Is anyone else familiar with a steamaction 1800?

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
I bought a used truckmount van combo over the weekend. The motor, pump and blower work great they were fairly recently rebuilt. The only issue I am having is figuring out the chemical injector. The set up goes like this: a freshwater inlet on the panel you can hook a garden hose to, goes to a 2 gallon tank with a float shutoff. The chemical injection goes into the same float and draws from the plastic chemical tank. This all leads to an inlet in the pump. There is a second I let on the pump that draws from my storage tank. The issue is, without an outside water source hooked up, nothing goes into the 2 gallon tank to work the venturi and draw chemical. I'm stuck at my "day job" now but tonight I am going to try to run the freshwater holding tank to the venturi feed and hook up the outside supply(hose directly to the pump). I dont know if the tank feed will have enough flow to supply the pump.

If anyone is on metro Denver and could look at this with me, that would be great, or if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.
IMG_20161009_172622578.jpg
IMG_20161009_172559710_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161009_172631493.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you do not have a fresh water tank and are only using the garden hose with a water box. The garden hose will fill the water box (it may be slow where you do not even notice it going in) which supplies the TM. You may have to prime the chemical injection by sticking the draw tube into the vacuum hose and then set the meter.

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
Thanks for the response 1st choice. I know it is hard to get from my description but I do have a 100 gallon tank. It feeds directly to pump. Garden hose feeds to box where chemical goes in. When garden hose is hooked up, it sucks the chemical into the box, then sent to pump mixed with water. So pump has 2 hose inlets.

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
You know Kevin, that's not a bad idea. Sometimes the simplest solutions turn out to be the best. There is a ball valve to shut off flow into the pump from the outside hose fill, so I should not suck air into the pump from there.

blktipton

Sep 27, 2016
Real Name
Barry Tipton
Update and my experience with a used truckmount. Fortunately I am handy, had to fix a couple minor issues due to age. Example, hose outlet from supply was badly corroded. Pieced together parts to get it back together. Carb needed cleaned, no problem. Had to have the exhaust leak fixed, but now it is ready to work. Water gets very hot. I will stick with Kevin's idea of premixing rinse in 100 gal tank. If I go to do tile, I will use outside hose hookup and by pass storage tank. I can't see that it was designed any other way. Ultimately have a fully functioning machine and van. Getting it conetely up to speed would probably have been an extra grand if I had to hire everything. Moral is, of you can fix broken stuff, used isn't a bad way to go, but always a gamble. If you can't fix things, plan on a fee grand to get all the quirks worked out.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Update and my experience with a used truckmount. Fortunately I am handy, had to fix a couple minor issues due to age. Example, hose outlet from supply was badly corroded. Pieced together parts to get it back together. Carb needed cleaned, no problem. Had to have the exhaust leak fixed, but now it is ready to work. Water gets very hot. I will stick with Kevin's idea of premixing rinse in 100 gal tank. If I go to do tile, I will use outside hose hookup and by pass storage tank. I can't see that it was designed any other way. Ultimately have a fully functioning machine and van. Getting it conetely up to speed would probably have been an extra grand if I had to hire everything. Moral is, of you can fix broken stuff, used isn't a bad way to go, but always a gamble. If you can't fix things, plan on a fee grand to get all the quirks worked out.

Awesome to hear you are up and running, nothing like rolling uo your sleeves and fixing what needs fixed. Wish you all the best of luck getting started.