Ink On Leather

tcornine

Feb 5, 2010
pa
Real Name
thomas cornine
Business Location
United States
Not sure..this question was posted on a local webpage for our school system..I would like to answer this correctly..I am a newbie and would like professional advice..and offer this advice in return for a little free advertising..

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It is necessary to know the type or finish of leather to know how successful different approaches might be and to determine if there a risk to damage or remove color from the leather.

For protected leather - which is about 75% of residential leather and 85% of commercial leather; new ink stains (within a week or less) can be removed using Ink Lifter by Leathermaster. This will help on older stains but may not completely remove the ink.

For further ink removal on protected (Type P) leather use Leathermaster's Soft Remover or Super Remover. Super Remover is more likely to remove the stain but it is also more likely to remove some color from the leather. Finish by cleaning with Strong Cleaner to rinse away the Ink Lifter, Soft Cleaner or Super Remover which should not be left on leather. They will dry it out.

This is only for protected, also known as pigmented, leather.

I do have a Basic of Leather Cleaning training video that I did. I'll be glad to send it to anyone who sends me an email asking for the leather cleaning DVD. Please, put that in the title of the email. I will need your mailing address to send it to you.

[email protected]

Stain removal from leather can remove color or damage leather if improperly done. I suggest this only be done by a professional cleaner with patience.

roger koh

Sep 3, 2012
Real Name
Roger Koh
Can you please tell me how to get Ink from a pen out of a leather couch..Thank you...

See how ink removal on pigmented leather works!

#1 Ballpoint Ink Stains . . .
InkStainRemovalTechnique-1.jpg

#2 Prep-7.7 Applications . . .
InkStainRemovalTechnique-2.jpg

#3 Revolutionized “reverse transfer” technique . . .
InkStainRemovalTechnique-3.jpg

#4 Paper towel is peeled after 24 hours dwell-time.
InkStainRemovalTechnique-05.jpg

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Leather master stuff rocks! I was part of the original training with Steve Poulos many years ago. Although slower for me now - I made a ton of $ with leather over the years.