Injust ordered Revive it rocket,questions..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Wow! You just answered those questions while I was asking them! So my Edic has a heater that heats up to 210 degrees. No way to dial it down Robert. Its either on or off. What so you recommend?
Fill with hot water form the tap and don't use the heater. Tap water is anywhere from 130 - 160 degrees, which is plenty hot for even a greasy restaurant carpet.

Too much water left in the carpet can cause a separation of the adhesive, really hot water adds to the problem. A super high PH prespray that doesn't get rinsed out all the way can further increase the chances of this problem. All that said, I've cleaned with a portable using a single 3 stage vac at 300psi, 210 degrees, and a prespray spiked with groutmaster and degreaser and peroxide (thats a pretty high PH) and had no problems.

So be careful not to over wet, make plenty of dry passes, and follow up with the bonnet. You should be fine. Like I said, it's not often that that happens to carpet.

Edit: If you are using a very high PH prespray, you should be using an acid rinse to help neutralize the prespray to prevent rapid resoiling of the carpet.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Fill with hot water form the tap and don't use the heater. Tap water is anywhere from 130 - 160 degrees, which is plenty hot for even a greasy restaurant carpet.

Too much water left in the carpet can cause a separation of the adhesive, really hot water adds to the problem. A super high PH prespray that doesn't get rinsed out all the way can further increase the chances of this problem. All that said, I've cleaned with a portable using a single 3 stage vac at 300psi, 210 degrees, and a prespray spiked with groutmaster and degreaser and peroxide (thats a pretty high PH) and had no problems.

So be careful not to over wet, make plenty of dry passes, and follow up with the bonnet. You should be fine. Like I said, it's not often that that happens to carpet.
Awesome info Robert! Thank you very much! Man, I wish I could hang out with someone that does this for a living. So much to learn!!

Edit: If you are using a very high PH prespray, you should be using an acid rinse to help neutralize the prespray to prevent rapid resoiling of the carpet.
Robert,
What is a good acid rinse to use? What do you recommend?
Thanks

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Awesome info Robert! Thank you very much! Man, I wish I could hang out with someone that does this for a living. So much to learn!!

Robert,
What is a good acid rinse to use? What do you recommend?
Thanks
Recently I've been using the RSF Acid rinse from the TMF store. It's done a great job. Flex Ice is another good rinse. And Matrix or Prochems All Fiber Rinse from Jon Don are both good rinses.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Keep your temp down! Lol! The adhesive on a lot of CGD is heat sensitive. Commercial is about 90% of what I do. Keep the water temp to about 150, pressure under 300psi. The only time I've had what you described happen was on a carpet that was trashed anyway. Owner was kind of sad it wasn't permanent, he was looking for a reason to have it torn out.
Wow! You just answered those questions while I was asking them! So my Edic has a heater that heats up to 210 degrees. No way to dial it down Robert. Its either on or off. What so you recommend?
Little chance youll reactivate the old glue through the carpet. Especially with electric heater. If left wet (soaked) it can soften the glue over short time. But once cured or dry its pretty difficult to penetrate. Probably would be more concerned about delaminating the carpet vs the glue at that point.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Little chance youll reactivate the old glue through the carpet. Especially with electric heater. If left wet (soaked) it can soften the glue over short time. But once cured or dry its pretty difficult to penetrate. Probably would be more concerned about delaminating the carpet vs the glue at that point.
Keep it clean,
Thanks for the input and help! This restaraunt is newer carpet and has not been cleaned in about 4 months. Its red, but looks dark maroon in many areas from the dirt. Its actually my favorite Mexican restaraunt. I think they are going to let me do it!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
That should hold any bonnet or pad. But do NOT use it to agitate. The bristles are short and stiff to hold pads secure. its not meant to scrub anything by itself. It will damage the carpet.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
That should hold any bonnet or pad. But do NOT use it to agitate. The bristles are short and stiff to hold pads secure. its not meant to scrub anything by itself. It will damage the carpet.
Thanks Robert! Yes I thought that was a possibility too.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Yes please do Not use as a brush, that will tear up a plush the twist in the fiber... Back to that glue thing...I had it happen on one my first jobs, 27 years ago, freaked me out, I had no forum, no cell phones, a buddy I called told me to bring up the heat in the building, the high temp like 80° laid it back down.
Turned out, was crappy job of glueing it down.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yes please do Not use as a brush, that will tear up a plush the twist in the fiber... Back to that glue thing...I had it happen on one my first jobs, 27 years ago, freaked me out, I had no forum, no cell phones, a buddy I called told me to bring up the heat in the building, the high temp like 80° laid it back down.
Turned out, was crappy job of glueing it down.
Scott,
Yea, that I am sure freaked you out! This forum has already taught me alot! And I dont think I have even been a member a week yet.
Im amazed at what some of these wands cost. They seems way overpriced to me. Over 2 grand for a Zipper wand??? 1400.00 for a Bonzer. I guess they are not mass produced so thats part of the problem.

Scott Kaun

Jun 17, 2012
Real Name
Scott Kaun
Yes, I agree, specialty items, over learned over the years it's like farming, a belt for piece of equipment cost way too much.
Where are you located...

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Scott,
Im in Southern California. About 6 miles north of Disneyland. Been here all my life! How about you?

Latest posts