sept was super slow, kids back to school.
Real estate market is super hot down here, that helps.

Diversification is a good strategy.
Here some landscapers switch to pressure washing during the winter.
One irrigation company also does gutters and drainage, so they're pushing that right now.

As Scott said, some steady repeating commercial accounts can help when residential market ebbs & flows.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Here in N Florida I'm wide open doing T&G cleaning & sealing / shower re-grouts.
I'm booked through 12/19 right now!
November was crazy too. I ran out of time for all the Thanksgiving requests.
Sept was super slow, kids back to school.
Real estate market is super hot down here, that helps.

Diversification is a good strategy.
Here some landscapers switch to pressure washing during the winter.
One irrigation company also does gutters and drainage, so they're pushing that right now.

As Scott said, some steady repeating commercial accounts can help when residential market ebbs & flows.
Being booked till 12/19 must be a great feeling!
Good advice on diversity. Doing housekeeping and carpets we stay pretty busy. We do more houses then carpet so far but I’m trying. The ones we are doing have really been paying well. Now Im getting into area rug, and wool rug washing. Just getting started there, but the added revenue is nice. I’m on a carpet job, and always ask now if the home owner wants me to take the rugs to clean off site. The interlink class with Scott Warrington helped a lot! I’m still studying every night Rug Cleaning since I’m only in the beginning stages.