IPS Pro Sprayer Issues!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

IPS Pro Sprayer Issues!!

Feb 2, 2016
Real Name
John
I have invested $600 in two IPS Pro Sprayers in the last 12.5 months. I have purchased two sprayers new seals, etc. My first sprayer stopped spraying with any pressure after about 4 months. I purchased a new sprayer along with a new seal kit for the first one, thinking I could have a backup sprayer. I replaced the seal kit in the first one but could not get it to spray with any kind of pressure. The new sprayer was working well so I marched on with life. Now I have 4 dead batteries and no sprayer at all. I have contacted the company with a quick response at first but no response on my last 3 emails and no phone number to call. I started to purchase two new batteries this morning, but once in the cart the bill with shipping was $80 (I did not purchase thinking there has to be a better answer). So approx $700 to have one functioning sprayer in a little over a year??

Is this operator error??
Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I have invested $600 in two IPS Pro Sprayers in the last 12.5 months. I have purchased two sprayers new seals, etc. My first sprayer stopped spraying with any pressure after about 4 months. I purchased a new sprayer along with a new seal kit for the first one, thinking I could have a backup sprayer. I replaced the seal kit in the first one but could not get it to spray with any kind of pressure. The new sprayer was working well so I marched on with life. Now I have 4 dead batteries and no sprayer at all. I have contacted the company with a quick response at first but no response on my last 3 emails and no phone number to call. I started to purchase two new batteries this morning, but once in the cart the bill with shipping was $80 (I did not purchase thinking there has to be a better answer). So approx $700 to have one functioning sprayer in a little over a year??

Is this operator error??
Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an IPS and a Worx. As much as I would like for them to work properly, they're completely unreliable. The batteries on the IPS are weak. Just so you know, if you don't mind being a bit of a hack, the Ryobi batteries sorta fit the IPS, meaning they work but the they don't sit flush on the gun.

Feb 2, 2016
Real Name
John
FYI - the company has sent me two new batteries even though the six-month warranty was past. I am very grateful that they have done that. I just need to figure out a way to keep the batteries from running down.

caycesch

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
c
Business Location
United States
My batteries constantly die.
Tired of buying new batteries and they aren't cheap

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Can you bring your charger with you and charge on customers front porch every job while cleaning ?

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Even though everything in this industry is expensive, be thankful it is. There would be soooo many more hacks out there if stuff was cheaper. More competition, etc.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Is this operator error??
Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an IPS and a Worx. As much as I would like for them to work properly, they're completely unreliable. The batteries on the IPS are weak. Just so you know, if you don't mind being a bit of a hack, the Ryobi batteries sorta fit the IPS, meaning they work but the they don't sit flush on the gun.

IMO IPS ..... was not ready for our business . From seals to durability to batteries.
I also bought the upgraded seal kit thinking that was the issue of low pressure. ended up being the charger or battery.
Little hacking and a bungee cord a Ryobi battery will last for weeks plus has twice the PSI . .

Feb 2, 2016
Real Name
John
Can you bring your charger with you and charge on customers front porch every job while cleaning ?

The last 2 months, that is exactly what I did. They got to the point where it would only hold a charge for a minute or less. I have been using a backpack sprayer the last few days, which is not so bad.

Any thoughts on how to prevent the batteries from slowly dying?

cleanimage

Sep 12, 2006
Those of you using the ryobi batteries, are you using the 18 or 12 volt. I bought a 18 volt lithium and it fits and runs, and with a little Dremel modification it fit correct.

I know there 2 month delay was the new 1.8 batteries were help up in customs. Don't know if this new batch works better.

I agree. The stock 12 volt batteries immediate lose power and with that u lose pressure. If the trigger speed control could handle 18 volts, it would be a beast

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Why would you continue you buy more ips sprayers? Cut your losses and move on.
www.ruralking.com 5 gallon battery sprayer on wheels. Last time I checked they were $80

Seems they don't have the one I bought but they do have a fimco one for $149 on wheels. The one I bought I put a 100 psi pump on it to really spray out areas for bonnet cleaning.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2016
Real Name
John
When the IPS Sprayer is working correctly, it is so convenient, I Love It. I am a low moisture cleaner and pre-spray every job, every sq ft.

I stopped using the Rocket Sprayer that I had used for years when I purchased the IPS. The battery seems to be the only issue.

I will definitely try the Ryobi battery.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I picked up 12 new IPS sprayers for the show if anyone wants one let me know. They sell fast and there will be no more for awhile again.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
When the IPS Sprayer is working correctly, it is so convenient, I Love It. I am a low moisture cleaner and pre-spray every job, every sq ft.

I stopped using the Rocket Sprayer that I had used for years when I purchased the IPS. The battery seems to be the only issue.

I will definitely try the Ryobi battery.

Buy the worx instead.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The IPS is a POS lol. I never bought one just based on the type of battery they use.. why on earth would they not use a li ion.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
For carpets just go back to the hydro force, I wander away from the inline sprayer every few years and always end up back at the good old hydro force.

For protector, upholstery, etc quit being lazy and get a really nice pump up.

They have super high quality industrial stainless pump up sprayers for the same price as an IPS and they will last you the entire life of your business.

They look 100x more professional too

Reactions: Scott Kaun

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Yep hate to say IT, 26 years, I use inline Hydro-Force, old great condition B&G I believe, find ONE at garage sale $5, had parts to fix my old 1, worked quite well at my $738 church job today AND everyday!! My arms are in great shape for almost 51 years old. I look at it as I'm in BETTER shape than most 25 year olds TODAY, ha

Reactions: Chris Bernhardt

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bg-sprayer-gallon-xr-gun-18-in-wand-n200s-p-9681.html

I think I might use one of these and see if it lasts any longer than the sprayers I have been using.

My Hudson electric sprayer bit the dust. Will not stay charged. I am thoroughly frustrated with sprayers. They are critical to our business but I can't find one that will withstand the chemicals. I had rather go to Home Depot and buy the $20 ones and throw them away at the end of the cleaning season and just plan on buying one or two throughout the year.

Reactions: Scott Kaun

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Even though everything in this industry is expensive, be thankful it is. There would be soooo many more hacks out there if stuff was cheaper. More competition, etc.

Please explain this better. Are you saying all this big fish in a small ass pond we call our industry is not only acceptable but the best we can hope for?