Inspecting EI Diablo - What to look for?

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
Sunday I'm going to inspect a van and El Diablo truckmount. It currently has about 800 hours on it and no problems were mentioned. I'm going to look it over Sunday and possibly purchase. I have a good mechanical understanding of them but no experience with the El D specifically.

I was wondering what I should be looking for that would indicate signs of neglect or serious concern???

Should I be concerned with any paperwork on it?

Any and all input is appreciated.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
Sunday I'm going to inspect a van and El Diablo truckmount. It currently has about 800 hours on it and no problems were mentioned. I'm going to look it over Sunday and possibly purchase. I have a good mechanical understanding of them but no experience with the El D specifically.

I was wondering what I should be looking for that would indicate signs of neglect or serious concern???

Look for a Prochem Legend, a much better machine. Take it from me and Rob aka TMF, he just got one. We both been doing this for over 25 years. I still have a Legend 13 year and going.

Reactions: aloha one

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

A blower
an engine and
a water pump.

IF Any one of those is missing , it will not work

Reactions: Steamin' Seaman

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
A blower
an engine and
a water pump.

IF Any one of those is missing , it will not work
You forgot the jalapeños

1427428263_zps211d7f7c.jpg

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I would take a area rug to clean then do your upholstery at low and take your time .
I would then go over it with a strong spot light looking for water and oil leaks .
Run it for 20 to 25 minutes .

Reactions: emeraldclean

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Look for a Prochem Legend, a much better machine. Take it from me and Rob aka TMF, he just got one. We both been doing this for over 25 years. I still have a Legend 13 year and going.
You must not have realized Rob bought an El Diablo for his baddest TM setup on the planet, then bought ANOTHER one for his Nissan van. Nothing wrong with the El Diablo... quality unit with a cat pump, EFI engine and quality materials.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States

I'd just run it under full pressure ~1000psi+ and vacuum capped... check for smoke from the exhaust, pulsation from the solution line, make sure the pressure doesn't drop too much when you trigger a wand and that's about it.

Reactions: Spotless Flooring

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
No problems with mine, other than generator bearings went... Belt was to small from factory. Bearings are sold at most automotive stores, had mine running same day it seized.
Pump cannot run for long time without incoming water... Ruins high pressure seals... Learned the hard way.... 200$ and about 1 work on repair/ new seals..
And it just keeps on kicking ARSE!!!!
I have best reputation on the county for best cleaning,
Other biz around here went from 3 running TM vans... Now down to 1 rigged van, and a trailer set up for back up!!
I like watching my biz grow and others shrink!
Splash and dash will kill you in small community's , word travels fast.

Reactions: Mastertek

Mastertek

Dec 13, 2013
Pick up El Diablo used also . The guy stored it outside on trailer so there was some surface rust issues on the bottom of the frame and muffler . Easily fixed . Look for engine oil leaks and blower front seal leaks . We replaced pressure gauge and vacuum gauges also they had collapse on the inside .
We have serviced all parts since purchased and are very happy with its outstanding perfomance .

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
You must not have realized Rob bought an El Diablo for his baddest TM setup on the planet, then bought ANOTHER one for his Nissan van. Nothing wrong with the El Diablo... quality unit with a cat pump, EFI engine and quality materials.
I seen his El Diablo video also, but I still think Apple to Apple the Legend is a better machine. JMO

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I really appreciate the input fellas. Now I have a battle plan.

I haven't heard anything bad about the ElD. Sounds like a very reputable unit and I'll be looking at the same stuff any other unit would have... blower, pump, engine

I'm pretty excited about the price, hours, and mileage. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Might be driving another van and an El D home tomorrow. I'll post what I find just because.