Interlink in Denver renting truckmounts.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I just got a post card from interlink in Denver. They are renting vans with truckmounts in case yours breaks down or you got a busy week. I don't know what they charge?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Salt Lake and a couple of other locations rent vans and truckmounts as well as all kinds of other equipment.

A few more van and truckmount rental locations will be added each month.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I just talked to interlink in Denver they are charging $200 per day and a buck a mile. Might be worth it if you got a busy day.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Wow this is awesome! Any of the California locations doing Truckmounted rentals?
I don't have the list right in front of me. We currently have 5 locations doing truckmount and van rentals. Adding about 1 location per month. I think they do have at least one in California. If not, they will eventually.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Yea, my stomping ground is about 40 miles from local intrrlink. So another 80 dollars just to pick it up and drop it off.
So $280 before you even start cleaning. You would have to be doing $700 just to break even after all other business expenses. Anything less than a $700 day and you are better of sitting home doing nothing.

Just in my opinion, $200 plus mileage is too much. Pretty much takes all the days profit. If you are making 40% profit that’s $200 profit per day based on a $500 day. If you are paying $250+ for truckmount rental you are losing money based on a $500 day. I can see a flat $200 per day rental with no mileage or maybe $100 per day plus mileage & hours.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
So $280 before you even start cleaning. You would have to be doing $700 just to break even after all other business expenses. Anything less than a $700 day and you are better of sitting home doing nothing.

Just in my opinion, $200 plus mileage is too much. Pretty much takes all the days profit. If you are making 40% profit that’s $200 profit per day based on a $500 day. If you are paying $250+ for truckmount rental you are losing money based on a $500 day. I can see a flat $200 per day rental with no mileage or maybe $100 per day plus mileage & hours.
I agree with you. But on the other hand, they rent out portables for I think $80-$100/day. Cimex $50/day. And those are only worth a couple grand each. These vans are new express vans with an SS370. So it's worth at least $50k. Idk... hopefully they don't get abused too. I bet there is an additional fee you can pay for accidental damage insurance or something that brings the rate even higher.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I agree with you. But on the other hand, they rent out portables for I think $80-$100/day. Cimex $50/day. And those are only worth a couple grand each. These vans are new express vans with an SS370. So it's worth at least $50k. Idk... hopefully they don't get abused too. I bet there is an additional fee you can pay for accidental damage insurance or something that brings the rate even higher.
If they are brand new vans and truckmounts interlink is going to have a hard time charging any less.

There has to be a happy medium where Interlink can make money while allowing the cleaner to make some profit as well.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com

That view is of the guy whose truckmount is running fine. $200 may not be profitable. But it can keep you from losing key customers when your equipment is unexpectedly down.

New equipment depreciates pretty quickly. Many days it will be sitting. But it is there when you need it. Compare this to a dehumidifier. Purchase cost might be $2,000. Rental fee of $150 per day. That dehu may also sit in storage most days. But when you rent it out It pays for itself in about 12 days. New van and truckmount costs about $50,000. At $200 a day it would take 250 rental days to pay for! A bargain compared to the dehu rental price.

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
If they are brand new vans and truckmounts interlink is going to have a hard time charging any less.

There has to be a happy medium where Interlink can make money while allowing the cleaner to make some profit as well.
Yes Todd, but sometimes it's not all about the money, it's keeping our customers happy and bad reviews at bay when one of those nasty days happen, poeple are ready to turn in the house to the landlord next day and out TM is out for at least 3days, money lost and bad reviews on yelp.