Installing a Prochem Legend?? Help, Suggestions? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I just picked up an older Legend, mounted on a fresh water tank, and I'm looking for any help or suggestions from anyone familiar.
I did the install on my Panther, and this is similar, but bigger and more connections, including a fuel tap.
Any input is welcomed.
Thanks, Ron

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
My truck has the wall separating the drivers seat from the cargo bay, do you guys leave that in, or remove it?
I left it in with my panther, but this unit has a freshwater pump that was mounted on the floor by the drivers seat, and the fuel line came up thru the floor back there too.
If I do that, I wont be able to access them.
I guess I could cut and access hole in the wall.
Suggestions?

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
You can bring the fuel supply through the floor on the other side of the waste tank, the harness should be long enough to do that and, you should be replacing the gas line anyway with a fresh install. You can also move the pump-in to that location by extending the hose. I normally charge more for service with a bulkhead because... they just take more time. If your wall has a door, make sure it is set up to swing in towards the seats because there are other things that need to be serviced regularly back there like the screen and orifice. If the door is held to the wall with rivets, now would be a great time to drill them out and replace them with bolts in case you would need to remove it later for larger repairs. From a mechanics viewpoint, I hate those walls but, I also understand why someone would want them in there.
Another thing you may want to consider before the install is adding a roof vent. A unit on a sub-mount tends to hold more heat because it's closer to the roof.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You can bring the fuel supply through the floor on the other side of the waste tank, the harness should be long enough to do that and, you should be replacing the gas line anyway with a fresh install. You can also move the pump-in to that location by extending the hose. I normally charge more for service with a bulkhead because... they just take more time. If your wall has a door, make sure it is set up to swing in towards the seats because there are other things that need to be serviced regularly back there like the screen and orifice. If the door is held to the wall with rivets, now would be a great time to drill them out and replace them with bolts in case you would need to remove it later for larger repairs. From a mechanics viewpoint, I hate those walls but, I also understand why someone would want them in there.
Another thing you may want to consider before the install is adding a roof vent. A unit on a sub-mount tends to hold more heat because it's closer to the roof.
Do yo think all or most to truckmounts would benefit from a roof vent?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I've seen you post this pic many times and always wondered why you had the waste tank placed that way. I don't know that I ever saw the side pic before....makes sense now.

To OP...
Safety reasons the dividers are nice. Every other reason under the sun they are a pain. When they machines are installed up next to them, you typically can't even remove the heat exchanger without unbolting the machine. total PITA...

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Out of the rain on rainy days
Wash outs are easy with your face over the machine
Easy to do repairs .
Over the axel for wt .
2015-11-09 13.00.02.jpg

Reactions: ronman

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I really hate the wall from an install and maintenance perspective, and I don't see a whole lot of value in it otherwise, except aesthetic.
I'm real tempted to pull it now.
It was so easy getting at the machine in the sellers truck, as I had to do the uninstall and move to my truck myself.
I don't have time to thank everyone personally, but I appreciate the posts and comments.
Keep em coming.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I really hate the wall from an install and maintenance perspective, and I don't see a whole lot of value in it otherwise, except aesthetic.
I'm real tempted to pull it now.
It was so easy getting at the machine in the sellers truck, as I had to do the uninstall and move to my truck myself.
I don't have time to thank everyone personally, but I appreciate the posts and comments.
Keep em coming.
I took the middle section out. I have the same setup.
image.jpeg

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Sunny Days, Your freshwater tank is much wider than mine. That's an idea, but I have a stack of drawers in the cab between the two seats. I hate to give up that storage. But I'm going to pull them this weekend, and see which way my door is hinged. Thanks for the pic and idea!

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Sunny Days, Your freshwater tank is much wider than mine. That's an idea, but I have a stack of drawers in the cab between the two seats. I hate to give up that storage. But I'm going to pull them this weekend, and see which way my door is hinged. Thanks for the pic and idea!
You are going to need the air flow anyways, that's why I took it off. The fumes and heat was killing me.:astronaut:

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
You are going to need the air flow anyways, that's why I took it off. The fumes and heat was killing me.:astronaut:
Yeah, I'm thinking of finding a short 2 drawer unit for the cab, and taking out the door, then it's just a matter of moving the drawer base to service the machine.
Very helpful suggestion, thanks.

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Yeah, I'm thinking of finding a short 2 drawer unit for the cab, and taking out the door, then it's just a matter of moving the drawer base to service the machine.
Very helpful suggestion, thanks.
Your welcome, how old is your Legend. Can you post pictures.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Your welcome, how old is your Legend. Can you post pictures.
I don't know the age, where is the ID plate on those?
I havent found it yet.
It's older, thats all I know, seller was very uninformed, or evasive.
Once I start using the mobile app for TMF I'll post pics, they are in my phone.