Is anyone using a Predator engine for their truckmount?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have a Honda engine in one of my Truckmounts. The engine has worked flawlessly for years, not one problem. I’m needing to replace the engine in my second truckmount and planned on putting a Honda in there as well. I happened to see an ad for a Predator engine which has identical specs but costs $1000 less.

So my question is has anyone actually used one of these predator engines? Are they any good or is this a case of “I’ll get what I pay for?” My gut says to spend the extra $1000 on a Honda but if the Predator works just as well I’ll try it.

I’m looking at the 670cc Predator which has the same specs as my Honda GX690.

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
www.mullicacarpetcare.com
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
I use a Predator in my truck mount. It's been in there for 3 years. I had an issue with the low oil sensor shutting the engine off after about a year. It would shut the engine off if the truck wasn't perfectly level. I unhooked it then it didn't have any problems. And there is a solenoid in the carb float bowl that keeps gas from draining from the bowl after shut off. The solenoid quit working and gas couldn't get into the carb so I had to remove it. No problems now. When I had the carb issue I took it to my local small engine shop that usually will fix truck mount engines but they wouldn't touch the Predator. Parts are hard to find and you had better be pretty handy with engines if you buy one. Other than that it has run well and starts up every day and has for the last two years. I'd buy another one. The output shaft on mine was the same size as the B&S engine that it replaced.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Predator is a Honda clone and I've installed one on a tcs worrior and it's been running for 2 years now. But for the price buy the warranty and if it has a problem then they will replace it no questions asked.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner