IPS Pro Sprayer Issues!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

IPS Pro Sprayer Issues!!

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
IMO IPS ..... was not ready for our business . From seals to durability to batteries.
I also bought the upgraded seal kit thinking that was the issue of low pressure. ended up being the charger or battery.
Little hacking and a bungee cord a Ryobi battery will last for weeks plus has twice the PSI . .

I think they absolutely were ready for it with that fair 6-month warranty.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The models I have are better batteries, newest seals and 1 yr warranty. I'll sell 12 easy. But keeping 3-5 for myself. He sold over 1/2 million and had a 2% failure rate that he honored. That's good enough for me.

PS:I know down the pike he is coming out with a V7 that will be more of a commercial built version. Good day.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Those of you using the ryobi batteries, are you using the 18 or 12 volt. I bought a 18 volt lithium and it fits and runs, and with a little Dremel modification it fit correct.

I know there 2 month delay was the new 1.8 batteries were help up in customs. Don't know if this new batch works better.

I agree. The stock 12 volt batteries immediate lose power and with that u lose pressure. If the trigger speed control could handle 18 volts, it would be a beast

Attachments

• IMG_4386[1].JPG
    IMG_4386[1].JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 168

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I think they absolutely were ready for it with that fair 6-month warranty.
Really ? No Viton or Bunas seals a standard for our industry . He was at both trade shows I attended in Vegas pushing these Sprayers W/O the better seals.
I told Frenchy he should upgrade all the sprayers with seals made for our industry for free. He said it would cost HIM to much. Well FOOK me it cost $200 plus for a sprayer I had to buy the upgraded seals for and Ryobi battery.
Mytee upgrades parts all the time for free after the end user does the testing :jawdrop::jawdrop:.

Reactions: B14

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
Jim, how many hours, or how long have you been running the 18 volt on the IPS? No problems?

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Really ? No Viton or Bunas seals a standard for our industry . He was at both trade shows I attended in Vegas pushing these Sprayers W/O the better seals.
I told Frenchy he should upgrade all the sprayers with seals made for our industry for free. He said it would cost HIM to much. Well FOOK me it cost $200 plus for a sprayer I had to buy the upgraded seals for and Ryobi battery.
Mytee upgrades parts all the time for free after the end user does the testing :jawdrop::jawdrop:.

Ohh I was being sarcastic man lol a 6-month warranty for anything is a joke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
With over 1/2 million sold many like them. Hopefully his V7 next model he has listened to our concerns. If any of us have seen the insides carpet cleaners vans many might not keep the units in a safe place. I agree the 1st seals were not made for our industry. Good thing all new units have Viton seals. My techs have access to every sprayer on the market but ALL of them grab the IPS.

Examining why ours have held up may be due to fact we keep ours up front in cab, rinse them, have built in chargers in vans and all have upgraded seals.
Batteries last much longer when not exposed to moisture or high humidity I've observed.

With all this said let's hope his next model is built more for commercial use than DIY needs. Time will tell.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Jim, how many hours, or how long have you been running the 18 volt on the IPS? No problems?
My goto is my 2 year old Hudson. IMPO IPS to fragile for everyday use. I do use the IPS with my OP machine and it can sit idle (not on a charger ) for 3 weeks and still have 4 out of 5 bars .
Used my H/F inline sparayer maybe a 1/2 dozen times in the last 3 years .
Home Depot has some great deals on Ryobi packages. What man couldn't use another tool ? Warranty - returns can't get much easier if your near a H/D.

Reactions: rob allen

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
I have an IPS and a Worx. As much as I would like for them to work properly, they're completely unreliable. The batteries on the IPS are weak. Just so you know, if you don't mind being a bit of a hack, the Ryobi batteries sorta fit the IPS, meaning they work but the they don't sit flush on the gun.

You or anyone else have a link to the exact aftermarket batteries they are using?

I tried several times to find a compatible substitute.

Hitachi had some that looked very similar, and I remember someone mentioning Hitachi before, but that's as far as I got.

Nicad battery packs like these are only as good as it's cells are.

The cells themselves can be easily swapped out for better quality ones if the pack can be opened without damaging it.

One could go as high quality as they want and do it cheaper than buying another shitty one from them.

Looks like you can get 2 or 3 complete sets of higher quality batteries for 20+ bucks.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
You or anyone else have a link to the exact aftermarket batteries they are using?

I tried several times to find a compatible substitute.

Hitachi had some that looked very similar, and I remember someone mentioning Hitachi before, but that's as far as I got.

Nicad battery packs like these are only as good as it's cells are.

The cells themselves can be easily swapped out for better quality ones if the pack can be opened without damaging it.

One could go as high quality as they want and do it cheaper than buying another shitty one from them.

Looks like you can get 2 or 3 complete sets of higher quality batteries for 20+ bucks.
Google it and use a hacksaw for the Ryobi battery to make contact.
IMG_4419[1].JPG
IMG_4420[1].JPG

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
Jimsteam, how long have you been running that 18 volt?

You can make the ryobi 18 fit without bungee, however the stock betteries will no longer click in. You have to Dremel out the stock latch bar and dremel the sides for ryobi latches to latch on.

HD sell charger and the 1.3wh (102) for $59

The upgraded 1.5 (103) has a fuel gauge that would be nice.

The protection is built into the ryobi battery to keep it from over draining(kill it) and too much heat(explode into flames)

The question is how long the IPS 12 volt variable speed trigger and motor will last on 18 volt batteries

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Jimsteam, how long have you been running that 18 volt?

You can make the ryobi 18 fit without bungee, however the stock betteries will no longer click in. You have to Dremel out the stock latch bar and dremel the sides for ryobi latches to latch on.

HD sell charger and the 1.3wh (102) for $59

The upgraded 1.5 (103) has a fuel gauge that would be nice.

The protection is built into the ryobi battery to keep it from over draining(kill it) and too much heat(explode into flames)

The question is how long the IPS 12 volt variable speed trigger and motor will last on 18 volt batteries

Good question and great tip!

I have the 103 with the fuel gauge at my trailer up north.

Have not heard of anyone that has the ryobi and lost the trigger.

Breeze

Nov 28, 2014
Real Name
Raymond Fabrizio
My IPS is great. Batteries last a long time. I only use it for upholstery, deodorizer , Scotchgard & tile. I did change the seals,and rinse it most of the time. A charge last me about a week. I couldn't imagine going back to a pump up

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I know you can do this... open it up and install a 1.35 amps resettable fuse in the negative side between the battery terminal and the pump terminal. that will cause a voltage drop of at least 30% then you can use your 18 volt batteries without burning the pump.

diag629.jpg

Reactions: Jimsteam

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Use a 150-200$ really nice pump up and you won't care about a 2-3gal electric sprayer anymore.

They take like 3-5 solid pumps when full and the pressure lasts forever.

It's just so many cleaners have used plastic entry level ones that they don't like them, even the b&g at jon don isn't great.

Look on Amazon for stainless commercial pump sprayer and you'll see the real ones I'm talking about

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Use a 150-200$ really nice pump up and you won't care about a 2-3gal electric sprayer anymore.

They take like 3-5 solid pumps when full and the pressure lasts forever.

It's just so many cleaners have used plastic entry level ones that they don't like them, even the b&g at jon don isn't great.

Look on Amazon for stainless commercial pump sprayer and you'll see the real ones I'm talking about

But your limited to 2-3 gallons.

Reactions: Allied and Jimsteam