Interlink or Jondon

Kleenz

Nov 15, 2010
MO
Real Name
Dale Martin
Business Location
United States
Going to buy a new tm. Are interlink and Jondon pretty equal as far as pricing and service etc. Interlink location is about 80 miles away and Jondon about 220 miles. I just dont have closer options No local dealer How about lease/finance ability between them.(personal and biz credit good btw)

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
www.mountainviewcarpetcare.com
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
would only use interlink if they gave me a better deal. check to make sure each has what you want. generally pro chem and hydramaster lock down service areas and won't have two businesses selling the same products. 220 miles might be far enough away that doesn't apply

in general jon don has ALWAYS provided better service, sales and atmosphere than interlink

at least in my area

if you buy in cash 15-20% off list can be done....usually

not sure on loans. all would depend on your credit. i would REALLY try to secure the money before i went in so you can talk price. if you don't you'll be at their mercy

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
In the Philadelphia area, I like Jon-Don. I HATE INTERLINK (SCHAPER'S), because of there service dept. They only want to do the easy jobs. If its a job they like, they get you in, if its something they don't like, they say we can't get you in till next week, hoping you'll call someone else. Never a problem with Jon-Don.

XM_Industries

Aug 11, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Brent Armstrong
Business Location
United States
Considering they are both represented on this board, I think It's going to come down to your local stores. Both companies have stores that people love and stores that people hate. Call them both, see which one will spend time on the phone with you answering your questions. The one that is most helpful when your not a customer will probably be the one most helpful when you are a customer.

Reactions: Bob S

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Going to buy a new tm. Are interlink and Jondon pretty equal as far as pricing and service etc. Interlink location is about 80 miles away and Jondon about 220 miles. I just dont have closer options No local dealer How about lease/finance ability between them.(personal and biz credit good btw)
Obviously I work for Interlink, so I am sure you can find some bias.

Many of the products sold are going to be the same in both locations. A Prochem / Hydramaster / Sapphire Scientific (or whatever ) is going to be the same at Jon-Don or Interlink Supply.

Any unit has the possibility of some mechanical bugs to work out. So, expect a trip or two to make some adjustments or fine tuning. Maybe it won't be needed, but if it is, I would rather have an 80 mile drive to get this done.

Then repeat that any time you need maintenance and repairs.

The experience and skill level and even the number of mechanics available will be different at different locations. all the mechanics at Interlink Supply are regularly getting training updates. I assume it is similar with Jon-Don.

Some Interlink Supply locations are corporate owned others are locally owned. If you have issues with any of them, I am available to help work things out. I do have more influence on the corporate locations.

I think you would be treated well by either company at any location.

Where I do see a big difference is in the financing options. Interlink Supply has a direct relationship with Interlink Financial Services. That means they have an internal source of financing and do not need to depend upon decisions made by a broker outside the company.

The Interlink Financial people know our industry. They have more creative and flexible lease and loans arrangements that any other funding source. For example, a plan where your first 6 payments for van and truckmount are only $99. This gives you a chance to get going and build up business before larger payments are due. There is also a financing plan to pay 9 months a year. No payments due in whatever may be your slow months.

Many Interlink Financial arrangements also include free routine service and maintenance for 2 years. That can add up to a lot of value in oil changes, belts and so forth.

Kleenz

Nov 15, 2010
MO
Real Name
Dale Martin
Business Location
United States
Thanks Scott... I did not know Interlink provided the van/equipment package. I've been van shopping, but it looks like Interlink discounts Chevy vans as well as the dealers I've checked on. Going to fill and send app today.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
In the Philadelphia area, I like Jon-Don. I HATE INTERLINK (SCHAPHER'S), because of there service dept. They only want to do the easy jobs. If its a job they like, they get you in, if its something they don't like, they say we can't get you in till next week, hoping you'll call someone else. Never a problem with Jon-Don.
YOu dont like going to the ghetto? ahaha

Reactions: Gasoline

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
I really like Scott. He give great information and will help anyone. If he was local I would use him, but my local Interlink store STINKS!!!!!! so I use Jon-Don.
Nick

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Nick - Please, send me a PM or email and let me know what issues you have had with your local Interlink Supply. I will see what I can do to correct problems and be sure it doesn't happen again. Would love to have your business back some day.

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
I would buy a machine from the closest supplier. 220 miles is no joke for warranty work. Shoot, that would be an overnighter for me.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Jon-Don....Great customer service, fair prices, extensive inventory and training programs!:)

sabr.

Classicboss

Jul 30, 2008
Ithaca, New York
www.classiccarpetcareservice.com
Real Name
Dan Langendoerfer
Business Location
United States
Ok, here's my opinion and it's about 50/50. I have been doing business with Jon-Don since about 1995, They have always been real good to me, I've even been to Langhorne a couple of times but that is about 6 hours away from me those guys are real good for service! My local interlink supplier is about 2 1/2 hours away from me and they are also nice people however the service is pretty slow when having your truck looked at and don't plan any work for awhile... I have been waiting about 5 weeks for my new truck mount now...( they say it will be ready for pick up this coming week) I purchased the van from an interlink pool and it took 3 weeks just to arrive at the local dealer??? ok I really needed this new truck 3 weeks ago, I could get by now with just the one, however I am a man of my word and continue to look forward to the new unit, I will keep it busy. Scott W. is a stand up guy and a true professional. Regardless I like my interlink supplier they have been good to me that's why I have purchased another unit from them. I have thought about looking into a distributorship for my area as there is nothing really local/ convenient in my surrounding area, who wants to drive 2 - 3 hours just for a machine maintenance and they take all day doing it while you sit around doing nothing... That's why I maintain my own equipment. Scott here's a new twist for you... why not have satellite stores in smaller areas so locals can get their supplies and order up machines plus get their machines maintained as needed... just a thought. Whichever you decide I don't think you will go wrong. good luck and good shopping.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Scott here's a new twist for you... why not have satellite stores in smaller areas so locals can get their supplies and order up machines plus get their machines maintained as needed... just a thought.
That is a good idea. A few of our distributors do that. Since the distributors are each locally owned, it is up to the closest store if they want to open a satellite territory. Then can do so if it does not get into another distributors territory and if they think it will make a profit.

If you are serious about having a distributorship in your area, send me an email.

kelly m

Nov 30, 2009
Utah
Real Name
Kelly McCloy
Business Location
United States
interlink has always treated me right...i like todd and shane and even scott sometimes...lol jk of course...i dont actually think they will let me be a ddistributor though..lol

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
I use Interlink in KC great people there but they have a monopoly in this area. But IMHO I would use interlink just because of your drive. That being said at least get a quote from Jon Don. Then u can at least price compare. Seems like both are willing to beat eachothers prices. Go start a price war my friend. LOL.

kelly m

Nov 30, 2009
Utah
Real Name
Kelly McCloy
Business Location
United States
in fact i would truely be amazed if i actually would be considered for such an oppurtunity....imagine....lol...rotfl...i still love ya scott btw stop down one day and check out what i like to call....the boxxer 429...i bet you might be intriqued

Latest posts