Is anybody cleaning artificial grass? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Is anybody cleaning artificial grass?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Ok I use a lite mix of clorax bleach in a dial sprayer to rid bugs from my lawn weekly .
I wonder if the lite mix sparyed over astro turf and left on over nite and washed off in the morning would help ?
This should be safe for the ground , it seems well for me for years
2016-10-14 11.19.34.jpg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd do you still need help with this? I forgot one of the places we clean is an animal hospital that has an outdoor section for the little beasts to play in and it has artificial turf. Not sure how they maintain it but I can ask.

Also, just curious, I don't know the answer but I wonder what a steamer would do on that surface? They can disinfect I know, but not sure if it would melt the turf.
Thank you, please do. At this point I'm just gathering information and considering offering the service.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Out here in the drought stricken west a lot of people have pulled out their lawns and put in artificial grass. Sounds good in theory as you never have to mow it or water it or worry about weeds or dead spots

BUT
When it comes to dogs peeing on the grass in the back yard after some time it really begins to stink. Get a little rain or humidity and oh my!!:eek::wtf::poop::vomit::vomit::vomit:

The stench is horrible. I've pressure washed a few and used some Odorcide on them but nothing really fixes the stink:dead:.

This has me thinking there has to be a way to fix this along with the opportunity to add another service to the business. I'm thinking there has to be a chemical we can put in the hydroforce and apply it to the lawn to fix this. It would need to be something that does not require extraction but preferably could be rinsed through the lawn with a garden hose or pressure washer. Maybe use An acid rinse? I've had good success eliminating urine odors from carpet using a strong mix of FabSet through the hydroforce, maybe that would work on the grass too??? I'm not sure about OSR / PetZone or other urine chemicals. Maybe something outside the industry such as Rid-X septic treatment?

@SAA @Scott W @Tom Forsythe do you guys have any ideas or input on this?
I wonder if an enzyme treatment applied via a Hydroforce might work? It's definitely something I'd consider. I don't think you can wash some of this stuff out, but you might be able to digest it out w/ enzyme treatment. Might be something to try anyway. If you can't effectively wash it out or extract it out seems like an enzyme might be the best option.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I was asked to clean a turf artificial floor indoor, can I use hot water extraction with a carpet cleaning pre spray?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I was asked to clean a turf artificial floor indoor, can I use hot water extraction with a carpet cleaning pre spray?
Most artificial turf is polyester. Some has crumb rubber between the "blades" of artificial grass, especially sports fields. These rubber chips will be extracted by vacuum and clog your filters. Needs a special process. For other artificial turf, go ahead and clean with HWE as polyester. Plan on using a Grandi Groom.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
not to get off subject....

but Judson claims his dad had the very first Truckmount...
and cleaned artificial turf at Texas Stadium/ Cowboys over 50 years ago.....

believe he has a picture of his dads first Truckmount....

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
not to get off subject....

but Judson claims his dad had the very first Truckmount...
and cleaned artificial turf at Texas Stadium/ Cowboys over 50 years ago.....

believe he has a picture of his dads first Truckmount....
I saw that machine back in 1983 when I spent some time with Judson (the father). I believe that is accurate about the first modern truckmount.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I'm with Scott on this. The new artificial grass is not like astroturf it is more like carpet. It is usually on a bed of road base type sand. I think you should be able to spray it with hydroforce with biobreak and hwe out with the wand.

Reactions: Fedri

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
The fake grass is extremely expensive as well. Cost more that most indoor carpeting. People need to take care of it.

Reactions: Fedri

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Catyyy

Jul 22, 2019
Real Name
Katrin Wasson
Artificial grass is an awful idea. It's nothing like natural lawn! It's not environmently friendly, plus all those chemicals to clean it. People try to get rid of plastic bags and other products that harm our planet and having an artificial lawn is a step back!

Please, recycle it and enjoy natural lawn, I'm begging you!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Artificial grass is an awful idea. It's nothing like natural lawn! It's not environmently friendly, plus all those chemicals to clean it. People try to get rid of plastic bags and other products that harm our planet and having an artificial lawn is a step back!

Please, recycle it and enjoy natural lawn, I'm begging you!
Idiot

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Out here in the drought stricken west a lot of people have pulled out their lawns and put in artificial grass. Sounds good in theory as you never have to mow it or water it or worry about weeds or dead spots

BUT
When it comes to dogs peeing on the grass in the back yard after some time it really begins to stink. Get a little rain or humidity and oh my!!:eek::wtf::poop::vomit::vomit::vomit:

The stench is horrible. I've pressure washed a few and used some Odorcide on them but nothing really fixes the stink:dead:.

This has me thinking there has to be a way to fix this along with the opportunity to add another service to the business. I'm thinking there has to be a chemical we can put in the hydroforce and apply it to the lawn to fix this. It would need to be something that does not require extraction but preferably could be rinsed through the lawn with a garden hose or pressure washer. Maybe use An acid rinse? I've had good success eliminating urine odors from carpet using a strong mix of FabSet through the hydroforce, maybe that would work on the grass too??? I'm not sure about OSR / PetZone or other urine chemicals. Maybe something outside the industry such as Rid-X septic treatment?

@SAA @Scott W @Tom Forsythe do you guys have any ideas or input on this?
no, no no no Todd you have to try Undunzit

Like Trump says "trust me you'll like it, trust me"