Interesting ZeroRez Video. Take a look at how they clean carpets.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Wow. So wrong on so many levels... You guys should focus more on your own business instead of trying to figure out another companies strategy. Zerorez is highly successful. I know many of the owners and they produce millions because they've found a great marketing vehicle and variable that cannot be copied.

Do any of you personally know any of the owners? Have you seen their process? Have you looked in their trucks? ........... Probably not. I hate seeing people talk poorly of other businesses based on fictional opinions. It's distasteful and low class.

To answer your question, I know of one in a nearby area that is going out of business. So much for your "millions" theory, righteous one.

I also said that I don't consider them a threat at all. They are not one of the more prevalent names in my area. The criticism here is that their "great marketing vehicle" is not so great. Do you honestly think customers are going to buy that nonsense about "special water"? LOL. They hardly believe one cleaning process is better than another, let alone that the quality of the water is important. Whoever came up with the idea, is a moron. Whoever buys into this franchise, which strangles its owners into a losing strategy, is a fool.

I get annoyed with businesses like this because it bothers me that carpet cleaners tend to be so deceitful instead of just being truthful. I don't see the reasoning behind it and I don't think it is necessary to be successful.

BraveHeart

Dec 14, 2010
West of the Mississippi
Real Name
Erik
Business Location
United States
Any carpet cleaning system should be able to stand the test of scrutiny no matter whos marketing it. Sound science and chemistry are the foundations of the biz. If you feel my information is fictional opinion. Please feel free to check the data for yourself and present your opposing view. As a matter of fact i talked to a chemist about this very process. Because i want to know more about it. And his opinion as far as this electrolyzed water process; he did not see any gained advantage at all. Yes as a sanitizer but thats something else. But the idea of just because you make millions or in the case of Bernie Madoff billions; isnt that distasteful? People make millions off of questionable marketing gimmicks all the time. But i digress, if a TMF member just so happens to beat out a ZeroRes dude on a job bid becuz of the info on this thread its been worth while. Information can be the difference between winning a sale or losing one. Instead of saying... i dont know Mr. Customer. You can intelligently present the facts so the customer can make an informed decision.

Attachments

• Andy-Griffith-Show.jpg
    Andy-Griffith-Show.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 304

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Knowing the owners, seeing there trucks or there process has nothing to do with others stating they do not believe there cleaning process is superior or has any other benefits over HWE. Posts describe chemicals and cleaning advantages and disadvantages. Knowing the owners, seeing there trucks or there process will not make us believe there cleaning process is superior. As someone already stated a side by side cleaning comparison will tell the truth.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I had to sign up when i read this silly thread. These guys make me laugh.... I do not yet work for zero rez but am seeking to work with them in AZ. I have worked for a company that copied the system in every way. from the trucks to the water. I have also worked with standard slide ins and the hydramaster pto vans. I can say from experience that these zero rez rigs have the strongest blowers known to carpet cleaning. I do NOT! advocate the diesel burners though they cause too many problems. as for the water My boss spent over 30k on the electrolyzing water system and it was worth every penny. this water can clean as good as most extraction detergents and leave nothing behind.

you cant sit back and mock the technology without seeing it first hand.. zero rez was first on the forefront of the future of steam cleaning. however the chevy 4500 trucks are a terrible maintenance burden and prone to breakdowns.. by far the best truck in the fleet of my employer is a UD with the aerotech machine.. with the heat exchanger not the burner. the blower is not as strong as the chevy but you do not need more hg then the aerotech provides.. if i ever come to a point in my life where i can start my own business its the aerotech truck for me.

fyi side by side a zero rez cleaning will put any van mount to absolute shame and the cleaning will last twice as long.

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
My biggest complaint is there radio advertising, they trash on every other carpet cleaning method like they are the only ones that can do a good job! It has made me hate them! everytime I hear those ads I want to pee in they're gas tanks!! suckas

[email protected]

May 12, 2012
Kansas
Real Name
Tom Binyon
Business Location
United States
I had to sign up when i read this silly thread. These guys make me laugh.... I do not yet work for zero rez but am seeking to work with them in AZ. I have worked for a company that copied the system in every way. from the trucks to the water. I have also worked with standard slide ins and the hydramaster pto vans. I can say from experience that these zero rez rigs have the strongest blowers known to carpet cleaning. I do NOT! advocate the diesel burners though they cause too many problems. as for the water My boss spent over 30k on the electrolyzing water system and it was worth every penny. this water can clean as good as most extraction detergents and leave nothing behind.

you cant sit back and mock the technology without seeing it first hand.. zero rez was first on the forefront of the future of steam cleaning. however the chevy 4500 trucks are a terrible maintenance burden and prone to breakdowns.. by far the best truck in the fleet of my employer is a UD with the aerotech machine.. with the heat exchanger not the burner. the blower is not as strong as the chevy but you do not need more hg then the aerotech provides.. if i ever come to a point in my life where i can start my own business its the aerotech truck for me.

fyi side by side a zero rez cleaning will put any van mount to absolute shame and the cleaning will last twice as long.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this electrolyzing water system in the truck or do you bring the water to the job? Next question: Are you saying that there are no chemicals used by Zerorez? They only use "electrolyzed" water? I'm fixin to have a discussion with my next door neighbor who just happens to be a chemical engineer. If this magic water works so well, why not patent it and hire those infomercial guys to sell it for $19.99 as a miracle stain remover.

Reactions: john martinez

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
My biggest complaint is there radio advertising, they trash on every other carpet cleaning method like they are the only ones that can do a good job! It has made me hate them! everytime I hear those ads I want to pee in they're gas tanks!! suckas

Don't take it so personal that is called marketing and finding the way to take clients from competitors. And to make them believe your method is better. just attack them the same way and use them as platform for your biz.

everything has a weakness find theirs and spread the word all over their target territory. They can get you to book higher priced jobs since they are very expensive.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Wow. So wrong on so many levels... You guys should focus more on your own business instead of trying to figure out another companies strategy. Zerorez is highly successful. I know many of the owners and they produce millions because they've found a great marketing vehicle and variable that cannot be copied.

Do any of you personally know any of the owners? Have you seen their process? Have you looked in their trucks? ........... Probably not. I hate seeing people talk poorly of other businesses based on fictional opinions. It's distasteful and low class.
Zerorez in Tampa went belly up twice, I think the guys behind zerorez are the same guys behind the failed Venturi franchise.

May 15, 2017
Real Name
Brandon Smith
To answer your question, I know of one in a nearby area that is going out of business. So much for your "millions" theory, righteous one.

I also said that I don't consider them a threat at all. They are not one of the more prevalent names in my area. The criticism here is that their "great marketing vehicle" is not so great. Do you honestly think customers are going to buy that nonsense about "special water"? LOL. They hardly believe one cleaning process is better than another, let alone that the quality of the water is important. Whoever came up with the idea, is a moron. Whoever buys into this franchise, which strangles its owners into a losing strategy, is a fool.

I get annoyed with businesses like this because it bothers me that carpet cleaners tend to be so deceitful instead of just being truthful. I don't see the reasoning behind it and I don't think it is necessary to be successful.
exactly, thats why i cant stand stand zerorez, because of the fact that they are just decietful with customers and they smear compitition...they also do publicity stunts like starting forrest fires and then putting them out with their pre-sprayer lol...then having the news report on it...they are just decietful bastards all around...which drives me nuts because its not necessary at all....there is enough work out there.

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
LOL. So funny the synchronicity! My buddy just called me from SOcal today asking me all kinds of carpet cleaning questions because he was having this same company come to service is home. They told him that he has to vacuum before they arrive first of all. Which is ok if its just a recommendation but I never assume that the client will vacuum to the degree that I will, so I vacuum anyway. He will let me know if they did or not? In my friends ignorance of carpet cleaning, he asked them if they use chemicals on the carpet, in which they said they use Alkaline water..... So yes would have been the correct response. Curious myself to here of the results from my friend? Said he was going to take before and after pics.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I worked at a car wash as a teenager and the big gimmick there was hot reverse osmosis water. I bet that's what Zerorez is doing. Or something similar. Supposedly hot reverse osmosis water cleans better and with little or no chemical.

If there were such a thing as miracle water my back wouldn't hurt every morning. :)

I have seen that truck for sell at Jon Don and researched it a little. It's a pretty impressive machine. Then I looked at their website. It looks slick but when you read it it does not sound very professional to me. Corporate has a template website, and then all the franchises use the template, and they all look exactly the same.
So, if i use cold ro water, and heat it, are you saying it can clean better than just plain old any water? I actually buy my drinking water 5 gallons of ro water for $1.25.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
So, if i use cold ro water, and heat it, are you saying it can clean better than just plain old any water? I actually buy my drinking water 5 gallons of ro water for $1.25.

Not a scientific explanation,but goo description for the layman.

Water want to dissolve things. The less "Stuff" there is in the water, the hungrier the water is to dissolve something. RO water has the least amount of "anything but water" in it. So, it is the hungriest water to dissolve anything. This includes dissolving soil faster.

That would be very important if you were cleaning with water only. However, once you add presprays, rinse or whatever, what was RO water is no longer just hungry RO water with nothing in it. It still may dissolve things a little better than soft water, but the advantage becomes very small.

Reactions: StevenB.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

Water want to dissolve things. The less "Stuff" there is in the water, the hungrier the water is to dissolve something. RO water has the least amount of "anything but water" in it. So, it is the hungriest water to dissolve anything. This includes dissolving soil faster.

That would be very important if you were cleaning with water only. However, once you add presprays, rinse or whatever, what was RO water is no longer just hungry RO water with nothing in it. It still may dissolve things a little better than soft water, but the advantage becomes very small.

Ok. Nice. If one extracts with it, without an acid or alkaline rinse, then maybe it could extract/rinse the carpet better?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Ok. Nice. If one extracts with it, without an acid or alkaline rinse, then maybe it could extract/rinse the carpet better?
Better than water alone. Not better than a quality rinse solution.

RO is great for windows or car washes as a final rinse with no spots.

Reactions: vibra vacster

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
My grandma used to make this lye stuff in a big black kettle with a fire under it...i think she put pig lard in it????

Now i will say this Zerorez is trying to get fast dry times with no residue!!!!that is the goal.....
If their ph is 11 it will clean..but still may need a prespray....

Not much different thn using a low alcaline prespray like Robs secret formula and rinsing with water or fiber rinse.....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have said this for years in our industry that we are stuck in a pre glide mindset that says we cant have large vacuum and large gpm on our wands!!!!!and tools.....zipper, bonzer

There is a way to clean carpet with very littLe or no prespray and little or no ph rinse...or a low ph rinse.....

Its a simple process called Pressure Washing....
Pressure washers have been doing this for 50+++years.....
Vacuum trucks have been around 80-years......

Most CC clean at 1-1.5 gpm
Pressure washers clean at 3-5gpm
Thats 3 times the cleaning power

I have seen pressure washers with no soap no scrubing clean the filthiest driveways..and oily cement.....in record time at
3-5 gpm .......thats no rez?????

So you simply have to double the vacuum and double the pressure and water flow....to around 3 gpm instead of 1gpm

You would basically be pressure washing the carpet!!!!!

they make these vac systems today with 1000cfm.....

Pto or slide in......if you got yhe power unit only...minus the tank it would fit in a standard size van....
https://www.ditchwitch.com/vacuum-excavators
Ibelieve these units are 30-50k.....
But if you baught the power unit only it would be less....

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R

Makes me wonder why people put an RO system in their homes and drink up all those "hungry" things :)