Dumb carpet cleaners here. Dont know what a sprint is. An important list to get done that gets top priority ?Will!
Thank you so much for the time you spent putting this together. I don't use TMF but I know my product manager took this thread apart and created a sprint based on it. If you would like to get involved in the conversation, I would love that!
Excellent review Will!I mean this with constructive criticism to show areas of improvement from a long time SM user. I would like to use Housecall Pro as my main platform, but I can't right now in its current state.
I'll start with pricing. SM is I think $80/month. I'm paying $50/month since I've been with them for awhile and got in at a lower rate. Post cards are $1.30/ea which is a little pricey. Housecall Pro is $23/month, if you add one employee so he/she can close and access jobs its $40/month.
I know that Housecall Pro is a new service and they are still improving and working on their interface and SM has been around for years. The difference really shows between a new service and an established service when it comes to the interface. I like a lot of ideas that Housecall has like the text messaging to the customer when you are en route and when the job is done, built in CC processing.
This is all my opinion, other users may have different opinions.
- With SM when you enter in the zip code it auto populates the city and state.
- SM also auto populates the area code for the phone number which I find surprisingly handy when I started using a different service that doesn't.
- SM has a lead source field and Housecall does not. I find it critical to keep track of how my customers are finding me. During housecall training I was told that this can be done by applying tags to customers but this is cumbersome and not an option that appears when doing a 'quick add' for a new customer.
Company info and services
- Housecall needs to add an option for default area code like SM has. Easy and but very handy and time saving feature.
- Once you add a service into Housecall, you cannot delete it. Don't mess up when you are adding a new service because once its in it is in.
- With Housecall you cannot currently add unit numbers to an order you are building. If someone wants 4 rooms done you need to check off the box that says '4 rooms'. You cannot add one room with a quantity of 4. This goes on to create other problems such as multiple rooms with pet treatment, or if you are doing 10 small chairs, carpet protectant for 5 rooms etc. I was told they are going to add this feature soon.
- Orders cannot be edited once they are saved. Lets say a customer orders 3 rooms and a hall. You get to the site and its actually 4 rooms with one extra large room. With SM you can pull up the order and increase the quantity of rooms to 4 and add one large room as a line item. With housecall you cannot add another room, you have to manually add another line, type in the description for that line and a price. You cannot get back to the order line item screen to enter your predetermined services.
I'm not meaning this to be negative toward Housecall at all. Just ways on how to make the service better. Housecall has a lot of potential once they iron out these rough spots.
- When you go to the scheduling screen in Housecall it defaults to todays view. SM defaults to the week view which is much more useful. Very small detail and it can probably easily changed by default but I couldn't find it.
- Drag and drop scheduling is much more intuitive on SM. In housecall you can only modify the job time of the one you are actively looking at. Once you modify it, you can't start drag and dropping other jobs. You must exit out and back to the scheduling screen then select the next job to modify its time.
Things that I like about Housecall compared to SM
Suggestions and wish list
- Better price rate
- Applications instead of fairly archaic mobile website
- Customer notification system
- Much better rates on post cards
- Integrated CC processing at a rate better then squared.
- Address the above points I made
- Online booking through our websites using a widget of some kind. SM has this feature through a 2nd company but it is at a ridiculous price of $200/month
- Default scheduling to week view with drag and drop rescheduling. Have jobs show the price total and show a running total for current weeks sales