Internet Presence - Starting from scratch advice please! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Internet Presence - Starting from scratch advice please!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Im hoping that this thread may help new companies develop an internet marketing strategy. But my situation is a bit different.

I understand that most companies use advertising to get more business and grow. But here is where I am at.

I started in 1981 and back then Yellow pages was the main source of advertising. A couple years ago we dropped that and this past spring I worked on developing a website which was finally put up in fall. The initial purpose of the website was not to get more customers but to have people visually see what I do. That way if I was talking to a potential customer on the phone and explaining the process, I could simply tell them that they could view it online at the website. (even though I try to explain things so they understand it, it is more impacting if they can see it) Eventually the intention is that it will be a go to place for my customers for any carpet questions (spotting/care, etc)

Now that the website is up and on Google, I am realizing that for a long time I have really had no exposure to new potential customers and the advertising game has changed immensely. Online presence is the way to go, but keep in mind that I really cant handle a whole new bunch of business. The purpose is solely to have an online presence. In other words, I dont need to be in the top five of Google search or even on the first page. I just have to be there.

The problem is that I have limited knowledge about the internet exposure. I have a Linkin account but that is it. No Facebook, etc. A quick look on this site found several places to get involved in like Brownbook.net.

So I have two questions.

1. What online sites are the best to have a presence and what do I do once I have them?
2. I will be sending out a letter to all my customers soon letting them know about the website. In the letter I also wanted to have them give me an online review. Since most of my customers are older, I may need to give them step by step instructions on how to do that.

thank you!