Installing a fuel tap. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Installing a fuel tap.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm getting ready to take my Amtex Inferno out of one van, and slide it into another.

Presently it doesn't have a fuel tap. I am planning on doing it myself. I have a 93 Ford 1 ton van if that makes a diffreence.

Looking for any advice or tips please. At least any advice other then, "hire a professional", I"m too cheap for that.:D

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
Johnny,

I bought the fuel tap kit from Cobb for my 2000 Ford 1 ton van. It had all the tube and fittings I needed to get the job done, the whole thing took me about an hour and my Amtex ran great with it drawing from the vans tank through about 10' of hose.

If I remember correctly the kit I bought from Cobb was less than half the cost than the kit from Interlink.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Johnny,

I bought the fuel tap kit from Cobb for my 2000 Ford 1 ton van. It had all the tube and fittings I needed to get the job done, the whole thing took me about an hour and my Amtex ran great with it drawing from the vans tank through about 10' of hose.

If I remember correctly the kit I bought from Cobb was less than half the cost than the kit from Interlink.

Thank you Citrox. Good to see you're still around buddy.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Very easy, obviously u need to drill a hole to run supply line through the floor(protect with a rubber grommet).

Anyways the 1 I had you remove the fill hose , cut it down 2" and throw that baby back together.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
Thank you Citrox. Good to see you're still around buddy.
I did mine by myself with less than $20 worth of hardware from lowes. Give me a call if you want to know how or you could try a search for my thread about it.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm getting ready to take my Amtex Inferno out of one van, and slide it into another.

Presently it doesn't have a fuel tap. I am planning on doing it myself. I have a 93 Ford 1 ton van if that makes a diffreence.

Looking for any advice or tips please. At least any advice other then, "hire a professional", I"m too cheap for that.:D
Here's some ADVISE Johnny.... 'Snuff' yer' Cigar before embarking on this mission!

Jul 8, 2011
Portland
Real Name
Sean Mecham
Business Location
United States
The fuel tap in a Ford Transit is easy. The Transit comes with a fuel tap on top of the tank.

Ford sells a part CK4Z9B210A that plugs right into the tap. Put a fuel hose on and your good. You have to drop the tank to do this, BUT that is really easy!!.

TRICK: Drain the fuel tank. Just take the filler spout off (easy to get o and remove). There is a spring loaded butterfly stop on the tank. Put a bucket under the van...Take a long stick, rod, hose, etc and push the spring butterfly and the fuel comes rushing out!

Support the tank with wood and jack(s).
Mark the straps and the bolts (different lengths). Remove the 6 bolts. Drop the tank. Takes 20 mins. (easier than Ford e250). Hook up fuel line.

PS. If you have a Fuel injected machine you need a return line and most places tap the filler hose for that, because I dont believe they make a fuel tap kit, yet.