Invoicing question | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Invoicing question

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
I have to invoice a client every four weeks. We service the property Mon-Friday so no wknd service. Would this be N20 or N28? It’s odd I know but it’s what they’re asking for I’m not an account by any means lol.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you are billing for 20 days work at a time. Usually the standard is a net 30 but you can do what ever you want.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Sounds like you are billing for 20 days work at a time. Usually the standard is a net 30 but you can do what ever you want.
N30=30 serviced days which would be equivalent to 6 weeks excluding the weeknds or 30 working/non-working days which would include the wknds?

I always thought it was 30 rolling working/non working days. However, now I’m questioning this since he’s ask me to invoice every four weeks exactly. I’m so confused. I told him this is unusual but he insist. I’ve never had a customer ask me to invoice every four weeks it’s either biwkly or monthly.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
In most situations, Net 30s refer not to the number of invoices during that time, but the period of time between when the billing cycle starts and when it ends.

So if you're working the property five days per week, you're invoicing 20 days out of each 30, essentially, but the bill isn't due until all 30 days of that period have elapsed. Kinda like payroll - it may start and end on Sundays, even if your employees have weekends off.