Input on bid for office cleaning. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Input on bid for office cleaning.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Keep in mind that your paying taxes on that dollar amount so when figuring out what your going to charge definitely include that in your total along with supplies, equipment, labor cost etc....

I'm with one of the other members I wouldn't touch a job for less than a $100 and that in my opinion is a very low bid. Also, I bill Net14 & or UPON RECEIPT unless otherwise agreed upon and I put that in the info packet before we join the team. For a job like what you've described I'd charge at the minimum $150 and I include a clause which states the estimate will be evaluated after the first 45 days and as needed and/or no less than one time annually. I really should have a lawyer draw up my service agreement but right now mine seems to work just fine :)

Honestly, cleaning a bathroom, depending on the size is going to at the minimum take every bit of 10 + minutes and that's only if your providing a very basic paper & sanitation replenishment & exterior surface wipe and go type of clean. I have a client that has a 850sqft bathroom/locker room combo x2 and it sometimes takes me every bit of 20 minutes to clean each one. If I rush through then ya I can get done in 10 but to provide every service 100% to include polishing urinal partitions, stall walls, sweep/mop ceramic tile, ext/inter toilets including base, polishing railings etc...its definitely going to take me longer than 10 minutes . If you think an area is going to take you 20 minutes then ad an additional 15 minutes at least then your not cutting yourself short at least do this for the first few weeks until you get a time frame down pack and keep in mind if you have employee's everyone moves at a different pace so just because one can clean an area in 15 minutes does necessarily mean another can get it done in 20 :( so so true.

Anyhow, I'm no pro, just know what has worked for me :) GOOD LUCK :)

2 bathrooms, each with just one toilet and one sink. The office is used by 7 rather clean and organized women. They supply and replace as needed all paper and soap. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes each room to clean them thoroughly. That's pretty much the only thing I was sure of for time. Restroom cleaning is up to 50% of what I do now.

Doesn't really matter though, one of their employees saw my bid and said they could do it for less. They're going to do the carpets, tile and grout and waxing too. We'll see how that goes I guess.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
2 bathrooms, each with just one toilet and one sink. The office is used by 7 rather clean and organized women. They supply and replace as needed all paper and soap. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes each room to clean them thoroughly. That's pretty much the only thing I was sure of for time. Restroom cleaning is up to 50% of what I do now.

Doesn't really matter though, one of their employees saw my bid and said they could do it for less. They're going to do the carpets, tile and grout and waxing too. We'll see how that goes I guess.
Well that bits! Sooner or later they'll call you again and when they do simply raise your price to a more appealing number :) Ya definitely a different situation than what I'm dealing with. Most of my clients have at least 3 toilets urinals, sinks and lockers, tons of shoes, trash bins, rolls and rolls of paper product blah blah blah. I do have one similar office and it is actually occupied by 2 ladies but it still takes me every bit of 15 minutes oh how i miss my younger days I was much quicker lol :) Good Luck to you!