Introduction

Steamy_Steve

Jan 9, 2018
Real Name
Stephen King
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been cleaning carpets for around 8 years going on the 4th year of owning my own company in 2018. I've been browsing around TMF every since I started my own business and I cannot thank everyone enough for all the shared knowledge and the occasional laugh. I would certainly say TMF has had a large part in the growth and success of my business. Looking forward to being an active part of the TMF community!

Stephen

Steamy_Steve

Jan 9, 2018
Real Name
Stephen King
Ok, Well i'm 30 years old living in eastern North Carolina. Full time carpet cleaner and also an infantryman in the Army National Guard. My company uses El Diablos and Judsons. I'm a huge fan of Judson Truckmounts. We also clean upholstery and tile. In the past year I have gotten more into water damage which I just wrote a question in that forum. Last year I took the WRT and Reets Drying Academy course in GA. I really enjoy traveling around to take different certification classes and see new cities when possible.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been cleaning carpets for around 8 years going on the 4th year of owning my own company in 2018. I've been browsing around TMF every since I started my own business and I cannot thank everyone enough for all the shared knowledge and the occasional laugh. I would certainly say TMF has had a large part in the growth and success of my business. Looking forward to being an active part of the TMF community!

Stephen
Welcome, Steamy-Steve. Glad we could help.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Ok, Well i'm 30 years old living in eastern North Carolina. Full time carpet cleaner and also an infantryman in the Army National Guard. My company uses El Diablos and Judsons. I'm a huge fan of Judson Truckmounts. We also clean upholstery and tile. In the past year I have gotten more into water damage which I just wrote a question in that forum. Last year I took the WRT and Reets Drying Academy course in GA. I really enjoy traveling around to take different certification classes and see new cities when possible.

I provided water damage restoration for many, many years, Steven. It was once very lucrative when I was up in New York. Not so much anymore. Not sure if you have oil heat up there in Eastern North Carolina, but if you do then I HIGHLY recommend that you get into doing soot removal (puff backs) and fire damage restoration as well as there is far more money in light puff backs than anything else.

Reactions: Steamy_Steve

Steamy_Steve

Jan 9, 2018
Real Name
Stephen King
@OldCarpetVet Thank you ! The only puff back soot removal I've done is from my own diesel heater in my garage haha. There's a few here and there but not many left. I've never looked much into fire restoration in time i'm sure it's a class I'd like to take to learn more on. Most of our business is in Carpet and Upholstery however my lead tech has many years of experience in construction as well as a degree in construction which has made the move into water damage much easier. I may have a question for you sometime on water damage. All the books smarts are nice to have but half of it seems to go out the window on some jobs.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
@OldCarpetVet Thank you ! The only puff back soot removal I've done is from my own diesel heater in my garage haha. There's a few here and there but not many left. I've never looked much into fire restoration in time i'm sure it's a class I'd like to take to learn more on. Most of our business is in Carpet and Upholstery however my lead tech has many years of experience in construction as well as a degree in construction which has made the move into water damage much easier. I may have a question for you sometime on water damage. All the books smarts are nice to have but half of it seems to go out the window on some jobs.
I would be more than happy to answer any question that you might have.

Reactions: Steamy_Steve

topfeel1

Aug 11, 2018
MI
Real Name
Harry Ward
Hello Everyone,

I'm Harry from Michigan. It feels great to be here and l hope to make new friends, learn and also enjoy the knowledge of other members. Thanks:):):)

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Hello Everyone,

I'm Harry from Michigan. It feels great to be here and l hope to make new friends, learn and also enjoy the knowledge of other members. Thanks:):):)
Welcome, Harry. Stick around and learn. There's a whole lot of very knowledgeable folks here.

Reactions: topfeel1

topfeel1

Aug 11, 2018
MI
Real Name
Harry Ward
Greetings, Harry. What area of Michigan are you from? What is your background and experience level in carpet cleaning? Tell us something about your business.
Well, I have familiarized myself with and used some cleaning materials and tools over the years. All thanks to my lovely wife, I learned some basics of general duties like dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, and completing other tasks and this has given me a robust and comprehensive understanding of the hospitality sector. I hope for a better chance of elevating my prospects to a full time professional...