Ink spot

Daron Farrar

Apr 30, 2007
I am surprised this hasn't come up yet but you can remove most ink spots with rubbing alcohol, prefferably 91%. If a little ink still remains then touch up with AllSolve and/or PIG but the alcohol will usually get most or all of it out quickly and easily with very minimal or no bleeding, just blot with towels, no water or anything.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I recall very well the first time a customer showed me a spot where her dog had chewed on a pen. There was a blob of ink about the size of my thumbnail.

I had just gotten my IICUC (now IICRC) certification. They said 91% alcohol was the thing to use. About 30 minutes later I knew I was getting out a lot of ink because I had a waste tank full of blue water, every spotting towel I had was blue and the samll, dark blue stain was now a light blue stain about the size of a dinner plate. The customer was not so pleased with my sucess at removing the ink.

I was smart enough to stop before it got larger than the chair I was able to cover it with.

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
I like to use a prochem product called powersolvent then I rinse it with bridgepoints all solve. I rarely have a problem removing ink stains. Lately I have even used feils napthia bar to get out ink. Works great.

Reactions: aloha one

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
First, I never flush when the ink still there, or i gave up. I always a apply a little os any citrus or pro solv from CTI, I apply a little and I blot many time, one spot can take 30 minutes or more, then I will flush it.
There other day i removed 2 spots of mascara, wit the spotting bar Rob gave me, and let me tell you this that think is out of this world, the client was so happy she gave me a 20 dollars tip. I was thinking that it was going to be hard to remove but it was so easy.
Do you make the carpet moist first before applying fels to mascara?

May 10, 2016
Real Name
Christopher Ryan
Tips To Clean Ink Spots

1. Moisten the ink stain with either rubbing alcohol or non-oily hairspray.

2. Once you begin to lightly blot the ink stain from the carpet, you should start to see the color transfer onto the towel.

3. Once the area is stain-free, dab the area with a towel dipped in lukewarm water.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
We all know the peroxide trick. It's not a big discovery and it doesn't make much difference as far as removing the stain goes but it helps avoid some of the spreading. Scott, while what you are saying is correct ("don't use water" etc.), the fact is these methods don't remove the stain well. We are in this business to make money and the loss of time and chemical is not in our best interest.

Don't waste your time or money on ink spots when it comes to carpet. Like I said, I am currently in possession of a chemical that supposedly works on ink without any spreading. It worked on the first spot I tried it on but I am not 100% certain that it was ink. I'll let you all know once I try it on a few more ink spots. The ProChem, Bridgepoint (P.I.G.) products don't work well, period. All they do is remove some of the ink but since they don't remove all of it, the visual difference is minimal.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
There are many variations to removing ink. I like the Stain Magic pro solv pro gel and a steamer if necessary. If I do remove too much color I just redye it... More often than not I don't remove any color from the carpet.
2014-02-11 12.12.38.jpg
2014-02-11 13.39.44.jpg
I haven't had the same success with rubbing alcohol but I only tried it once and it wasn't near as effective as above.

Attachments

• 2014-02-11 12.23.16.jpg
    2014-02-11 12.23.16.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 2014-02-11 13.29.32.jpg
    2014-02-11 13.29.32.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 242