IPS Pro Sprayer - Do they make an otterbox for this thing?

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
Don't get me wrong, I love it. Had it about 6 weeks. Just dropped it for the first time from a couple feet and it broke. I'll take it apart tonight, I'm hoping the pump head just needs to be replaced. If that's the case, I'm buying 2...one as a backup. I'm glad I still keep the inline sprayer with me. But this certainly needs to be taken into consideration before buying.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Don't get me wrong, I love it. Had it about 6 weeks. Just dropped it for the first time from a couple feet and it broke. I'll take it apart tonight, I'm hoping the pump head just needs to be replaced. If that's the case, I'm buying 2...one as a backup. I'm glad I still keep the inline sprayer with me. But this certainly needs to be taken into consideration before buying.
Do you charge the battery,s the night before. I lose the full charge if I do.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I think this type of battery does best if it is fully diischarged before being recharged. Otherwise gets a "memory" and will not fully charge. They are ni-cad batteries.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Leaving the battery in the charger overnight is not a good idea at all. This battery takes an hour to charge, who doesn't have an hour at home?
8am or even a 9am job in the morning comes quit earlier and who wants to get up early to charge a battery or 2 ? Quick cup of joe and I'm on the road.
If the truck is at the shop ?? Your fooked.
They need to change the battery system that it is set up like nearly ALL cordless power tools, it is a tool after all .
Place it on charge and forget about it .
@Jose Holguin I have the IPS and used it today on my 2 nd job with the OP machine and will again tomorrow . I am just just careful how it is handled (fragile) and rinse it out every night since we all use solvents at one time or another.
At $200 plus I would not ever buy another. My $100 hudson doesn't need the TLC and has the proper battery set up.
The claim of 90 psi is hogwash unless we are using a .01 nozzle or less. Common with all pump manufacturers.
Great warranty but damn I don't want to deal with products that aren't quite ready for our industry.
Not sure why you or anyone would defend this product so adamantly.

Last edited:

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Is this the thread where I post that video of an IPS battery starting to catch fire? Or is that a bad idea? Ok, it's a bad Idea, Carry on with your Bonzer chat and IPS support. I need to go buy a new Samsung 7 phone.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
wait this sprayer doesnt have a cut off charger for the battery?

is there a light that goes from red to green? if so it should be cut off at that point like most chargers.

right when you get anything with these batteries you want to completely discharge it then fully charge it a few times

Reactions: Jimsteam

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
Used the hydra-force on a trashed condo yesterday...realized I've been missing it. Had plenty of time to agitate with the 175 without worrying about pre-spray drying. But missed the IPS when it came time to add protector. I think once I get the pump head and have both again, I'll use the inline any time I have to use rotary agitation (a lot) and the electric for deodorizer, protector, upholstery and carpet that a rake is adequate to work in the pre-spray...or if I had a helper and we could move faster.

Reactions: Scott W