Iron Man Pads | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Iron Man Pads

VLM Guy

Oct 25, 2016
Real Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Been running Bonnet Pro's new pads for about a month now and everything that John K said about them is true. They clean great, run smooth, don't shed and clean up good in the washer. At this point I think it is safe to say that they are long lasting as they are really Iron Man tough. I absolutely love em on residential! Of course they also do great on commercial. Also the Bonnet Wash has proven to be the real deal also. Doesn't take much in my front loader washer and does a great job. Congrats Kluz! You've got a couple of winners here for sure.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I picked one up to sample and it seemed really nice. I haven't used it but one techs who has spoke highly of it. How do you use them? Whats your process?

General Ken

Dec 12, 2015
Real Name
Ken Patton
I have personally found all of John's products to be awesome. Revive Rocket is by far the best encap. product I have found. I have tried a bunch too. Has anyone used his mini max?

Sent from my SM-N910V using TMF Forums mobile app

VLM Guy

Oct 25, 2016
Real Name
Joseph Gilstrap
I picked one up to sample and it seemed really nice. I haven't used it but one techs who has spoke highly of it. How do you use them? Whats your process?
Process? Vacuum, spot, pre-spray, pad with Orbot, groom carpet if applicable.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Process? Vacuum, spot, pre-spray, pad with Orbot, groom carpet if applicable.
Nice. I was alluding to do you wet the bonnets, dip them or use them dry? How often do you flip them? How many sq ft do you get out of them before changing them out?

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
I thought dipping was out? The purpose of the bonnet being to pick up surface soils, meaning the laws of thermodynamics wet to dry. I have never heard of anyone strong enough to wring out a bonnet to dryer then the carpet.
The soil coming up into the bonnet from a presprayed carpet. Versus the wetness of the bonnet pushing moisture into the carpet. Most bonnets I know of are also absorbent. Versus the carpet fibers themselves.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I thought dipping was out? The purpose of the bonnet being to pick up surface soils, meaning the laws of thermodynamics wet to dry. I have never heard of anyone strong enough to wring out a bonnet to dryer then the carpet.
The soil coming up into the bonnet from a presprayed carpet. Versus the wetness of the bonnet pushing moisture into the carpet. Most bonnets I know of are also absorbent. Versus the carpet fibers themselves.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums
Agree but its nice to hear different perspectives.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Nice. I was alluding to do you wet the bonnets, dip them or use them dry? How often do you flip them? How many sq ft do you get out of them before changing them out?
When doing massive areas I always soaked them thru in chem solution and used a bucket wringer to remove 50-70% of moisture. Much better results than just a spray over carpet then bonnet. I flipped when soiled..no carpet is the same, same with sq footage, impossible to standardize. Note: If I felt the carpet got too wet I would post clean with fresh dry bonnets which was the majority of the time.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
2016-12-30 10.05.31.jpg

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Got my Iron Man bonnets yesterday.

Don't forget to buy Bonnet Pro's Bonnet Wash. It works great just like everything else Bonnet Pro sells.

Reactions: Common janitor

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I haven't bought bonnetpro's yet but curious on the process. I pre vacuum, pre treat, HWE with roto, pass a bonnet after then air movers. Am I missing anything? Can I do that and post spray with a encap before bonnet to get the rest of the soil out? Just curious.

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I haven't bought bonnetpro's yet but curious on the process. I pre vacuum, pre treat, HWE with roto, pass a bonnet after then air movers. Am I missing anything? Can I do that and post spray with a encap before bonnet to get the rest of the soil out? Just curious.

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

What you are describing is a restorative cleaning that may be overkill on at least some of your jobs ( time = money)
To answer your question, what you are doing is fine but If I was going to take the extra time to perform the bonnet step after rotary extraction then I would do two things.

#1Make sure I was using a cotton bonnet. They absorb more and the cotton provides good aggression to remove extra soiling. Green striped bonnets are not cotton. I am surprised how often I hear people tell me they have the green striped cotton bonnets.

#2 I would ad a little encap after the extraction and before the bonnet. The bonnet will help get what extraction missed and the encap will help get what the bonnet missed so you get a little extra help with the clean. The encap will also introduce fresh unused chem to further help soil removal.

When I still ran my truckmount I was often very surprised at how soiled the bonnets became even after I ran the big TM. This should be less noticeable with a rotary tool as compared to a wand.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
ONE! what can you do with one?:LOL::LOL:

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
I have been using the glad pad but now using the Iron Man pads very good pad all around srubbing absorbtion Peter breen

Reactions: aloha one