Input on bid for office cleaning.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I haven't bid a lot of offices, last couple I did though my numbers were way off, mostly because I'm kind of lousy at figuring out the times, even with the ISSA cleaning times. I'd really like to get this one though so I thought I'd look for some input here.

Office with about 2,800 sq ft carpet, 350 sqft linoleum with gloss finish. Layout is 6 offices plus reception, each about 400sq ft, and a hallway, all CGD. 2 single occupant bathrooms, about 75 sqft each with linoleum, kitchen is 150 sq ft linoleum. 2 glass doors and a total of 18 windows. 10 garbage's.

They would like weekly cleaning to include vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning hard floors, dumping garbage, wiping down counters, cleaning up kitchen (wipe up sink, counters, microwave, outside of fridge, they deal with dishes) wiping down chairs and work table (long table with 6 computers used by their clients).

Through the course of the month we will also clean interior windows and dust window sills, computers, blinds, and high spots (top of fridge, bookshelves...)

Once a month we will deep scrub and burnish hard floors.

Even with the ISSA times I'm bad at estimating cleaning times for this kind of stuff. I'm thinking 1 person working on this shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours a night with an extra hour for the monthly scrub and buff (taking into account time to set up and break down). So average of 1 hour 50 minutes per cleaning through the month. I'm thinking $75 a week for this service.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Yep you seem a little low. It always takes longer than you think. I'll think about your description and get back to this thread...

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Wow I honestly wouldn’t get out of my chair for that kinda money. I’d double it. But maybe our area is different.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
If you have alot of competition or your slow and wanting more work, then I would still be around $90 per week. Think about it from their perspective. They can't hire someone in house, because once they train, pay workers comp and insurance, buy floor equipment it would cost them a grand a month. I have one weekly account that I got just for one of my employees. It pays 75 a week but it's less than 2k sq feet with no floor maintenance. I dont even ever go there, I just make a few bucks and help out my employee.
I would aim for 100-120 a week and tell them that you can be a little flexible if necessary.
Dusting blinds and cleaning kitchen stuff is a pain.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
If you have alot of competition or your slow and wanting more work, then I would still be around $90 per week. Think about it from their perspective. They can't hire someone in house, because once they train, pay workers comp and insurance, buy floor equipment it would cost them a grand a month. I have one weekly account that I got just for one of my employees. It pays 75 a week but it's less than 2k sq feet with no floor maintenance. I dont even ever go there, I just make a few bucks and help out my employee.
I would aim for 100-120 a week and tell them that you can be a little flexible if necessary.
Dusting blinds and cleaning kitchen stuff is a pain.
Exactly . 100 / week is fair . I sure would go for the $120 though .
Gasoline at $3.20 /gal . and the suppliers and shipping companies don’t have a problem emptying your wallet .
All the Best , Ed

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I haven't bid a lot of offices, last couple I did though my numbers were way off, mostly because I'm kind of lousy at figuring out the times, even with the ISSA cleaning times. I'd really like to get this one though so I thought I'd look for some input here.

Office with about 2,800 sq ft carpet, 350 sqft linoleum with gloss finish. Layout is 6 offices plus reception, each about 400sq ft, and a hallway, all CGD. 2 single occupant bathrooms, about 75 sqft each with linoleum, kitchen is 150 sq ft linoleum. 2 glass doors and a total of 18 windows. 10 garbage's.

They would like weekly cleaning to include vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning hard floors, dumping garbage, wiping down counters, cleaning up kitchen (wipe up sink, counters, microwave, outside of fridge, they deal with dishes) wiping down chairs and work table (long table with 6 computers used by their clients).

Through the course of the month we will also clean interior windows and dust window sills, computers, blinds, and high spots (top of fridge, bookshelves...)

Once a month we will deep scrub and burnish hard floors.

Even with the ISSA times I'm bad at estimating cleaning times for this kind of stuff. I'm thinking 1 person working on this shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours a night with an extra hour for the monthly scrub and buff (taking into account time to set up and break down). So average of 1 hour 50 minutes per cleaning through the month. I'm thinking $75 a week for this service.
We have office cleaning company with eight employees. What I recommendation is for you to come up with a flat rate that makes you feel comfortable. For that size of building would be my minimum which would be $520 per. (I think it will take longer Time Wise then what you're estimating don't cut yourself short) month flat rate every month it also takes into account holidays and put in the contract when they're closed you're closed. We have found billing per cleaning is absolutely a nightmare. Our customers absolutely know how much they're going to pay every month and love that factor. office cleaning can be great I love that my employees make me lot of money with out me having to be there and I'm also able to pay them great and keep them happy

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thank you for the input guys. In the past I've always over-over estimated the cleaning times so I was trying to force myself to be a bit more conservative with the times. I thought $75 seemed like maybe I had gone too low, and I guess I have. I think I'll shoot for $110 a week, or $440 a month.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Are you doing this yourself or working an employee? $75 per week won’t even cover the labor on this job. Even if you only pay $10 per hour that’s $100 per week in labor plus you still have payroll taxes and workers comp.

janitorial pricing should be calculated at $20 per man hour plus the cost of anything you are supplying such as toilet paper etc. basically you need to be charging $200 a week on this job if there are about 2 man hours per day. At $75 you are losing money.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
It's only a once a week job todd... not nightly. I haven't ever bid a janitorial job under 40$ an hour, and my county has a very low median income.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It's only a once a week job todd... not nightly. I haven't ever bid a janitorial job under 40$ an hour, and my county has a very low median income.
Ok, for some reason I was thinking 2 hours a night 5 nights a week for $75 a week. I couldn’t imagine working that much for that little.

2 hours a week sounds much better.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Ok, for some reason I was thinking 2 hours a night 5 nights a week for $75 a week. I couldn’t imagine working that much for that little.

2 hours a week sounds much better.
Oh, jeeze, I hope if I ever offer 5 days a week at $75 a week someone on here would have me locked away in a mental institution because I'd clearly be crazy! Lol!

Its just me, no employees, not yet. At the advise of everyone on here I increased the time per service to 3 hours and bid it at $440 a month ($110 per week). Comes to $36.66 an hour. I don't have to supply TP or anything like that otherwise I probably would have done $40 per hour. The cleaners I'm using I estimate my supplies cost at about $2 per week.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Well, all that and I got an email today that one of their employees wants to do all the cleaning (weekly plus carpets and waxing) so they're going to go with that instead. I'm sure they'll do it a lot cheaper than me.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Thank you for the input guys. In the past I've always over-over estimated the cleaning times so I was trying to force myself to be a bit more conservative with the times. I thought $75 seemed like maybe I had gone too low, and I guess I have. I think I'll shoot for $110 a week, or $440 a month.
Keep in mind that your paying taxes on that dollar amount so when figuring out what your going to charge definitely include that in your total along with supplies, equipment, labor cost etc....

I'm with one of the other members I wouldn't touch a job for less than a $100 and that in my opinion is a very low bid. Also, I bill Net14 & or UPON RECEIPT unless otherwise agreed upon and I put that in the info packet before we join the team. For a job like what you've described I'd charge at the minimum $150 and I include a clause which states the estimate will be evaluated after the first 45 days and as needed and/or no less than one time annually. I really should have a lawyer draw up my service agreement but right now mine seems to work just fine :)

Honestly, cleaning a bathroom, depending on the size is going to at the minimum take every bit of 10 + minutes and that's only if your providing a very basic paper & sanitation replenishment & exterior surface wipe and go type of clean. I have a client that has a 850sqft bathroom/locker room combo x2 and it sometimes takes me every bit of 20 minutes to clean each one. If I rush through then ya I can get done in 10 but to provide every service 100% to include polishing urinal partitions, stall walls, sweep/mop ceramic tile, ext/inter toilets including base, polishing railings etc...its definitely going to take me longer than 10 minutes . If you think an area is going to take you 20 minutes then ad an additional 15 minutes at least then your not cutting yourself short at least do this for the first few weeks until you get a time frame down pack and keep in mind if you have employee's everyone moves at a different pace so just because one can clean an area in 15 minutes does necessarily mean another can get it done in 20 :( so so true.

Anyhow, I'm no pro, just know what has worked for me :) GOOD LUCK :)